Home

WWE 2k16 Attributes Thread

This is a discussion on WWE 2k16 Attributes Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-27-2015, 01:31 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
WWE 2k16 Attributes Thread

Was there a formula used? No.
How was it done? That's a long story. There were a lot of factors behind the ratings.

I watched the wrestlers on TV and how the CHARACTER performed (not the person).
Then, each wrestler was ranked according to event status (upper, middle, lower).
Each "event status" wrestler was compared against the other wrestlers in his "event status" for each attribute. This way, when two of the same status wrestle, you get a decent match.
The rating is determined based on how they would do in the ring, and how the outcome would probably be on TV (hence the high ratings for Cena, Brock, Undertaker, etc....and the extreme lows for Santino and Ryder).
They are then rated against the other status wrestlers to be sure there won't be any oddities.

As I play the game, I will perform more tests. Any changes will be notified in the excel file with color on that change.

The other tabs contain other useful information as well.

Simple as that.

Test away and let me know how this plays out.

Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Queenie.paula DIVA Re-ratings:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6l...kzLXRLVlU/view

Check out VTCRB's re-rates as well:
http://theeditorscorner.com/forum/forum-225.html

UPDATE: Version 8 is now up. All changes are represented by colored cells.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WWE 2K16 Attribute Changes v8.zip (46.7 KB, 343 views)

Last edited by Steven547; 04-01-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2k16 Attributes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
You guessed it. Attributes thread! I noticed a few different attributes this year. Definitely going to test things out before tackling the attribute re-ratings. Post suggestions or attribute changes here!
HALLELUJAH
Can't wait for it, I think straight away strength attribute changes are needed, as I saw a match between Kane and Bryan where Bryan did a tilt a whirl backbreaker
Old 10-27-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm going to be making roster re-rates similar to what I did for WWE 2K14 this year. I've got a first-pass draft of the entire in-game default roster completed, but I need to account for weight class maximums before I feel comfortable posting them (I should be done with that today, I think).

For those unaware, the new ratings categories this year are:

- Pin Escape (affects difficulty of kick-out mini-game)
- Reversal (affects maximum number of reversals)
- Chain Wrestling Speed (presumably affects rate of meter fill in chain wrestling situations, not 100% sure)
Old 10-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm going to be making roster re-rates similar to what I did for WWE 2K14 this year. I've got a first-pass draft of the entire in-game default roster completed, but I need to account for weight class maximums before I feel comfortable posting them (I should be done with that today, I think).

For those unaware, the new ratings categories this year are:

- Pin Escape (affects difficulty of kick-out mini-game)
- Reversal (affects maximum number of reversals)
- Chain Wrestling Speed (presumably affects rate of meter fill in chain wrestling situations, not 100% sure)
I might use the ratings I did for 2k15 and just add on the additional ratings from this year. They worked good for me last year, so I figured why change what was working. The addition of the "Pin Escape" should be a big boost to wrestler separation. The Santino's will have a low Pin Escape. I hope this rating also affects CPU controlled players.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I might use the ratings I did for 2k15 and just add on the additional ratings from this year. They worked good for me last year, so I figured why change what was working. The addition of the "Pin Escape" should be a big boost to wrestler separation. The Santino's will have a low Pin Escape. I hope this rating also affects CPU controlled players.
I don't know what you're talking about, santino is the best wrestler in history
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #6
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Going to use the same sliders too?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #7
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Also have u tested to see if the pin escape attribute works for cpu? I have yet to win a match on the first finisher cuz they always kick out and that's with finisher strength slider all the way up.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #8
MVP

Yea...it's going to be a long research project! I'm using Santino as my test subject. I put his Arm Power at 1 and Leg Power at 8 to see if the drastic change matters.

Other stats for Santino:
Pin Escape 40
Reversal 10
Strike and Grapple Reversal 10

I was Steve Austin playing against Santino.

Santino kept reversing moves, even though his rating was low. Also, he kicked out of a few pin attempts even though his bar was red and about 1/4 left (which it stopped going down after that??)

Also, with his arm and leg power low, he still delivered heavy hits. I watched my guys health bar go down each time he was hit. Made no sense to have a 1 for arm power and such powerful hits. Not sure if 2k has messed this up or not, but little concerned.

Anyone else experience this?

Update: CPU vs CPU match. Cena vs Santino.
First match went 4 mins with Cena winning.
2nd match took Cena 10 mins to beat Santino. Even with a low Pin Escape, low arm / leg power ratings...match still went 10 mins.

I'm lost. I have no idea what is happening.

Last edited by Steven547; 10-27-2015 at 07:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »