Home

Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on February 12

This is a discussion on Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on February 12 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-31-2024, 10:44 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on February 12

A new Undisputed update is scheduled to arrive on February 12 featuring Career Mode, Character Creator,...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2024, 11:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on F

Hoping for a super solid combat sports game after waiting more than a decade!! Can you believe it, over a decade since a decent combat sports title released. The game already has a decent foundation, now if they can polish it up, we’ll be gold.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:11 AM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on F

My big takeaway here was that this is the final update before launch...

So,... I believe a few things going on here. 1st, I think Ash after initially announcing the game and basically falling 2 years behind what he thought would happen I think they hit an inflection point of 'enough is enough' and want to get the game out, support it and eventually make a sequel.

2nd, they hired 7 senior people some with big-time resume's which leads me to believe they are going to have a shorter time-frame to full release with this added experience. They will also go hard on console release as I think that's always been the goal to have it very closely behind PC release. They also have the money for this with the recent SAUDI investment (imo).

3rd, and most interesting to me is - all the above info aside regarding career and character creator etc - what time and effort will they actually still have left for GAMEPLAY? I think there will be a substantial improvement since the last update in terms of AI, but the biggest stuff to me I'm not sure they will address. A while back they did additional mo-cap to try and iron out major issues but that never made it to the game and made me think it just won't ... something went wrong over the past 6 months (all imo). I think Ash needed to right the ship and there was a lot of wasted time and conflicting direction.

Gameplay issues that I really want to see (and they're not huge) but I don't think are coming:

• punches reflecting real life ranges
right now standing jabs are thrown as if in hooking range, and hooks and even uppercuts have MORE reach (which is ridiculous and hurts the gameplay)

• Clinches are stagnant and non-existent in Multi-player.
I think they will add multiplayer, but I know am 99% certain clinches will ship as they are now. This is a bummer because it's a sore thumb with all they great movement they have this is so not dynammic. It's simply a numbers game of you'll be able to do 4 or 5 before a point comes off then a disqualification - so NOT boxing and the mechanic also drains the stamina of the non-initiator ... very much an afterthought of a mechanic for something so core to boxing. I wanted dynamic clinches that would happen naturally and also have the fighters move and jostle a bit. I wanted natural tie-ups when both fighters move too aggressively towards each other and get their arms tangled sometimes. Not always full clinches like freeze tag. This would also really help w/ realistic punch stats.

• More deliberate, calculated gameplay as a result of realistic situational damage. Sometimes people get flash knockdowns, and ko's and that's in the game (but rare)- but the stunned states are not dynamic and they dont reflect the sport. There should be like 4 or 5 different kinds of 'stunned' sometimes in real life knees buckle and it's a surprise (to both guys), sometimes hands are arms drop and the guy moves like he's just got out of a pool wearing jeans and a winter jacket lol... you get the point - I'd like to see loss of balance sometimes and guys woozy, but also be able to fire back. They just use the gassed animations for punches while you're hurt which sucks

• DEFENSE! What they call bob and weave (left trigger) mostly doesn't work - earlier builds particularly a demo of wilder v fury you'd see them miss badly as the body bent and ducked and you'd see big whiff's. While actually playing the game the punch tracking is too tight and the movements are too small. bob/weave left to right is pretty much pointless are you can't really dodge a punch. The slip is ok but it costs stamina (which is fine) but I think punches also need to lose more stam on a whiff vs a solid connect. My main point here is that if I'm 100% focused on defence and getting out of the way - I should be harder to hit. opponents connecting 45% on someone bobbing and weaving shouldn't happen. It should be hard to hit a moving target!

to recap - appropriate punch animations, appropriate damage, dynamic clinching and effective defence would make this a kick-arse game!

As it stands now it's definitely 'good' - but that's all it will ever be. I'm just hoping they will address at least the punch ranges - that is just crazy....
Old 02-03-2024, 11:59 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
My big takeaway here was that this is the final update before launch...

So,... I believe a few things going on here. 1st, I think Ash after initially announcing the game and basically falling 2 years behind what he thought would happen I think they hit an inflection point of 'enough is enough' and want to get the game out, support it and eventually make a sequel.

2nd, they hired 7 senior people some with big-time resume's which leads me to believe they are going to have a shorter time-frame to full release with this added experience. They will also go hard on console release as I think that's always been the goal to have it very closely behind PC release. They also have the money for this with the recent SAUDI investment (imo).

3rd, and most interesting to me is - all the above info aside regarding career and character creator etc - what time and effort will they actually still have left for GAMEPLAY? I think there will be a substantial improvement since the last update in terms of AI, but the biggest stuff to me I'm not sure they will address. A while back they did additional mo-cap to try and iron out major issues but that never made it to the game and made me think it just won't ... something went wrong over the past 6 months (all imo). I think Ash needed to right the ship and there was a lot of wasted time and conflicting direction.

Gameplay issues that I really want to see (and they're not huge) but I don't think are coming:

• punches reflecting real life ranges
right now standing jabs are thrown as if in hooking range, and hooks and even uppercuts have MORE reach (which is ridiculous and hurts the gameplay)

• Clinches are stagnant and non-existent in Multi-player.
I think they will add multiplayer, but I know am 99% certain clinches will ship as they are now. This is a bummer because it's a sore thumb with all they great movement they have this is so not dynammic. It's simply a numbers game of you'll be able to do 4 or 5 before a point comes off then a disqualification - so NOT boxing and the mechanic also drains the stamina of the non-initiator ... very much an afterthought of a mechanic for something so core to boxing. I wanted dynamic clinches that would happen naturally and also have the fighters move and jostle a bit. I wanted natural tie-ups when both fighters move too aggressively towards each other and get their arms tangled sometimes. Not always full clinches like freeze tag. This would also really help w/ realistic punch stats.

• More deliberate, calculated gameplay as a result of realistic situational damage. Sometimes people get flash knockdowns, and ko's and that's in the game (but rare)- but the stunned states are not dynamic and they dont reflect the sport. There should be like 4 or 5 different kinds of 'stunned' sometimes in real life knees buckle and it's a surprise (to both guys), sometimes hands are arms drop and the guy moves like he's just got out of a pool wearing jeans and a winter jacket lol... you get the point - I'd like to see loss of balance sometimes and guys woozy, but also be able to fire back. They just use the gassed animations for punches while you're hurt which sucks

• DEFENSE! What they call bob and weave (left trigger) mostly doesn't work - earlier builds particularly a demo of wilder v fury you'd see them miss badly as the body bent and ducked and you'd see big whiff's. While actually playing the game the punch tracking is too tight and the movements are too small. bob/weave left to right is pretty much pointless are you can't really dodge a punch. The slip is ok but it costs stamina (which is fine) but I think punches also need to lose more stam on a whiff vs a solid connect. My main point here is that if I'm 100% focused on defence and getting out of the way - I should be harder to hit. opponents connecting 45% on someone bobbing and weaving shouldn't happen. It should be hard to hit a moving target!

to recap - appropriate punch animations, appropriate damage, dynamic clinching and effective defence would make this a kick-arse game!

As it stands now it's definitely 'good' - but that's all it will ever be. I'm just hoping they will address at least the punch ranges - that is just crazy....
Yea, I immediately second guessed their decision for the upcoming update to be the last. I'm not fully confident that the punch impact and A.I. will be polished (which I think is crucial for the introduction to career mode). I'm not the biggest fan of UFC 5 but I've been playing alot of it lately. That game makes it glaringly obvious that Undisputed needs to fix punch impact and game speed.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:44 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just a heads up.

The Undisputed update is available today. They are aware of the crashing and unable to play issues that some users are reporting and are working to resolve it.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2024, 10:31 AM   #6
Pro

Downloaded this last night, only got time to play a couple of career mode fights for a reason I’ll outline. Overall, I’m liking it, need to get further in to really have any opinion on it, but the character creator is certainly deep, pretty much can make whatever you want, already seeing some reallllly good CAB’s over on Reddit

The biggest issue is the loading times. Not sure how this made it past testing tbh, the game is taking upwards of 30-40 minutes to load up a match. This is getting wildly reported on Reddit so it’s definitely not just me. They’ve already released a patch this morning to address the crashing issues, which is great, but they need to get this loading time issue sorted out because, currently, the game is unplayable until it’s resolved
Old 02-13-2024, 01:38 PM   #7
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

although my load times were big (2min+) I didn't experience that.

My Middleweight CAF is 16-3-1 w/ 11 knockouts, currently ranked between 27-14 between all the governing bodies. I decided to play on 'pro' difficulty which is a nice balance between how hard it is vs cheap corner cutting buffs by the cpu

That said, I'm REALLY liking career because the boxing is much more deliberate and you get dropped really easily if you're not careful. I love all the out of ring stuff and love that it's not mini-games because they become stale really quickly.

I'm also sick right now lol, so my career is a TONNE of time invested already. So it's a good balance - I'm now firmly in the mid 70s skill wise and usually look to fight guys a few ticks up. It's cool to 'cheat the system' and fight a bum in the low 70s that's ranked much higher than say a kell brooke or something like that. I've also avenged all my loses and even had a rubber match with 2 of them.

My punch output numbers as well as the CPU are actually very surprisingly close to real life numbers. One 10 round fight I had 140 landed out of 390 thrown, similar to CPU. this is VERY different from the game for me up until now.

so overall it's a big time win to get my hands on this - they did a great job so far with more to come.

I tried making a Kessler CAF as a side note and although the sliders are robust - I don't find it easy. He looks 'OK' but its very difficult and time consuming.

Cheers!
Old 02-13-2024, 02:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

AI is still ***, more aggressive now but still not challenging. When you rock the AI, it now just stands still and lets you swing till you drop it. Haven't touched career mode because of this, no point in investing time in a career mode with a broken AI.

CAF creator face wise is OK but the body morphing is horrific.

Here's a quick Tyson I made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »