Home

WWE RAW & Smackdown Thread

This is a discussion on WWE RAW & Smackdown Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2022, 11:01 PM   #113
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: WWE RAW & Smackdown Thread

Main event was a real banger, in fact, Laashley and AJ was a banger, and the same with KO and Drew. Three in one show? I'll take it.

They are definitely all in on Theory. As they should be. He is a phenomenal talent.

The heat from the crowd after the match says it all.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-15-2022 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:04 AM   #114
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

“I don’t care if you’re a prizefighter, a sports entertainer, or a superstar. We’re wrestlers in a wrestling ring so let’s wrestle.” - Drew McIntyre 2022
Old 08-16-2022, 04:27 AM   #115
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2

RAW had some solid matches this week. I can't pick between the best three matches of the night as they were all good. McIntrye/Owens was solid and I loved the promo they had before the match. McIntrye just wow at his promo. That was a fiery promo he delivered and you can tell the difference when Vince isn't around as he said the words wrestle, wrestler and wrestling. The Lashley/Styles US Title match was good too and I loved how they tried to make the US Title seem important. I loved the post match stuff with Lumis invading the show and cutting to commercial. Theory/Ziggler was another great match as I had no clue who was going to win but of course, Ziggler's role is to make Theory look like a million bucks.

The women's stuff was fine this week. The opening promo was fine continuing the new feud between the six female wrestlers. Still hoping for Bliss to come after the RAW Women's Title someday though. Rollins promo was good too along with Riddle. They have built this feud good enough to make me want to see Riddle defeat Rollins. The 24/7 Title is still around? I forgot about it until Dana Brooke jobbed to Dakota Kai. From 205 Live to becoming a tag team, at least this gives Ali and Cedric Alexander something to do. Solid show this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 12:55 PM   #116
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Raw and Smackdown are becoming much more enjoyable. Still wish the broadcast director would step away from the switcher, but it is what it is.

Starting to see some grumbling on Twitter (shocker) that Triple H is focusing too much on wrestling and is booking these shows to grab the AEW crowd.

People just can’t be happy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2022, 12:58 PM   #117
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Raw and Smackdown are becoming much more enjoyable. Still wish the broadcast director would step away from the switcher, but it is what it is.

Starting to see some grumbling on Twitter (shocker) that Triple H is focusing too much on wrestling and is booking these shows to grab the AEW crowd.

I think it's less about trying to attract the "opposing" audience and more about booking to what he likes and thinks works.

I think they're doing a solid job of giving us more in - ring action and building up characters/storylines.

People have to give him time before they start complaining that he's creating RAW/Smackdown "Black and Gold," but that just isn't how the IWC/Twitter work.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 08-16-2022, 03:12 PM   #118
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

Most of what I've seen has been overwhelmingly positive. But you are always gonna have your outliers that are never happy. It's like that with anything. Some people just love being miserable. And then there are the AEW fans or stans, whatever the kids call it these days, who will hate anything WWE does because apparently you aren't allowed to like both.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:51 PM   #119
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

IMG_8991.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-16-2022, 06:10 PM   #120

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Still wish the broadcast director would step away from the switcher, but it is what it is.

That's one of the main things holding me back. Can't stand that visual style. Also I've stayed away from WWE for so long that I can't relate to what their crowds pop for anymore. Seeing 90 pound Alexa Bliss jump off of a 4 foot high plastic retaining barrier on to a group of 5 women (who each outweigh her by like 25-50 pounds) and they all fall down, with the crowd reacting like it's a big deal. I just don't get it anymore. I think I'm a lost cause lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »