Home

WWE Survivor Series 11/25/23

This is a discussion on WWE Survivor Series 11/25/23 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2023, 09:44 AM   #41

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Survivor Series 11/25/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
They'll be okay either way. They'll get the man child to behave or they'll cut him loose (again).

People behind the scenes in WWE aren't spineless, dorks that literally let talent crap all over them during a press conference.
That's what I'm hoping. WWE is structured a lot different than AEW. Not that they're drama free in any way, but WWE backstage I'd imagine is a lot stricter/tighter ship than AEW. And Punk knows if he screws up in WWE, that's it. He's done from the business and definitely kills his and probably his wife's chances of the HOF (which I think probably would mean way more for her than him).

Also helps that some of the people he clashed with in WWE aren't there anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I get this is all probably just sour grapes, trolling but does any of that matter except to the fanboys?

Does it matter that WWE did 'War Games' before AEW did 'Blood and Guts?' AEW should try to do a million viewers (again), and not get their roster gutted like Impact/TNA did (first).

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Honestly, just shows how influential and ahead of their time they were/are lol.

I was sitting their watching Triple H do a post-PPV media scrum (AEW did it first), listening to him talk about how excited he is to have CM Punk in the company (AEW did it first).
If anything, that's one of the things about having AEW around that I like. I don't want someone to "win" over the other. Both existing is fine, and both doing things that causes the other to change/reevaluate how they do things is also a win for the fans. Both companies could do things that the other looks at and sees as a good idea so they do it themselves. It helps the business as a whole with new and innovative things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2023, 09:54 AM   #42
All Star

OVR: 2

Death Blow seems overly strong haha. Now if that was MJF that walked out instead of Punk? Then you some cause for concern. Im gonna assume I’m not the only one in this boat…I like watching AEW from time to time but until they get a streaming deal and move away from $60 PPV’s I’ll never allow myself to get fully invested in their week to week product. Im simply never going to pay that and I don’t want get emotionally invested in feuds that I won’t get to see the pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2023, 09:57 AM   #43

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Death Blow seems overly strong haha. Now if that was MJF that walked out instead of Punk? Then you some cause for concern. Im gonna assume I’m not the only one in this boat…I like watching AEW from time to time but until they get a streaming deal and move away from $60 PPV’s I’ll never allow myself to get fully invested in their week to week product. Im simply never going to pay that and I don’t want get emotionally invested in feuds that I won’t get to see the pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Streaming deals instead of standalone PPV pricing, and a brand split would help AEW.

Collision and Rampage are clearly the B and C shows for them, but you also need to keep people invested in your roster. Hard to do when you don't see certain people regularly and don't know which show you might see someone because you're spreading things out all over the place.

Cody leaving AEW I think was one thing which really hurt them.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:13 PM   #44

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Cody leaving AEW I think was one thing which really hurt them.
From a creative standpoint, 1000% yes. That one bothered me. A huge loss.

But they are still very successfull and fine, despite what the Jim Cornettes of the world want to say/believe lol.
Old 11-26-2023, 01:56 PM   #45

Majingir's Arena

Some interesting comments from HHH at the post show press conference.

Really sounds like the CM Punk deal was put together last minute. All the rumors for weeks/months really were just rumors (or so he claims). It does make sense though if it's true since this entire show could've happened the exact same way with no Punk at the end and anyone not expecting him to show up wouldn't have had a problem with the show.

Feels more like a "if we can get a deal done we'll get a deal done and figure out the booking later" type of stuff. No info given on how long of a deal it was, which makes me feel like maybe it's only up to WM or something? Or just to WM with possibility of a longer deal if both sides want it?

HHH was flat out like "I'm a different person than I was 10 years ago, he's a different person than he was 10 years ago, the company is a different one than it was 10 years ago", so they're obviously hoping any issues from the past are in the past.

Also mentioning things like the Mysterio injury in the match vs Santos a few months back was legit. I thought maybe it was for the story (Santos accidentally hurting his friend/mentor), but obviously not.

And interesting line about Jade. Emphasizing her growth/development, but basically said when she tells them she's ready, she'll be ready. Sounds like the whole "bet on yourself" stuff. If she wants to be on the roster tomorrow she could be, but would that be best for her long term if she's at best an Omos or something where her size vs everyone else is really the only thing she'd bring to the table, or does she develop and become someone who could be an actual top talent beyond just having "the look".

Really does seem like Becky and Charlotte are making up in real life. Wonder what it leads to in the future. Don't know what it is on TV, but Charlotte at the press conference was way better than Charlotte on the mic on TV.

And random fact, but is this the first PLE/PPV that a Rhodes and Flair competed in Wargames? I think all the Dusty/Flair stuff were house shows/live events unless I'm missing something.

Cody at the end coming out to close the press conference, doing his best HHH impression and then being like "the EVP in me!"

Last edited by Majingir; 11-26-2023 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2023, 02:09 PM   #46
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Some interesting comments from HHH at the post show press conference.

Really sounds like the CM Punk deal was put together last minute. All the rumors for weeks/months really were just rumors (or so he claims). It does make sense though if it's true since this entire show could've happened the exact same way with no Punk at the end and anyone not expecting him to show up wouldn't have had a problem with the show.

Feels more like a "if we can get a deal done we'll get a deal done and figure out the booking later" type of stuff. No info given on how long of a deal it was, which makes me feel like maybe it's only up to WM or something? Or just to WM with possibility of a longer deal if both sides want it?

HHH was flat out like "I'm a different person than I was 10 years ago, he's a different person than he was 10 years ago, the company is a different one than it was 10 years ago", so they're obviously hoping any issues from the past are in the past.

Also mentioning things like the Mysterio injury in the match vs Santos a few months back was legit. I thought maybe it was for the story (Santos accidentally hurting his friend/mentor), but obviously not.

And interesting line about Jade. Emphasizing her growth/development, but basically said when she tells them she's ready, she'll be ready. Sounds like the whole "bet on yourself" stuff. If she wants to be on the roster tomorrow she could be, but would that be best for her long term if she's at best an Omos or something where her size vs everyone else is really the only thing she'd bring to the table, or does she develop and become someone who could be an actual top talent beyond just having "the look".
That guy who got roasted by Charlotte and Becky, I laughed so hard. Dude kept trying to rephrase his question but got worse every time. I'm like... dude just stop.
Old 11-26-2023, 02:25 PM   #47

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
That guy who got roasted by Charlotte and Becky, I laughed so hard. Dude kept trying to rephrase his question but got worse every time. I'm like... dude just stop.
He was prematurely trying to retire them,unintentionally calling them old, and then said they've been around for many years.

At least everyone could laugh about it. Not like he was trying to start something like some reporters do (more so in pro sports press conferences), he was just bad at phrasing the questions (he was simply trying to be like "when your era is done who from nxt do you think will shine as the stars of the next era", which they eventually did answer as Tiffany and Lyra).

Last edited by Majingir; 11-26-2023 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-26-2023, 05:36 PM   #48
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
He was prematurely trying to retire them,unintentionally calling them old, and then said they've been around for many years.

At least everyone could laugh about it. Not like he was trying to start something like some reporters do (more so in pro sports press conferences), he was just bad at phrasing the questions (he was simply trying to be like "when your era is done who from nxt do you think will shine as the stars of the next era", which they eventually did answer as Tiffany and Lyra).
It's crazy to think that they have been around that they are already seeing the next generation of women in NXT coming up. You can throw Bayley in there too but still doesn't feel they have been around for so long. The fact Charlotte said Tiffany and Becky said Lyra means WWE must have big plans for the both of them in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »