Home

HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K24 Project

This is a discussion on HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K24 Project within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-08-2024, 07:35 AM   #177
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K24 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
When you say you use jobbers, who are you assigning these jobber traits to?

Just random made up CAWs? Or are they specific CAW wrestlers from the time period?
The overalls essentially match up to their "card level" so anyone in the 30's to maybe even 40's would be a "jobber". Carmella for example. You can also make CAW jobbers too if you want but that's what he means.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-08-2024, 06:25 PM   #178
MVP

OVR: 10

Jobbers/Fillers have a low overall, less than 45. I'll out the CARD levels back on the sheet for the next update, but here is a general explanation of how I designed the attributes and Tendencies to work against a MAIN EVENTER.

JOBBER/VALET/MANAGER - 1 out of 10 towards MAIN. Usually a squash match.

FILL - 2 out 10 towards MAIN. Same as above, mostly. Occasionally will see some near-falls and fluke victories.

MID - 3 out of 10 towards MAIN. Will be a decent match, but you'll get the feeling that the MID is fighting an uphill battle.

UPPER - 4 out of 10 towards MAIN. Pretty even match, but the MAIN had that little "extra" that puts them over the top (usually RESLIANCY)

MAIN v MAIN: 50/50 - May the best man/woman win
Old 05-09-2024, 11:53 AM   #179
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusaleen1
what other tweaks did you do other than legend? Thanks
Hey man sorry for the late response, but for the most part I’m keeping everything that hype has given us the same. I use all his roster rating/ai attribute revisions for all of the superstars I use in my universe as well as most of his slider set. The only thing I really had to tweak on Legend was Finisher/Signature strength as jobbers kicking out at 2.5 when being put in finishing moves by main eventers was a common occurrence. Since I’ve tweaked those sliders it’s stopped happening. I also use hypes match settings as well for singles, tag, etc.

All in all if it’s a standard Raw/Nitro type of match it usually lasts about 7-8 minutes which is perfect. I still do get squash matches on legend, for instance if Goldberg is going up against let’s say Mortis on average that match will last about 2-3 minutes tops. Two Main Card superstars going at it with the normal (TV) match settings usually run around 10-12 minutes…with the ppv settings I’ve seen matches last over 20 minutes with constant back and forths and incredible spot finishes….yeah 98% of this is with Hype’s settings so I can’t stress enough what an amazing job he’s done with all of this..salute to that man lol🫡
Old 05-09-2024, 04:11 PM   #180
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1990
Hey man sorry for the late response, but for the most part I’m keeping everything that hype has given us the same. I use all his roster rating/ai attribute revisions for all of the superstars I use in my universe as well as most of his slider set. The only thing I really had to tweak on Legend was Finisher/Signature strength as jobbers kicking out at 2.5 when being put in finishing moves by main eventers was a common occurrence.

So now might be a good time to ask for clarification on this again...

My current understanding of the Fin/Sig attribute value was that it merely meant how fast/slow the meter for those fills during a match.

However, you mention it as a value that is tied to strength/effectiveness, or whatever word you'd like to use.

Cam anyone weigh in on this?
Old 05-09-2024, 08:09 PM   #181
Just started!

To those who said they would never painstakingly edit attributes. I've edited the entire WWE roster three times with each evolution. Before each matchup in Universe, I cross reference Hype/DC's spreadsheet to make sure I have the latest edition of all participants. I've created superstar specific spreadsheets, allowing side by side attribute/AI comparisons. A marvelous advancement for card building. Win/Loss, match length and +/- records go as far back as 2k19. Any timetable for the AEW release, Hype?

1. Hype/DC
2. WWE2k24
3. Oxygen

Last edited by FawnDuckToe; 05-09-2024 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2024, 09:46 PM   #182
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
So now might be a good time to ask for clarification on this again...

My current understanding of the Fin/Sig attribute value was that it merely meant how fast/slow the meter for those fills during a match.

However, you mention it as a value that is tied to strength/effectiveness, or whatever word you'd like to use.

Cam anyone weigh in on this?
Gladly man, so each superstar has a finisher and signature attribute tied to their overall rating. Those values affect how fast the meters fills for each match. Hype tends to lower this values for each superstar to led to longer matches I believe. Certain superstars (true to character) have a larger value i.e. Goldberg who rarely had matches which lasted over 5 minutes in WCW. More or less 4 to 5 power moves, spear, jackhammer, match over. This has been replicated by adjust the finisher/signature attribute for the superstars.

Within the gameplay slider menu however you have mini game settings (recent finisher/signature influence for player and AI) which affect the difficulty of the mini pin game after they’re executed. The higher these values, the more rare it is to see superstars kick out after being hit with them.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:16 AM   #183
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1990
Gladly man, so each superstar has a finisher and signature attribute tied to their overall rating. Those values affect how fast the meters fills for each match. Hype tends to lower this values for each superstar to led to longer matches I believe. Certain superstars (true to character) have a larger value i.e. Goldberg who rarely had matches which lasted over 5 minutes in WCW. More or less 4 to 5 power moves, spear, jackhammer, match over. This has been replicated by adjust the finisher/signature attribute for the superstars.

Within the gameplay slider menu however you have mini game settings (recent finisher/signature influence for player and AI) which affect the difficulty of the mini pin game after they’re executed. The higher these values, the more rare it is to see superstars kick out after being hit with them.

So you adjusted the pin mini-game settings to adjust for how hard the sig/finishers hit?
Got it, makes perfect sense!

Care to post a screen shot of the values you use? As someone who sims matches, but also plays a lot of 1p vs AI, I am still looking for the sweet spot for those values.
Old 05-11-2024, 08:16 PM   #184
Rookie

Benoit/Jericho match I put together messing around with your sliders. I admit I take control a few times, mostly just to herd the wrestlers back in the ring. But this has to be one of the best matches I've ever seen in a 2k game. Can't thank you enough for all your work.
https://youtu.be/qmOKZSCiELM

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »