Home

Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on February 12

This is a discussion on Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on February 12 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2024, 03:11 PM   #9
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on F

career is different though - honestly. 16-3-1 for me and online I'm 260-150 ... so it's not too easy and that's on pro. I think it's a fair challenge if you're looking to build a champion and still have 5-8 ish losses in 35 or so fights?

It might be partly because of the stat progression but pro is a nice experience in career.

nice Tyson btw! he looks like he could be bulkier - I think most people confuse 'muscle' definition with 'size' tyson was never shredded like Holyfield - you wouldn't notice any pectoral striations - that's why I tone that down for the dudes I've created.

Another thing worth noting - go play over the shoulder cam vs/ Ryan Rhodes! it's actually pretty wild - I put motion blur on but you truly see the hit impacts and facial expressions are CRAZY. It feels real at times from that perspective. The cam isn't perfect but it really shows off the game.

Anyway, I'd at least give career a go, it doesn't feel the same at all and the different AI archetypes help as well. I've genuinely been having fun with it.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:23 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Undisputed Update Adds Career Mode, Character Creator, Camera Angle and More on F

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
although my load times were big (2min+) I didn't experience that.

My Middleweight CAF is 16-3-1 w/ 11 knockouts, currently ranked between 27-14 between all the governing bodies. I decided to play on 'pro' difficulty which is a nice balance between how hard it is vs cheap corner cutting buffs by the cpu

That said, I'm REALLY liking career because the boxing is much more deliberate and you get dropped really easily if you're not careful. I love all the out of ring stuff and love that it's not mini-games because they become stale really quickly.

I'm also sick right now lol, so my career is a TONNE of time invested already. So it's a good balance - I'm now firmly in the mid 70s skill wise and usually look to fight guys a few ticks up. It's cool to 'cheat the system' and fight a bum in the low 70s that's ranked much higher than say a kell brooke or something like that. I've also avenged all my loses and even had a rubber match with 2 of them.

My punch output numbers as well as the CPU are actually very surprisingly close to real life numbers. One 10 round fight I had 140 landed out of 390 thrown, similar to CPU. this is VERY different from the game for me up until now.

so overall it's a big time win to get my hands on this - they did a great job so far with more to come.

I tried making a Kessler CAF as a side note and although the sliders are robust - I don't find it easy. He looks 'OK' but its very difficult and time consuming.

Cheers!
Yeah, I'm also needing to run it off an SD card atm for various reasons, almost certainly not helping, but I shut it down last night after waiting over 20 mins for my third amateur fight to start lol. I'll give it another shot tonight it could've just been a one off thing but I've never had trouble with loading times like this strictly due to an SD card lol
Old 02-13-2024, 04:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
career is different though - honestly. 16-3-1 for me and online I'm 260-150 ... so it's not too easy and that's on pro. I think it's a fair challenge if you're looking to build a champion and still have 5-8 ish losses in 35 or so fights?

It might be partly because of the stat progression but pro is a nice experience in career.

nice Tyson btw! he looks like he could be bulkier - I think most people confuse 'muscle' definition with 'size' tyson was never shredded like Holyfield - you wouldn't notice any pectoral striations - that's why I tone that down for the dudes I've created.

Another thing worth noting - go play over the shoulder cam vs/ Ryan Rhodes! it's actually pretty wild - I put motion blur on but you truly see the hit impacts and facial expressions are CRAZY. It feels real at times from that perspective. The cam isn't perfect but it really shows off the game.

Anyway, I'd at least give career a go, it doesn't feel the same at all and the different AI archetypes help as well. I've genuinely been having fun with it.
I'll give it a try when they fix the AI. Its been my biggest grievance, a whole year went by and barely any progress.

Anyways this how Tyson looks now after a few edits I made this morning.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2024, 05:12 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

Current state of the career mode is pretty barebones in some aspects, however, at the same time, this is the best Combat sports career mode that I’ve played in AGES. It has a “living” ranking system that pulls you in. CPU fighters are actively engaging (simulated) and moving up and down the ranks with stories as well. There’s a few things it’ll need and I’m hoping that by official release it’s fully fleshed out.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:22 PM   #13
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
I'll give it a try when they fix the AI. Its been my biggest grievance, a whole year went by and barely any progress.

Anyways this how Tyson looks now after a few edits I made this morning.

That's solid! it would be cool if they had boxer share....maybe one day.

I see Tyson and Floyd seem to be the 2 most popular ones people are attempting but most look really bad. Yours is legit man, good work!
Old 02-14-2024, 01:51 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

My attempt at Mayweather

Old 02-14-2024, 03:43 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

How is the training done?
Is gaining or losing weight pose any problems?
Will you lose power moving up in weight classes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2024, 06:53 PM   #16
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
How is the training done?
Is gaining or losing weight pose any problems?
Will you lose power moving up in weight classes?
How is the training done? It's simulated. You start at 100%, and as you pick training sessions, that cost energy. One of my favorite parts of career mode is that you can negotiate terms to the fight, such as fight purse, media sessions, and length of training camps.

Is gaining or losing weight pose any problems? Definitely. You can go into fights overweight which takes a hit to your abilities. You definitely have to monitor your weight when simulating weeks.

Will you lose power moving up in weight classes? I haven't gotten to that as of yet. I don't see an option to move up or down thus far in career mode.

Some screens from career mode of my first fighter. I never fought in bantanweight in the fight night titles. After watching a ton of OfficeHancho videos on youtube, and his depth reporting on Japanese fighters. I felt inspired to create my own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »