Home

WWE Royal Rumble 1/27/24

This is a discussion on WWE Royal Rumble 1/27/24 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2024, 09:46 AM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
WWE Royal Rumble 1/27/24

Mens Royal Rumble

Womens Royal Rumble

WWE Undisputed Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. LA Knight vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles

United States Championship
Logan Paul (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Last edited by Majingir; 01-20-2024 at 12:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2024, 09:50 AM   #2

Majingir's Arena

Re: WWE Royal Rumble 1/27/24

It's January which means Rumble season!

Any picks for winners?

Cody has to be the obvious fave for the men's Rumble. The most I could see is a possible tie between Cody and Punk but even then I just see an Elimination Chamber match being the thing which decides Rollins opponent (which will be Punk).

Womens Rumble is more up in the air. Does Becky win to challenge Rhea at WM? Nobody else I could see really winning and challenging her. Or does Bayley win on SD and we see the reverse Evolution breakup (instead of Bayley choosing between the Raw and SD contract, we see Damage CTRL turn on her before she turns on them and make up her mind for her).
Old 01-01-2024, 05:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Going with Punk winning the Men's Rumble and facing Rollins at WM to headline the first night. Rhodes wins the Elimination Chamber in February to face Reigns at WM to headline the second night.

Women's Rumble, I would have picked Charlotte but since she's out for about a year, I will go with Lynch. I can see Bayley winning the women's elimination chamber match in February and setting up the damage control feud.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:40 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Going with Punk winning the Men's Rumble and facing Rollins at WM to headline the first night. Rhodes wins the Elimination Chamber in February to face Reigns at WM to headline the second night.

Women's Rumble, I would have picked Charlotte but since she's out for about a year, I will go with Lynch. I can see Bayley winning the women's elimination chamber match in February and setting up the damage control feud.
SD would make more sense to have the chamber than Raw, especially with SD this week having Orton, Knight,AJ already in a triple threat to face Reigns.

Just makes more sense for Cody winning and jumping to SD (or appearing on both shows since he's the rumble winner and can choose who he faces) than just having him appear on SD just because, though that has never stopped WWE in most of the years they've ever done the brand split.

Raws chamber if Cody wins could be Punk vs Balor vs McIntyre vs Jey vs Zayn vs Nakamura

SD chamber if Punk wins could be Cody vs AJ vs Orton vs LA vs Lashley vs Owens

Raws chamber does sound better though
Old 01-06-2024, 04:56 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
SD would make more sense to have the chamber than Raw, especially with SD this week having Orton, Knight,AJ already in a triple threat to face Reigns.

Just makes more sense for Cody winning and jumping to SD (or appearing on both shows since he's the rumble winner and can choose who he faces) than just having him appear on SD just because, though that has never stopped WWE in most of the years they've ever done the brand split.

Raws chamber if Cody wins could be Punk vs Balor vs McIntyre vs Jey vs Zayn vs Nakamura

SD chamber if Punk wins could be Cody vs AJ vs Orton vs LA vs Lashley vs Owens

Raws chamber does sound better though

After Smackdown last night, WWE Smackdown title match is now set to be a four way with reigns defending against Knight/Orton/Styles. Raw title will probably be a rematch with Rollins and McIntyre.

I'm staying with Punk as the Men's Rumble winner and facing Rollins at WM while I just figured out who I can see win the Women's Rumble - Jade Cargill who then jumps to Raw and faces Ripley because who else is really there that would be an even match up?

Elimination Chamber can be Bayley winning and facing Iyo Sky at WM. We'll see if Rock shows up at the Rumble after Reigns retains to setup their WM match.

One thing I think won't happen and that's both men's world titles switching hands at WM. I see Punk winning and Reigns retaining at WM.

Those chamber matches you listed are good but a few I don't see being in the championship contender match - mainly Owens, Lashley, Nakamura and Zayn.

But we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2024, 12:02 AM   #6
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

It's not the exact date 10 years ago, misses it by a day but WWE can have Punk do what Edge did a few years ago.

Royal Rumble 2014 Jan 26th, 2014 - Last WWE Appearance

Royal Rumble 2024 Jan 27th, 2024 - Wins Men's Royal Rumble

Wrestlemania 30 - April 6th, 2014. Was supposed to face Triple H.

Wrestlemania 40 Night One: April 6th, 2024. Punk wins the WHC.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:11 AM   #7

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
It's not the exact date 10 years ago, misses it by a day but WWE can have Punk do what Edge did a few years ago.

Royal Rumble 2014 Jan 26th, 2014 - Last WWE Appearance

Royal Rumble 2024 Jan 27th, 2024 - Wins Men's Royal Rumble

Wrestlemania 30 - April 6th, 2014. Was supposed to face Triple H.

Wrestlemania 40 Night One: April 6th, 2024. Punk wins the WHC.
I really feel like we could have some sort of double win, but would be tough in today's world where people have videos from all diff angles and it'll be impossible to rehearse going over the top and landing at the exact same time.

Men's rumble I keep going back and forth on who I want or think will win.

Women's Rumble I'm going all in with my Bayley pick.
Old 01-19-2024, 09:29 AM   #8
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I really feel like we could have some sort of double win, but would be tough in today's world where people have videos from all diff angles and it'll be impossible to rehearse going over the top and landing at the exact same time.

Men's rumble I keep going back and forth on who I want or think will win.

Women's Rumble I'm going all in with my Bayley pick.

The Men's Rumble it feels like it's definitely either Cody or Punk, I'm leaning toward CM Punk with Cody getting to Roman via the Elimination Chamber. The Women's Rumble I'm really not sure about, think most people are going to say Becky or Bayley. Becky is similar to Cody where she can get to Rhea by winning the Chamber and doesn't need the Rumble win. For a while, I assumed Charlotte or Bianca would beat Iyo that would then lead to Charlotte vs Bianca for the title at Mania.

With Charlotte's injury, it really feels like anyone could win the Rumble. I'm just not sure if WWE wants the title involved in the Damage Ctrl split, Iyo could lose the title to Bianca then face Jade, who would win the Rumble. While Sasha and Naomi return to help Bayley in a 6 Woman Tag at Mania.

Or Asuka & Kairi win the Tag Titles, Bayley & Sasha face them for the titles, or Sasha & Naomi face them for the tag titles while Bayley faces Iyo for the championship. Jade is the real wild card in all of this, does WWE want to push her straight to the top with a Rumble win and title win at Mania?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »