Home

lowlighthabit's 2021 SOTS Packs

This is a discussion on lowlighthabit's 2021 SOTS Packs within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-15-2021, 09:16 AM   #41
Rookie

Bravofan_36's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: lowlighthabit's 2021 SOTS Packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolczyk16
Hello all -

Quite the times we are living in where SOTS is effectively neutered for MLBTS21 on next gen.

I’m very curious as to what everyone in this incredible community (and thread) thinks. I recall talking with BU1B22 over the last few weeks in prep for 21’s SOTS, ranging from the new updates, to LowLight’s silence (for lack of a better word? and completely meant with no disrespect as we all have more important things in life to worry about nowadays, opposed to gaming...was just a massive fan of BU & Lowlight’s work over the last few years).

Originally, after reading there would only be walk up songs, a single home run song, and pitcher entry music, I was under the impression that hey, at least I’ll be able to upload batter walk up music for my guys...it just sucks I won’t have “Go Cubs Go” play when I win a big game at Wrigley, and “Woop there it is” won’t play when I crush a bomb with Rizz...but I was willing to deal with it.

Coming to the (accurate?...we won’t really know until 4/19 @12amPST) understanding that all of the SOTS selectable items will only be generic music that’s already in the game has effectively stunted and quite honestly, reversed my excitement for 21. I’ve been pre ordered from day 1, and now our community has been ravaged by this.

Hope it doesn’t come off like I am complaining, moaning, or being self-centered, but this was OUR feature. It was the thing that allowed us to make this game as true-to-life as possible. Immersion and atmosphere are my pillars in a sports game, and MLBTS was the only game out of ALL major current sports titles that allowed you to do such. With the inclusion of Xbox (which, according to my research, will not allow users to upload MP3s to the system) we now have lost my personal favorite feature. I’m all for inclusion, getting more eyes on the game, and allowing as many who wish I play the ability to do so; after all, I made the move to PlayStation with the sole purpose of playing MLBTS years ago, but for it to come at this cost truly is a dagger in my gaming soul.

It just hurts. It hurts a lot and I’m curious as to what everyone else here may think and what the plan is (or is not) moving forward. Perhaps, and this is only speculation, this is the reason why some have been “quiet” in recent months and weeks leading up to the game.

Be well all, and I look forward to conversing as we try and overcome this hurdle incredible hurdle for our community.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That sucks. I wonder if that's what they butchered for create a stadium.

Any word on whether or not they screwed with SOTS on PS4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #42
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

OK everyone, update time. Life gets in the way sometimes, especially when you are running your own business. If I could monetize this I would so I could spend more time on it but I don't see that happening.

My plan for today is to get as many teams done as possible, BUT... I will not put a ton of work into the stadium sounds right off the bat until I see what is allowed this season. Super disappointed to hear all the news about how the SotS has been torn down for this year. I do not own a PS5 or the XBox Series X so, unless someone would like to purchase the systems for me, I have no way of testing any files on either system (and that's if the XBox will even allow importing). Also, I only own the PS4 version, so again if someone wants to purchase the XBox One version for me I have no way of testing the files. That said, I will not be creating separate files for PS4/PS5, XBox One/Series X files. If the PS5 doesn't allow things the PS4 allows, the downloader will have to weed out the unusable files. Same goes for the XBox if it's even possible on release.

Beginning work on the next team as soon as I finish this post, should see them going live throughout the day.

Just want to say one thing to close, SotS is such an awesome feature and the fact that SDS/Microsoft decided to keep it from new users is pretty f'in lame. My money is that it is the fault of Microsoft and the fear of music rights... which was the same fear Sony had in the beginning. Let's not lay all the blame at SDS for issues on XBox, as well as the PS5 so let's wait to hear from them. We are still getting one of the most accurate sports games on the market.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:55 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlighthabit
OK everyone, update time. Life gets in the way sometimes, especially when you are running your own business. If I could monetize this I would so I could spend more time on it but I don't see that happening.

My plan for today is to get as many teams done as possible, BUT... I will not put a ton of work into the stadium sounds right off the bat until I see what is allowed this season. Super disappointed to hear all the news about how the SotS has been torn down for this year. I do not own a PS5 or the XBox Series X so, unless someone would like to purchase the systems for me, I have no way of testing any files on either system (and that's if the XBox will even allow importing). Also, I only own the PS4 version, so again if someone wants to purchase the XBox One version for me I have no way of testing the files. That said, I will not be creating separate files for PS4/PS5, XBox One/Series X files. If the PS5 doesn't allow things the PS4 allows, the downloader will have to weed out the unusable files. Same goes for the XBox if it's even possible on release.

Beginning work on the next team as soon as I finish this post, should see them going live throughout the day.

Just want to say one thing to close, SotS is such an awesome feature and the fact that SDS/Microsoft decided to keep it from new users is pretty f'in lame. My money is that it is the fault of Microsoft and the fear of music rights... which was the same fear Sony had in the beginning. Let's not lay all the blame at SDS for issues on XBox, as well as the PS5 so let's wait to hear from them. We are still getting one of the most accurate sports games on the market.

Thanks for the update Lowlight! I (and we) very much appreciate everything you do!

Looking forward to the release of packs, when you have the time.

Also, best of luck with the business, that’s awesome to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-15-2021, 01:19 PM   #44
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

TORONTO BLUE JAYS are complete.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #45
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

BALTIMORE ORIOLES complete. Link is coming, shortly waiting on upload. Red Sox are next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2021, 01:40 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlighthabit
BALTIMORE ORIOLES complete. Link is coming, shortly waiting on upload. Red Sox are next.
It says I need Access
Old 04-15-2021, 02:06 PM   #47
Rookie

UNIT180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyranger32
It says I need Access

Same cant access the BlueJays
Old 04-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #48
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Whats up guys. Got the game yesterday and the PS4 version has the exact same setup as it has in the past. Even on a PS5.

From what I understand the ps5 version is neutered. I have the Jackie Robinson PS4 version that has the free upgrade to ps5 and ive redeemed my code and everything has downloaded but because tgats an online code I can't try it until midnight like everyone else.

Why am I telling you all this? The good news is the way it works is we have access to both the PS4 and PS5 versions. The better news is the ps4 version looks and plays phenomenal in 4k hdr on a ps5 so unless the PS5 version blows me away(which I doubt or why haven't they shown any video?) I will be playing the PS4 version for SOTS.

Not trying to convince you to put in more work on these but I'm guessing the packs will remain very relevant and a lot of SOTS lovers will be playing the ps4 version like me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »