Home

"Wrestlings worst moment ever"

This is a discussion on "Wrestlings worst moment ever" within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #25
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: "Wrestlings worst moment ever"

After I stopped watching during the Invasion, one random day I said to myself, "I'm gonna watch Raw." Same night, the Katie Vick angle started. I don't wanna say I was disgusted, but it was defenitly the dumbest thing I had ever seen in wrestling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2008, 05:43 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

to me these are the worst moments in wrestling

1. Vince's 'death" angle. Vince fakes his own death then 2-3 weeks later sherry martel passes away and chris benoit murder/suicide and vince ends up scrapping the angle that to me never should've happen.

2. mae young/mark henry "pregnant" angle just seeing those two together made me puke, then when mae young gave "birth" to a freakin hand it to me make me wonder why in the hell they kept bring her back again and again.

3. Arquette wins WCW Heavyweight Title. by then the wcw title was just as worthless and the company was almost done so im pretty sure they just ended up saying "hey lets put the title on arquette and see if that will bring ratings" not only did david's win tarnish wcw and the wcw title, the movie bombed.

4. eddie guerrero passes away. one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, finally wins a world title, someone who lies cheats and steals. brings tears to my eyes because he was someone who overcame so much and turned every negative into a postive and someone who should still be here today.

5. owen hart dies. pain of owen's death still hurts everyone to this day, and brings nightmares to all who were in attendance that night in Kansas city.

i could go on and on, but it would take a long time to come up with more
Old 03-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Someone mentioned Katie Vick UGH. That was pretty bad but how bout something else that was pretty bad in taste and in performance. The lead up to the whole McMahons vs. Michaels/God thing. I remember watching a segment with Vince and Shane in church and Vince is ranting and raving with terribly offensive dialogue. You could see Shane wasn't really comfortable with it and even though a good portion of wrestling fans aren't particularly religious I bet it gave bad vibes to them.

BTW I wasn't watching much wrestling then so what exactly happened with that angle?
You know, they blew a good opportunity at that PPV/RAW when they had Michaels and his partner "God". Instead of a light pointed to nothing "walking to the ring", they should have had Bradshaw come out and it could have been a worse handicap match, a 3-1.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

Reading this thread makes me realize that there really IS a 3 month rule and I'M a SUCKER for it. I'd totally erased Katie Vick and "God" from my memory....

Owen Hart and Guerrero would be among "saddest" moments...
Old 03-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #29
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBoyd21

4. eddie guerrero passes away. one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, finally wins a world title, someone who lies cheats and steals. brings tears to my eyes because he was someone who overcame so much and turned every negative into a postive and someone who should still be here today.
You know what? It's still sad for other reasons. They played up the "we gotta do this for Eddie" crap with Rey Mysterio and to a lesser extent Chavo and now you have Vicki Guerrero involved and Eddie's name comes up every once in a while. Vicki wouldn't be near a wrestling ring if it wasn't for Eddie's death but now whether she wanted to or not she's now involved in WWE. I thought the Guerrero family was just getting some grievance money and such. I didn't think i'd see her on WWE TV like this.

I don't think Eddie would've liked that too much.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
You know what? It's still sad for other reasons. They played up the "we gotta do this for Eddie" crap with Rey Mysterio and to a lesser extent Chavo and now you have Vicki Guerrero involved and Eddie's name comes up every once in a while. Vicki wouldn't be near a wrestling ring if it wasn't for Eddie's death but now whether she wanted to or not she's now involved in WWE. I thought the Guerrero family was just getting some grievance money and such. I didn't think i'd see her on WWE TV like this.

Yeah,did she threaten to file a lawsuit or something? Because she started getting major airtime right out of the blue.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #31
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

I personally think Eddie would have loved seeing her do this. His whole life has been wrestling, he's done stupid family gimmicks with Rey and Dominick. I'd guess that Eddie would be happy with Vickie doing all this for the family.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #32
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I personally think Eddie would have loved seeing her do this. His whole life has been wrestling, he's done stupid family gimmicks with Rey and Dominick. I'd guess that Eddie would be happy with Vickie doing all this for the family.
You're probably right but after he's dead?!

I dunno, it just creeps me out a little bit.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »