Home

Actual Tennis

This is a discussion on Actual Tennis within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #9
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Actual Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
I'm just at the point where I'm rooting for anyone besides the usual suspects to be in the finals for these tournaments.
I like the usual suspects myself. I'm still a big Federer fan. I was a big Sampras & Agassi fan. Even farther back a big John McEnroe & Connors fan.

I like Djokovich because he isn't a sore loser when he loses in which he rarely does. I miss seeing Nadal play in his healthy times. I bet he never wins another major due to his health concerns. The upcoming better talent for the most part appears to be players from Europe.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

I can't even watch Djokovic anymore.

Funny, I'll watch a lot of the earlier rounds but often not even watch the finals in these tournaments.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:04 PM   #11
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Smile Re: Actual Tennis

Quote:
I can't even watch Djokovic anymore.

Funny, I'll watch a lot of the earlier rounds but often not even watch the finals in these tournaments.
I love watching Djokovich play. Yeah, he seems to win just about everything but he's a class act & just a great tennis player. He can make ALL the shots! That's what makes him so so good.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 03:02 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Anyone catch the Halep/Keys final today? I missed it, wish I had DVR. Halep is my girl, but it's hard to root against USA mashers
Old 08-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #13
Banned

Yup. Halep didn't even have to play that great to beat Keys. I think some of these big offensive players get flustered when balls come back over the net in which they usually hit for winners against other players. I really have no allegiance the American players when it comes to tennis for some reason. Also glad I didn't watch the mens final.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:21 PM   #14
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Yup. Halep didn't even have to play that great to beat Keys. I think some of these big offensive players get flustered when balls come back over the net in which they usually hit for winners against other players. I really have no allegiance the American players when it comes to tennis for some reason. Also glad I didn't watch the mens final.
Yes, Djokovic is absolutely dominating. I wonder how much longer at 29 years of age he can keep this domination up?
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 08-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Yes, Djokovic is absolutely dominating. I wonder how much longer at 29 years of age he can keep this domination up?
Idk...hopefully not for long though. If you took him & Murry out of the equation right now mens tennis would be so much less predictable. Especially with Fed and Nadal not being dominant anymore. It would be really open and exciting.

Like I said, I still enjoy the game by not focusing on the end results, but more the lead up. I've had a lot of practice being a knicks fan going back to the 80s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #16
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Smile Re: Actual Tennis

Quote:
Idk...hopefully not for long though. If you took him & Murry out of the equation right now mens tennis would be so much less predictable. Especially with Fed and Nadal not being dominant anymore. It would be really open and exciting.

Like I said, I still enjoy the game by not focusing on the end results, but more the lead up. I've had a lot of practice being a knicks fan going back to the 80s.
It will be interesting once Djokovic & Murray starts declining in their games. Other than them two we don't have any other dominate tennis figure(s) out there right now or on the horizon either. I think Milos Raonic has a chance to being close to the next dominate player.

He's now moved up to #4 in the rankings but he is now 27 years of age. Domonic Thiem is a really good player but he will never dominate but he's only 22 years of age. He's now up to the top 10 in the rankings at #7 as well.

Jack Sock is probably the top American right now. He's ranked in the top 20 but he will not get much better. He will be lucky to reach the top 10 in my opinion. It will certainly get really interesting once the fall-off of Djokovic & Murray starts happening plus Federer retiring. I don't see a dominate #1 ranked player after them leaving/retiring for the foreseeable future.

One other player that I forgot about. Nick Kyrgios from Australia has a chance to possibly be the next best tennis player but he still won't dominate like Djokovic or Murray. He's only 21 years of age. He has anger issues to boot. He has an unbelievable game though.

Can hit all the shots with a decent serve. He needs to add a few MPH to his serve & get his frustrations under control & he could become great. He's ranked top 20 right now at #19 but got as high as #17 a few weeks back.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 08-01-2016 at 03:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »