Home

WWE 2K24 Impressions

This is a discussion on WWE 2K24 Impressions within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2024, 02:43 PM   #49
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: WWE 2K24 Impressions

Hope it’s okay to ask a question here - I’ve been out of the wrestling gaming world for a LONG time..

I grew up with the 90s-00s wrestling era and games. N64, PS2, XBOX, etc. The new games are beautiful and I think I understand I can effectively download rosters of legends through the in depth CAW feature.

The one thing I don’t know - is there a simplified controller scheme for casual pick up and play folks? Games today generally don’t seem as pick up and play friendly w the controls. I’d love to get back into a wrestling game but know I’ll get turned off w the limited time I have to play, if the learning curve is too steep with the controls and moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2024, 05:07 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Hope it’s okay to ask a question here - I’ve been out of the wrestling gaming world for a LONG time..

I grew up with the 90s-00s wrestling era and games. N64, PS2, XBOX, etc. The new games are beautiful and I think I understand I can effectively download rosters of legends through the in depth CAW feature.

The one thing I don’t know - is there a simplified controller scheme for casual pick up and play folks? Games today generally don’t seem as pick up and play friendly w the controls. I’d love to get back into a wrestling game but know I’ll get turned off w the limited time I have to play, if the learning curve is too steep with the controls and moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not bad at all. It's a pretty simple control scheme. If you want to learn EVERY move, well, it'll take some learning and practice, but you should be able to just pick it up and play.

There's a tutorial that will show you the moves and you can also learn by doing MyRise.

This isn't like the ECW game from 25 years ago where you have to do UP DOWN UP UP LEFT to do an elbow smash.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:56 PM   #51
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I don’t think I’ve had this much fun in a wrestling since WWE 14. I finished Showcase, well except for the bonus battle royal. Currently enjoying the Women’s MyRise. In a play now I did an ambulance match with Goldberg(me) vs Macho Man. It was so hilariously fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2024, 12:11 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Even though I'm not really a wrestling fan, wrestling games can be fun, so I picked this up. Having fun going through showcase so far.

Anybody else having online connection issues? When I first launch the game on my PS5, I get a connection error. I have to close the game and relaunch to get it to connect online. No issues with any other game, just WWE.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:23 PM   #53
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Even though I'm not really a wrestling fan, wrestling games can be fun, so I picked this up. Having fun going through showcase so far.

Anybody else having online connection issues? When I first launch the game on my PS5, I get a connection error. I have to close the game and relaunch to get it to connect online. No issues with any other game, just WWE.
Yeah their servers are crap. I haven't had the launch one you're talking about in 24 but had it a few times in 23. Community Creations can be fine one second and *** the next, and while I don't play these games online I know there are long-standing complaints about the connection from those that do.

I think it's possible to get some good sessions in but it's not consistent at all.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:44 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 3

Is anyone else having problems when trying to edit custom superstars? I can’t even get the character screen to come up anymore. The screen is just blank. Then the game needs to be closed out and restarted.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:03 AM   #55
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
Is anyone else having problems when trying to edit custom superstars? I can’t even get the character screen to come up anymore. The screen is just blank. Then the game needs to be closed out and restarted.
What system are you on? That's all I've been doing the last 2 days without an issue.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2024, 08:30 AM   #56
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I don’t normally purchase this early in-cycle, so how frequent do patches come out? I know one came out almost 2 weeks ago. Hoping a patch to address manager behavior is dropping any day now but maybe I should temper expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »