Home

Major Bug with SOTS 23

This is a discussion on Major Bug with SOTS 23 within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-17-2023, 07:20 PM   #33
Pro

knich1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Major Bug with SOTS 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_SDS
Right on. You and others like you are why I choose to respond and try and keep you informed. Especially with a niche feature that doesn't get much attention. Yanksare and others of his ilk are why we stay far away. I'd say it's a 25/75 ratio and why community interaction here has waned over the years. It used to be much more collaborative.
Steve...you are absolutely right. I warned years ago when you guys were on regularly that one day SDS would stop interacting. Unfortunately many on here...even now (mostly kids) don't just note a bug or problem but instead attack SDS.

Please ignore the kids in the room. We really appreciate you and the whole SDS team coming here and interacting. For those of us who are true loyalists, it is not lost.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:36 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Right on. You and others like you are why I choose to respond and try and keep you informed. Especially with a niche feature that doesn't get much attention. Yanksare and others of his ilk are why we stay far away. I'd say it's a 25/75 ratio and why community interaction here has waned over the years. It used to be much more collaborative.

Of course Steve! It’s easy to let the bad apples spoil the bunch but I’d like to think there’s more positive people in these posts and ones that love and want to improve and keep SOTS alive, rather than those who choose to complain and blame.

I did have one logistical question for you, if you don’t mind providing me with some insight? Say I have 2 or 3 imported songs assigned to a player for their walk up music … how does the game decide what song is selected for each at bat? Sometimes during a game and 3 plate appearances for such player, I’ll hear only one of the three songs play for each walk up (and will never hear the other two). I’ve been told it’s literally “random” but is there any sort of explanation for how each song is chosen for a certain walk up during a game?

This is something I’ve always wondered about and sometimes leaves me upset not hearing other awesome songs I have assigned to certain players (first world problems … I know lol)

Thanks so much as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-18-2023, 02:36 AM   #35
Pro

JustSteve's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolczyk16
Of course Steve! It’s easy to let the bad apples spoil the bunch but I’d like to think there’s more positive people in these posts and ones that love and want to improve and keep SOTS alive, rather than those who choose to complain and blame.

I did have one logistical question for you, if you don’t mind providing me with some insight? Say I have 2 or 3 imported songs assigned to a player for their walk up music … how does the game decide what song is selected for each at bat? Sometimes during a game and 3 plate appearances for such player, I’ll hear only one of the three songs play for each walk up (and will never hear the other two). I’ve been told it’s literally “random” but is there any sort of explanation for how each song is chosen for a certain walk up during a game?

This is something I’ve always wondered about and sometimes leaves me upset not hearing other awesome songs I have assigned to certain players (first world problems … I know lol)

Thanks so much as always!
Yeah, it’s supposed to be random. But that’s each time and unrelated to what played the previous time. So, it is very possible to pick the same song three times with only a 1 out of 3 shot.

I suppose a better design would be to keep track of what already played and then randomly play one of the next two and finally just play the one that hasn’t played yet and then start over but that would require some more coding. If there were only two songs hooked up, it would just alternate between them.

I only have one week of work left but I’ll take a look and maybe pass the idea along to a coworker if you think that would be preferable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2023, 06:42 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, it’s supposed to be random. But that’s each time and unrelated to what played the previous time. So, it is very possible to pick the same song three times with only a 1 out of 3 shot.

I suppose a better design would be to keep track of what already played and then randomly play one of the next two and finally just play the one that hasn’t played yet and then start over but that would require some more coding. If there were only two songs hooked up, it would just alternate between them.

I only have one week of work left but I’ll take a look and maybe pass the idea along to a coworker if you think that would be preferable.

Good to know, thanks so much! I think that would be some great feedback to pass along, though it may require some tinkering with, it could help the functionality of it quite a bit more.

Appreciate you!

Also, will you still be active on here at all? I know you’re retiring but I’m sure your passion of what you do isn’t retiring so maybe stick around and have some convos with us! We’d really appreciate your insight if you were willing.

Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-18-2023, 09:03 AM   #37
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:

Wow...didn't know you were retiring. Thanks for all you have done for the SHOW. I just hope your replacement is willing to interact with the community as well.

All the best in your retirement!

p.s. I have one final question if you are at liberty to answer: Will SOTS ever make it to PS5?

Last edited by knich1; 04-18-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:14 PM   #38
Pro

JustSteve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolczyk16
Also, will you still be active on here at all? I know you’re retiring but I’m sure your passion of what you do isn’t retiring so maybe stick around and have some convos with us! We’d really appreciate your insight if you were willing.
Probably not much to be honest. I have a lot of passions and plans and I was fortunate enough to be able to retire on the early side. I'm sure I'll poke in here every once in a while, especially near launch, and I'll be staying in touch with my good friends on TS team. Also, just got my retirement info from HR and one of the first things on the list was to remove any company associations from social media and this is the only one I have so I'll be requesting decommissioning it as soon as I'm finished responding.

Happy gaming!
Old 04-18-2023, 03:23 PM   #39
Pro

JustSteve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich1
I have one final question if you are at liberty to answer: Will SOTS ever make it to PS5?
I am not at liberty and I honestly don't know but I can tell you the reason it's not currently on PS5 is that Sony removed a feature from the PS5 operating system that we use for SOTS on the PS4. And I also understand how it appears strange from the outside since you can play the PS4 game with SOTS on your PS5 but they are using two different OSes.

Keep fighting the good fight! ��

Last edited by JustSteve; 04-18-2023 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:39 PM   #40
LGM

Arizito Sports's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I am not at liberty and I honestly don't know but I can tell you the reason it's not currently on PS5 is that Sony removed a feature from the PS5 operating system that we use for SOTS on the PS4. And I also understand how it appears strange from the outside since you can play the PS4 game with SOTS on your PS5 but they are using two different OSes.

Keep fighting the good fight! ��
Finally a real explanation thanks Steve we deserved an answer thanks !

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »