Home

Has Weight Detection been addressed in WWE 2K23?

This is a discussion on Has Weight Detection been addressed in WWE 2K23? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-21-2023, 02:13 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Has Weight Detection been addressed in WWE 2K23?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
I never said or tried to say that this game is bad. Not at all, huge steps forward since last Year!

But if you can bring down Omos, Andre The Giant, Big Show with a snapmare using Angel Garza or an heavyweight... There's something wrong.

Anyway I understand that it would be probably too difficult to balance online matches with a "real life simulation" weight detenction
I never implied you said the game was bad. I also get there's legitimately to your complaint. I personally just don't take much stock to the idea of realism or simulation to a sport that scripts everything out. I mean, I guess my point is, if it wrestling was a real competition between two people, 80% of the things we see would never happen.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2023, 08:03 AM   #18
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
I never said or tried to say that this game is bad. Not at all, huge steps forward since last Year!
But if you can bring down Omos, Andre The Giant, Big Show with a snapmare using Angel Garza or an heavyweight... There's something wrong.
Anyway I understand that it would be probably too difficult to balance online matches with a "real life simulation" weight detenction
Those people would adjust, they would just have no choice but to.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:20 PM   #19
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
I never implied you said the game was bad. I also get there's legitimately to your complaint. I personally just don't take much stock to the idea of realism or simulation to a sport that scripts everything out. I mean, I guess my point is, if it wrestling was a real competition between two people, 80% of the things we see would never happen.

This is where I'm at. For more variety I'd like them to keep adding animations for strikes that'll just stagger or not even effect a bigger wrestler but I'm good with weight detection being what it is.

Do you just go with the old SDvsRaw style where you couldn't lift anyone two weight classes above you? What role would stamina play? Or do you weigh it more vs opponent's health/damage meter? Could a smaller guy simply pull off all those moves if they built their momentum? How much do we consider that Angel Garza absolutely couldn't take down Omos with a snapmare in real life, but he could in a wrestling match if that's what was scripted for them?

I'm not opposed to them adding some of it in if they could do it in a way that didn't kill the flow of a match but it's also an area that'll never be exact and has decent odds of them overthinking it and just ****ing up the fun.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:38 PM   #20
Rookie

The only game that addressed WEIGHT correctly, in my opinion, were the older WrestleMania and No Mercy games.

The had an animation that showed the attempt to lift, but failing.

Currently, they have failed moves replaced by a light grapple/attack; so you never really get the sense of a failed attempt.

Just how I see it.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:25 PM   #21
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

If I recall correctly, the old AKI games didn't have it correct either.

You could do quick throwing moves like Flying Mares on Giants as well.

I have never played a game that TRULY did it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2023, 05:52 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
If I recall correctly, the old AKI games didn't have it correct either.

You could do quick throwing moves like Flying Mares on Giants as well.

I have never played a game that TRULY did it right.
They certainly didn't, but I never cared. The game was fun, and WWE2K plays a lot like they did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »