Home

WWE 2K24 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K24 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-12-2024, 11:04 PM   #17
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: WWE 2K24 Universe Mode

Just set up my universe and rosters. Trying to plan out how to start since there are 3 PPVS in the first month including one the very first week. Doesn't really give me time to ramp things up and set up rivalries. How are you guys handling this first month?
Old 03-13-2024, 11:14 AM   #18
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
WWE 2K24 Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Just set up my universe and rosters. Trying to plan out how to start since there are 3 PPVS in the first month including one the very first week. Doesn't really give me time to ramp things up and set up rivalries. How are you guys handling this first month?

Here’s how I’m personally handling my universe for this year and the first weeks in particular.

Shows
RAW - 60 Participants - 4 Matches - Monday
— RAW will be a storyline show. There will be 3 storylines minimum played out each show with the updated action system. Storylines can and will overlap from week to week.

NXT - 35 Participants - 3 Matches - Tuesday
— This will be a strictly developmental show. No storylines, just wrestling.

AEW Dynamite - 45 Participants - 4 Matches - Wednesday
— Storyline show as well. 2-4 storylines per show. Again storylines will overlap from week to week.

AEW Rampage - 45 Participants - 3 Matches - Thursday
— No storylines, just action. Featuring some of the wrestlers less involved in storylines.

Smack Down - 50 Participants - 4 Matches - Friday
— Another storyline show. There will be 3 storylines minimum played out each show with the updated action system. Storylines can and will overlap from week to week.

PLE/PPV
WWE Normal PLE - 6 Matches - 6 storylines from RAW and Smack Down

WWE Premium PLE - 8 Matches - 6 Storylines from RAW and SD - 2 special matches with either celebrities, WWE hall of famers, or top stars not involved in storylines.

WrestleMania - 12 Matches - 6 storylines from RAW and SD - 6 special matches with celebrities, WWE hall of famers, and top stars not involved in storylines.

AEW Normal PPV - 6 matches - At least 3 storyline matches.

AEW Premium PPV - 8 matches - At least 4 storyline matches.

NXT PLE - 4 Matches

Week 1
RAW - 4 matches - 3 Storyline matches

Match 1 - Women’s tag title match - Katana Chance & Kayden Carter (c) vs Piper Nevin & Chelsea Green
Nevin & Green run in and attack Chance & Carter during their walk out, doing so allows them to start the match off with the upper hand. Chance & Carter still won the match. They will be facing off at Backlash on Sunday in a ladder match for the tag title.

Match 2 - Men’s triple threat - Ricochet, Zayn, Stroman
Winner will be given the opportunity to fight Gunther for the Intercontinental championship at Backlash. Braun Stroman was the winner.

Match 3 - Becky Lynch vs Carmella
While sitting ringside, the current women’s WWE champ, Rhea Ripley, see’s Lynch start to take control of the match. Ripley decides to step in and absolutely blindside Lynch. The ref ends the match in a draw and with Lynch left face down on the mat after Ripley had her way with her. Now they’re set to face off at Backlash for the WWE Women’s World championship in a NO DQ match.

Match 4 - Cody Rhodes with Seth Rollins vs Xavier Woods
Cody Rhodes being cheered on by his best friend from ringside, Seth Rollins, is able to get the easy win over Woods after Rollins distracts him from the apron. After Cody wins, Seth comes into the ring to celebrate with him. Just when Cody let’s his guard down, Seth hits him with a low blow and Cody crumbles to the mat. Seth rolls out of the ring, walking up the ramp with the most maniacal laugh you’ve ever seen.
They’re now set to face off at Backlash for the WWE Heavyweight championship.

Most of these storylines would have been built up for a few shows prior to these big moments. Since Backlash is this Sunday I decided to just go right to the big moment this week and then we will really get our teeth into some longer rivalries starting next week. You may see some of the same rivalries at Night of Champions but by the time MITB comes we will have a whole new set of storylines to chose from.

Anyone interested in seeing how this all goes down I’ll be streaming it on twitch.
twitch.tv/tc020791
Old 03-13-2024, 03:50 PM   #19
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Just ran the first few shows of my Universe mode over the last couple of days. Raw & Smackdown have the current roster and Main Event is my Thursday show that has just legends.

Main roster PLEs are on 4th Sunday every month. Legend PLEs are on the 3rd Sunday of every month. There is not women's division or NXT. I keep the rosters small so that I can cycle in/out with new/returning talent at all times. Raw has 24 people on the roster, Smackdown has 29 & Legends Main Event has 34.

I play the matches, I don't do any AI vs AI watching - it's just not for me. I pick who I want to win and control them. Good thing for me is that I'm not great at the game, so I play on "hard" difficulty and still get a challenge from it.

I kicked off the debut Legends Main Event show with Macho Man x Bret Hart. I controlled Savage, but Bret got me in the sharp-shooter and finished it pretty quick once he locked it in.

Other highlights from that show include Mankind x Eddie Guerrero. Very nice back and forth match, both guys got their offense in, but Eddie hit two Frog-Splashes to win and then attacked Mankind after the match. The main event of the evening was 'Taker x Yokozuna. This was not even close. I controlled 'Taker and absolutely dominated Yokozuna. It wasn't a squash, but 'Taker was never in any real trouble.

I'm also using the "bad VHS" filter for the legends show. Looks great on my monitor, but screenshots don't do it justice.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:51 AM   #20
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

There’s two small things that I wish they would add to Universe. The ability to have a wrestler vie for two titles at the same time and instead of having to name a champion before you start have the ability to have a tournament to crown a champion. This would be huge for me.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:35 PM   #21
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Asia Championship Wrestling

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo