Home

AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread

This is a discussion on AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2022, 10:53 PM   #2913

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AEW Dynamite Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Hot shot booking, a locker room (seemingly) in disarray and a clear "power struggle" amongst the talent will do that.

Crazy how they were on such a high with momentum last year, but one year later they haven't reached anywhere near the levels I thought they could.

Unfortunately, I doubt anything changes and the "hive mind" of the wrestling audience will say that they're doing "just fine."

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
I think it was pretty clear relatively quickly after Punk debuted that they were never going to blow up and start getting 1.5-2M viewers a week. All this recent drama is just silly **** that I don't think really matters.

AEW has gotten better in the past year at producing TV every week from a technical standpoint, but as a result of that slickness there's a formulaic sameness that doesn't really separate it from WWE enough.

But the fact that Rampage dies a viewership death every Friday is a bad sign too, even though it has a bad timeslot. If the AEW product overall was hot that wouldn't be happening. Meanwhile Raw and Smackdown are taking advantage of summer time with less competition and improving their ratings.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:05 PM   #2914
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I think it was pretty clear relatively quickly after Punk debuted that they were never going to blow up and start getting 1.5-2M viewers a week. All this recent drama is just silly **** that I don't think really matters.

AEW has gotten better in the past year at producing TV every week from a technical standpoint, but as a result of that slickness there's a formulaic sameness that doesn't really separate it from WWE enough.

But the fact that Rampage dies a viewership death every Friday is a bad sign too, even though it has a bad timeslot. If the AEW product overall was hot that wouldn't be happening. Meanwhile Raw and Smackdown are taking advantage of summer time with less competition and improving their ratings.
Why mention WWE, though?

My statement has no barring on them and what they are currently doing. Yes, you are right WWE are taking advantage of no NFL and a regime change, right now, but a lot of the problems with AEW are internal.

I definitely think they could've grown their audience by a wider audience by now, but are clearly not interested in that it seems. Whether they were being sycophants or giving their honest opinion I don't know, yet even the AEW talent was singing the company's praises and talking like a big ground swell of support was imminent.

They better hope the slow and steady approach doesn't bite them in the *** with how Discovery is gutting Warner Bros. properties.

And the production of both companies are like night and day. AEW still has a lot of work to do with camera work and not exposing when certain things (blading for example) are happening.

This video pretty much summarizes my thoughts:
https://youtu.be/cgZhwOlTwlM

I'll leave now, let people enjoy what they like, hope that AEW can really find another big momentum boost and capitalizes on it next time.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-27-2022 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:48 PM   #2915

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Why mention WWE, though?

Because they are the standard for commercially successful pro wrestling TV programming. AEW more and more feel like they are directly following in their footsteps, when there was a time that I thought they might chart their own path. There's also word that Discovery wants them to tone down the language. I still prefer AEW's production, but that could change if they become as patterned as WWE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2022, 08:38 PM   #2916
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

So let me see... AEW World Title Unification on FREE TV. Now the Trios Title Finals is taking place on Wednesday opposed to All Out? Why is AEW obsessed with TV Ratings during a time in which they really don't matter anymore. Stop putting your big title matches on free TV.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:00 PM   #2917
All Star

Maybe because at $50 they know there PPV’s are still being avoided by a good chunk of fans. So they want to drive their product through free tv a lot because they know that’s where the eyeballs are 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-30-2022, 01:04 PM   #2918
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
So let me see... AEW World Title Unification on FREE TV. Now the Trios Title Finals is taking place on Wednesday opposed to All Out? Why is AEW obsessed with TV Ratings during a time in which they really don't matter anymore. Stop putting your big title matches on free TV.
No...the semifinals are this week on Dynamite and Rampage.

The finals are this Sunday on PPV.

EDIT: Now I'm seeing two tweets labeling it as the final...but it's supposed to be the semi-finals. I'm not seeing any tweets that are canceling the other half of the bracket. This wouldn't be the first time their social media person has done stupid things like this.

EDIT: Now I see what they have done. They have labeled it as the 'Dynamite Final' and the semi-final match on Rampage is the 'Rampage Final'.

Last edited by jasontoddwhitt; 08-30-2022 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:19 PM   #2919

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
EDIT: Now I see what they have done. They have labeled it as the 'Dynamite Final' and the semi-final match on Rampage is the 'Rampage Final'.
Yep that has confused me multiple times. And the fact that I completely ignore Rampage doesn't help me.
Old 08-30-2022, 03:07 PM   #2920
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
No...the semifinals are this week on Dynamite and Rampage.

The finals are this Sunday on PPV.

EDIT: Now I'm seeing two tweets labeling it as the final...but it's supposed to be the semi-finals. I'm not seeing any tweets that are canceling the other half of the bracket. This wouldn't be the first time their social media person has done stupid things like this.

Oh ok, I get it now. I just see Osprey/Aussie Open vs The Elite and I think... how is that not your finals to determine who wins the Championships at the PPV?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »