Home

Old 01-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #881
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Why is this the first time I've heard of this?
I knew everything except giving his money to those families. I do know that he is definitely not your average Hollywood type. So it doesn't surprise me at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #882

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

I got to read "The Death of WCW, also:

Quote:
Terry Funk and Chris Candido ended up having a match that saw them end up in a horse stable. Terry Funk was almost killed when a horse bucked him. Funk shouted "You ****ing horse!!! I'll kick your ***!!
I forgot about this :

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #883
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

If you're too lazy to watch the vid:

Quote:
Wrestle Talk TV is featuring an interview outtake online with WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart where he speaks very candidly about Triple H and his thoughts on his career. Below is a few quotes of what Hart had to say along with the clip.

"I have a certain amount of respect for Triple H. I remember when he first came in I remember complimenting him on stuff he did. I remember when Paul first came in and you do a lot of really nice stuff out there. Triple H was always a good wrestler. But great? What is he, a 1,000 time World Champion now? How great really is he? I look at Punk, I can look at certain wrestlers and say this guy is an innovator like a Rey Mysterio - who can come up/done stuff that nobody ever thought of before. Punk has done stuff - really unique moves and you go geez, I've never seen anything like that before. Then you look at someone like Triple H. When I look at him, he's always had a good look as far as his body went. He's always had a muscular physique. But you look at somebody like Hunter and you ask what has he ever really...done? What's a move he created nobody ever saw before? He's mostly a guy that showed up and they (WWE) made him.

He's always been a decent wrestler. I would consider him a pretty good wrestler and pretty talented. But great? I don't know. I don't think so. And if he's running the show, what has he ever done that's great? He's never had a great match I don't think ever. Whenever I look at Triple H's matches, including the last one he had with Undertaker, I don't mean it as a knock, I told myself before I watched it because I'm trying to like Paul now these days (smiles), I said I want him to do something to make me think yeah, he's got greatness in him. I remember watching it and going, I can picture the whole match in my head, I can tell you exactly what this match is going to be like and how it is going to go. I remember watching it and it was exactly like I predicted. I thought it was mediocre at best. Maybe a 4 out of 10 or 3 out of 10. Whereas guys like Punk go out there, I say impress me and they do. It's unique and fresh.

I think Paul is a little overrated."
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #884
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

He went out of his way to super shoot on H there.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #885
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Bret screwed Bret......again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #886
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Bret is nuts. There have been plenty of incredible matches and feuds involving Triple H.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 AM   #887
Rookie

kjtrippe's Arena

OVR: 0

Honestly, where would Triple H be without Stephanie? Although, I'm not fully agreeing with Bret though.

Last edited by kjtrippe; 02-01-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:56 AM   #888

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Bret screwed Bret......again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Bret is nuts. There have been plenty of incredible matches and feuds involving Triple H.
Bret just being old and bitter as most older retiree wrestlers are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjtrippe
Honestly, where would Triple J be without Stephanie? Although, I'm not fully agreeing with Bret though.
That is a BS misconception, only people I've heard say that are people who have a ax to grind with the KLIQ or the McMahon family *Looks at Cornette*

HHH was getting pushed and was over before the McMahon-Helmsley era. Only time I say that being married to the boss's daughter helped was the time he was champion in 02-03.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »