Home

How do you plan to play 24?

This is a discussion on How do you plan to play 24? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-10-2024, 12:45 PM   #1
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you plan to play 24?

I always go back and forth. But usually end up landing on every pitch, every inning.

But after really thinking about it, I知 considering trying something different to start(although, I imagine I値l end up back to every inning, every pitch).

With the new customizable moments, I知 considering doing play one, sim five, with the five set to 5 inning appearance and see how that works. Not sold on it. But if it helps me get deeper without losing touch with my team, I値l give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2024, 12:49 PM   #2
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How do you plan to play 24?

I usually play the first 10 games of a season and then I do one a series after and quick manage any game I dont play. I play every playoff game for my team.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: How do you play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
I always go back and forth. But usually end up landing on every pitch, every inning.

But after really thinking about it, I知 considering trying something different to start(although, I imagine I値l end up back to every inning, every pitch).

With the new customizable moments, I知 considering doing play one, sim five, with the five set to 5 inning appearance and see how that works. Not sold on it. But if it helps me get deeper without losing touch with my team, I値l give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A full season in franchise doing 30-team control. I play at least one game on the calendar day, and one AA and AAA each per week (more if I take particular interest in a team). I like to treat The Show like a broadcast network so I'll do Saturday doubleheaders, etc.

I wish I was more into the classic rosters but there are too many factors that break the immersion for me, so I keep it purely to the current season.

I also usually do one pitcher and one hitter in RTTS until I get bored. I'll probably do Storylines and give Diamond Dynasty another shot (I like to check back in and see if it or I have changed) while I wait for a good full minors roster.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:51 PM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Spring training, Quick Counts on.
First season, 162 games no sim, 1450+ glorious innings.
Second season and beyond, play one, sim two, except ST and postseason, if I get there. Postseason is always a No Sim Zone.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-10-2024, 02:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Not playing unless they add back in shorter season lengths. SDS creating new ways to simulate games when they used to support shorter seasons is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2024, 02:11 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyjam
Not playing unless they add back in shorter season lengths. SDS creating new ways to simulate games when they used to support shorter seasons is ridiculous.
When they removed season mode, they should have replaced it with tourney mode. You could play 28 games, or 56, in the first stage. Either 2 or 4 games against every team. Then the Top 8 move on to a College World Series type bracket.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-10-2024, 02:54 PM   #7
Pro

Stolm's Arena

I will probably do a 23 Franchise before I pickup 24, but I follow a certain pattern for my playthroughs where I mix Play & Sim.

I play Opening Day (Starter 1) and then sim completely through the rotation and will play Starter 2's game. Sim through again and play Starter 3, and just keep that pattern until the end of the season.

I think it ends up being 30 something games that I play manually, and the rest are simmed. That way I can influence the stats, but also keep some randomness/realism.

For Post-Season I usually play the opening game of a series plus clinch and elimination games.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:55 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Franchise mode, every pitch of every game. Same as always.

I do sim spring training. Won't touch any of the other modes since I'm only interested in franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »