Home

Nashville Stars Expansion Franchise | OOTP

This is a discussion on Nashville Stars Expansion Franchise | OOTP within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2023, 04:49 PM   #1
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

OVR: 0
Nashville Stars Expansion Franchise | OOTP

I haven't done any sort of dynasty report on OS in about a year and a half now. Once I got OOTP 24 and really got a chance to dive into it, I decided I'd try one more Nashville expansion franchise report.

This time around, I am going to start the franchise off like the Tampa Bay Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks did in the 90's. They were awarded a team in March of 1995 and began play in 1998 so they had a few years to build up a farm system. So, I will be simming through the 2023 and 2024 seasons with Nashville beginning play in 2025. I will give draft, season, and off-season recaps as we work our way towards the 2025 season.

The goal is to keep this franchise going across future versions of OOTP. I've done enough of these reports on OS to know that I will get burnt out from making posts lol. BUT, I want to keep coming back to this and make it a worthwhile project/read for everyone that is interested.

House Rules

My team Role: Only GM
Trade Difficulty: Hard
Expansion Draft: Teams protect 18 players (I am pushing the protection list back from 20 players from my previous Franchise as I don't know how (or if) Free Agency would effect the expansion draft player pool in the off-season of 2025)

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the journey as we try to build this startup Nashville franchise into a (hopeful) perennial World Series contender!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2023, 04:50 PM   #2
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Re: Nashville Stars Expansion Franchise | OOTP

Franchise History
Old 04-01-2023, 04:52 PM   #3
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Major Transactions
Old 04-01-2023, 04:55 PM   #4
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Draft Selections/International Free Agent Signings
Old 04-01-2023, 04:55 PM   #5
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Nashville Player Accolades
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2023, 05:30 PM   #6
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

BREAKING: MLB Awards Nashville With Expansion Team

Monday, March 14, 2022

Today, MLB Commissioner, Rob Manfred, announced that Music City Baseball's expansion bid was accepted today as Nashville will be awarded the league's 32nd Franchise, making Nashville a three-team major professional sports city. A week ago, Manfred announced Portland would receive the other MLB expansion team.

The MLB has been open to expanding for years now and for the longest time, Nashville's expansion bid was considered an underdog. Some figured it would be a westward expansion with Portland and Las Vegas winning bids. There was also speculation behind a return of the Montreal Expos. Charlotte's bid was also very competitive. But, thanks to Nashville becoming one of the fastest growing cities in America, along with an impressive bid by Music City Baseball's ownership group, the MLB just couldn't pass on giving Nashville a Franchise.

Other cities in contention for an expansion Franchise were Charlotte, Las Vegas, Montreal, San Antonio, and Vancouver.

Nashville and Portland will begin play in the 2025 season, which gives both Franchises three years to lay the foundation for the farm systems and allows time for their new stadiums to be built.

In terms of divisional alignment, Nashville will join the NL Central Division while Portland will join the AL West Division. With Portland joining the AL West, the Houston Astros will shift into the AL Central Division as this will give both Central divisions in 6 teams.

While both Nashville and Portland will begin play in the MLB in 2025, the rest of 2022 will be both organizations filling out their front office as well as beginning construction on Minor League stadiums. In 2023, their their Rookie League teams and Low-A team will begin play so both clubs can begin developing players. In 2024, both teams' A+ and Double-A affiliates will make their debut. With the Triple-A and MLB teams making their debut in 2025.

Nashville's MLB stadium will be constructed just south of Nissan Stadium, the home of the Tennessee Titans. The ballpark will sit next to the Cumberland River and will have a great view of downtown Nashville.

Nashville's Ballpark will cost $1.05 billion and construction has already been approved to start immediately. The funds have been given through majority owner, Andy Shumpert, minority owners, investors, and through revenue bonds which have been approved by the Nashville Metro Council. The park will have a capacity of 45,500 which will be the 10th largest stadium in the MLB upon completion.

The expansion Nashville franchise will adopt the Stars nickname in homage to the former Negro League team that played in the city from the 1930's to 1951.

In 2025, the Nashville Sounds Triple-A team, which is the Milwaukee Brewers' Triple-A affiliate, will move to Madison, WI. The relocated Madison affiliate will be named the Madison Bucks in honor of the cities' NBA team that is coming off a 2021 NBA Championship.

Now begins the tough part for the Stars. Assembling a quality front office that can help build up the Franchise quickly.

Last edited by orlegend0208; 04-01-2023 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2023, 05:57 PM   #7
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Nashville Expansion Franchise Acquires The Tennessee Smokies

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Nashville expansion club majority owner, Andy Shumpert, held a press conference today announcing the expansion club's purchase of the Tennessee Smokies.

The Smokies Franchise has been an affiliate of four different teams since 2000. They have been the affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays (1980-2002), St. Louis Cardinals (2003-2004), Arizona Diamondbacks (2005-2006), and Chicago Cubs 2007-2024).

The Smokies' have played in Kodak, TN (a town about 20 minutes east of downtown Knoxville) since 1999. However, Smokies' organization owner, Randy Boyd, has announced that the team plans on building a new stadium in downtown Knoxville, TN. The construction on the new stadium should be completed by opening day, 2025.

In a bit of a surprising move, Nashville's ownership group intends on having the Tennessee Smokies organization be their Triple-A affiliate starting in 2025. Knoxville is just a little over 2.5 hours from Nashville, which would help make late, emergency callups easier. This move should also help garner interest for both the big league ball club and the Triple-A affiliate in Knoxville since both cities are in the same state and so close in distance.

From statements made today, this will be Nashville's only MiLB club purchase. The rest will be founded and details will be announced regarding the rest of the MiLB organization within the next few weeks.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:26 PM   #8
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Nashville Stars' Announce Finalized Minor League Organization Details

Sunday, April 24, 2022

In what will be the final press release on the matter, the Nashville Stars' majority owner, Andy Shumpert, released the details on the cities and team names for his clubs' minor league affiliates.

It was officially announced that the Tennessee Smokies will join the International League starting in 2025 when they become Nashville's Triple-A affiliate.

Below are the team names and logos for Nashville's minor league affiliates:

AA Team: Kentucky Colonels | Lexington, KY

Credit: TXRanger on the OOTP forums

The Nashville Double-A affiliate pays homage to Louisville's American Basketball Association (ABA) team that played in the city from 1967-1976. A deal with the city of Lexington was made due to just 214 miles separating Nashville from Lexington. The team will take the place of the Tennessee Smokies in the Double-A Southern League and will begin play in 2024.

A+ Team: Clarksville Frontiersmen | Clarksville, TN

clarksville_frontiersmen.png
Credit: Low on OOTP Forums

Clarksville was chosen as the A+ affiliate for the Stars due to the fact that it's a city that nearly has the same population as Knoxville, while also being just 50 miles Northwest of Nashville. Clarksville, the home of Austin Peay State University, has never had a professional sports team call the city home. So this will definitely be a big hit with fans of the Nashville organization as a quick hour long drive will get you a ticket to the A+ affiliate's stadium to watch future Nashville big leaguers play. The Clarksville organization will join the A+ Midwest League and begin play in 2024.

A: Hollywood Shock | Hollywood, FL

hollywood_shock.png
Credit: Low on OOTP Forum

The Hollywood Shock rounds out the city specific minor league affiliate teams for the Nashville Stars' franchise. The A affiliate Hollywood organization will participate in the Florida State League along with Portland's A affiliate, the Hialeah Wildcats. The Hollywood team will make their debut in 2023.

Also announced: Nashville will have a Florida Complex League team as well as two Dominican Rookie League teams. The only variation in the team names is that the Nashville Florida Complex League will be known as the Nashville (FCL) Stars. The Dominican Rookie League teams will be known as the Nashville (DRL) Stars and the Nashville (DRL) Stripes. All three Rookie league teams will use the Nashville Stars main logo and colors. And all three of these Rookie League teams will debut in 2023.

Last edited by orlegend0208; 04-02-2023 at 10:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »