Money better be reading these!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #11
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Beating Packman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast

I've kind learned that patience is the key to this game. Unfortunately in a 3 round fight you can't be too patient because the other fighter will be more active and win the rounds.

I'm dying to lower the accuracy!
BINGO. I can't use a 12 round strategy in a 3 round fight... LOL. But your right though impatience in this game can be damaging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I did some testing last night and Pac's over hand modified left is way over powered. I went online and knocked out every Cotto I faced just throwing that punch.

I will need a little more time test but give it a shot and see what you think.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
BINGO. I can't use a 12 round strategy in a 3 round fight... LOL. But your right though impatience in this game can be damaging.
I'm using a 12 round strategy and losing all three rounds on the cards lol but I'm just getting my skills down and once the game is released I'll stop Pac in the later rounds. I'm been mixing it up between boxing and brawling working on my game inside and out against pac. On the outside I'm backing him up behind may jab, using 1, 2 combs and countering his straight left which causes him to clinch a lot but Pac don't clinch, so they need to get rid of that and let me KO him. lol On the inside I do alot of bobing n weaving sticking to his chest like glue and hooking the hell out of his body and uppercuts to the head seem to be very effective. BUT your not winning any rounds using my strategy unless it's going 12 rounds.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #14
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

I actually find uppercuts to be a bit underpowered. Hooks to the head seem to be a lot more effective (which is a shame, because I tend to use uppercuts more when I get inside. I'm trying to change that)
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

HAHA I STOPPED HIM !!!!! Dropped him in the 3rd. Just like you guys suggested
I worked the jab and was just looking for a nice 12 combo not trying to win each exchange just combo and work off counters. The I started retreating off my jab and letting him close distance..

In the 3rd I jab get distance and anticipate him closing with a modified straight right.... He walks right into it... put his neck on a hinge... He goes down for a 5 count...

He gets up and I stay patient then I double up the jab and retreat again and you guessed it same striaght right as he closes and its good night Irene....

He has beat me like 20 times but the KO was the ultimate justification....

Of course I was losing in the judges eyes until the knockout.

DAM that felt great.... Not just blind punching and praying. Gameplan was executed to perfection. Nothing better than that family.

Why the hell don't they have replay on this dam demo ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
HAHA I STOPPED HIM !!!!! Dropped him in the 3rd. Just like you guys suggested
I worked the jab and was just looking for a nice 12 combo not trying to win each exchange just combo and work off counters. The I started retreating off my jab and letting him close distance..

In the 3rd I jab get distance and anticipate him closing with a modified straight right.... He walks right into it... put his neck on a hinge... He goes down for a 5 count...

He gets up and I stay patient then I double up the jab and retreat again and you guessed it same striaght right as he closes and its good night Irene....

He has beat me like 20 times but the KO was the ultimate justification....

Of course I was losing in the judges eyes until the knockout.

DAM that felt great.... Not just blind punching and praying. Gameplan was executed to perfection. Nothing better than that family.

Why the hell don't they have replay on this dam demo ?
nice Czar!!! If you look at the ratio of win to losses it is about right. Pac should win the majortiy of the time, but there is always that punchers chance Cotto could win against Pac in real life.....doubtful...but a chance.

I also would like to see the replay system because I know I am going to be making some crazy highlight reels. Even without if, if you look at my Pac vs Cotto clash of titans video. If you have a decent editing software then you can just zoom if enough to remove the bars. You lose a little bit of quality but its the best we can do with the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »