Home

WWE Network Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Network Discussion Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #17
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: WWE's Big Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
Yeah, I'd gladly pay $10-15 a month for a Netflix style video archive with live PPVs included as long as I have a way to watch it on the tv instead of the computer.
my netflix would then get cancelled. LOL. amazon prime streaming will be just fine along with a WWE subscription.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #18
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5

itll be that they bought TNA! lol
Old 01-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #19
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega412930
itll be that they bought TNA! lol
i.

will.

be.

pissed.

LOL!

i want access to all the old PPV's, shows, etc from when i was a kid dang it! i dont care about that retirement home LOL.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #20
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22

I doubt live ppv's will be included in a subscription that is only 10-15 bucks a month. The McMahon's are smart business people. 3-6 month old ppvs yeah but not new ones. I read that their contract with NBC expires sometime in Feb so I wonder if this will have some sort of tie in with the network.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #21
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Nice
I doubt live ppv's will be included in a subscription that is only 10-15 bucks a month. The McMahon's are smart business people. 3-6 month old ppvs yeah but not new ones. I read that their contract with NBC expires sometime in Feb so I wonder if this will have some sort of tie in with the network.
Why wouldn't live PPVs be offered on the Network? None of this is going to replace the current models at this point, but it makes sense to offer up another revenue stream to supplement the existing, especially one that WWE wouldn't have to split profits with the cable providers on. Offer "free" PPVs (with the sub) and it looks like added value for the $10-$12 a month in addition to the back catalog they'll obviously offer. Probably get a decent amount of people who would otherwise be finding illegal streams for shows locked in too.

I wouldn't expect any of the PPVs or TV shows to go Network exclusive, (as it would be stupid to limit those revenue options) but to act as another way to view these things? Seems like the smartest option.

I'm in on the Network already, barring some insane pricing. I've been paying $8 for Classics on Demand, so bumping to $10-$12 for what's rumored is a no-brainer to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #22
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Nice
I thought they took that down? I haven't looked lately to see if it was or not, I found it not worth the money when I had it.
It's discontinued after this month or next according to Comcast.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #23
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
It's discontinued after this month or next according to Comcast.
End of January, I believe.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #24
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Why wouldn't live PPVs be offered on the Network? None of this is going to replace the current models at this point, but it makes sense to offer up another revenue stream to supplement the existing, especially one that WWE wouldn't have to split profits with the cable providers on. Offer "free" PPVs (with the sub) and it looks like added value for the $10-$12 a month in addition to the back catalog they'll obviously offer. Probably get a decent amount of people who would otherwise be finding illegal streams for shows locked in too.

I wouldn't expect any of the PPVs or TV shows to go Network exclusive, (as it would be stupid to limit those revenue options) but to act as another way to view these things? Seems like the smartest option.

I'm in on the Network already, barring some insane pricing. I've been paying $8 for Classics on Demand, so bumping to $10-$12 for what's rumored is a no-brainer to me.
I could see it if they decide for NXT to have PPV's but I guess I just don't seem them using PPV's as part of the network. To me it just doesn't make sense. Yeah they have to split the revenue with cable providers but they also make more money than just including a ppv with a feature at a cost of only 10-15 bucks a month. Why do it when you could just have a historical archive, some original programming and some podcasts which is worth about 10-15 a month. Ur term free ppv I am kinda confused on I guess I mean the WWE isn't TNA.

I am excited to see what the WWE Network will be. Everything is just rumor,gossip and opinions. Least we have only 8 hours to go!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »