Home

How do you plan to play 24?

This is a discussion on How do you plan to play 24? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-10-2024, 09:50 PM   #25
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How do you plan to play 24?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
The first thing I'm doing is signing Jordan Montgomery as quick as I can. By this time next Sunday he will officially meet the Mets, meet the Mets, step right up and greet the Mets.
He will be a Cub when i start my franchise.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2024, 07:45 AM   #26
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
He will be a Cub when i start my franchise.
Montgomery is a hot commodity it seems
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-11-2024, 08:33 AM   #27
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Looking at how most of you play the game, I will sound a bit "off" but I only play RTTS.

I'm creating guys (no pitchers or catchers, I don't like to pitch and catch) and play 1 series at the time, before switching to the other players.

With MLBTS 23, my lineup was :
1B : Jim Thome
2B : Roger Hornsby
3B : Mike Schmidt
SS : Derek Jeter
LF : Barry Bonds
LF : Bo Jackson
CF : Mike Trout
RF : Pablo Guerrero

Leaning toward having the Guerrero Family (should have 7 or 8 players on MBLTS 30 when Vlad Sr. done raising baseball players!) and few Expos players from the 80's and 90's to complete the lineup in 24.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:57 AM   #28
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

This is also one of my favorite threads this time of the year.

For the first time ever, I will not open the DD tab. In previous years, I'd play DD until the roster I wanted dropped and I start my franchise. It was fine but over the years my enjoyment has dropped, and I really just wanted to get my franchise going.

This year, Day 1 I will be editing my rosters and start my franchise as soon as possible. I like to update all equipment before starting just so that it is over and done with by the time I am ready to dive in.

My franchise will be 30 team control, set all lineups/rotations both MLB and MiLB. I will also handle all injuries (Thanks to a random generator I created, I manually injure 1 random MLB player each day of the season), call-ups/send-downs. The trade deadline is the only day to make a trade and I will do that manually, survey the league and see which team needs to buy/sell and match them up as I see fit.

I play all 162 with the Mets while also playing random MLB games throughout the year. I'll play with all 29 teams at some point, some more than others but always looking for a fun rivalry or pitching matchup. I will also do random player locks with stars and prospects around the league. Once the playoffs start, I play every game of every series, but I alternate what team I control within the series.

Starting in year 2 is when I start my rebuild. That's when I play 1, sim 5 and do some critical moments and player locks along the way. Focus on being as realistic as possible and not go crazy with Free Agents and Trades until we are ready to compete naturally.

I have a spreadsheet to track this all that maybe I'll drop here if anyone's interested.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:23 AM   #29
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

Play a few exhibition games on Friday just to see what’s new, check out the new Presentation etc and then I’ll jump into Storylines and some DD as well. I’ll play a bit of those modes before starting MTO with the Yankees like I always do, and then going between RTTS and DD once that’s all done.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:41 AM   #30
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
This is also one of my favorite threads this time of the year.

For the first time ever, I will not open the DD tab. In previous years, I'd play DD until the roster I wanted dropped and I start my franchise. It was fine but over the years my enjoyment has dropped, and I really just wanted to get my franchise going.

This year, Day 1 I will be editing my rosters and start my franchise as soon as possible. I like to update all equipment before starting just so that it is over and done with by the time I am ready to dive in.

My franchise will be 30 team control, set all lineups/rotations both MLB and MiLB. I will also handle all injuries (Thanks to a random generator I created, I manually injure 1 random MLB player each day of the season), call-ups/send-downs. The trade deadline is the only day to make a trade and I will do that manually, survey the league and see which team needs to buy/sell and match them up as I see fit.

I play all 162 with the Mets while also playing random MLB games throughout the year. I'll play with all 29 teams at some point, some more than others but always looking for a fun rivalry or pitching matchup. I will also do random player locks with stars and prospects around the league. Once the playoffs start, I play every game of every series, but I alternate what team I control within the series.

Starting in year 2 is when I start my rebuild. That's when I play 1, sim 5 and do some critical moments and player locks along the way. Focus on being as realistic as possible and not go crazy with Free Agents and Trades until we are ready to compete naturally.

I have a spreadsheet to track this all that maybe I'll drop here if anyone's interested.
Nice I have one as well with all teams, all payrolls, all rosters and the players contracts. I need to update it when game comes out but I will share as well.

I myself do 30 team control, and for the other 29 teams I quick manage each game to avoid bullpen usage issues
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-11-2024, 01:50 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
I will probably do a 23 Franchise before I pickup 24, but I follow a certain pattern for my playthroughs where I mix Play & Sim.

I play Opening Day (Starter 1) and then sim completely through the rotation and will play Starter 2's game. Sim through again and play Starter 3, and just keep that pattern until the end of the season.

I think it ends up being 30 something games that I play manually, and the rest are simmed. That way I can influence the stats, but also keep some randomness/realism.

For Post-Season I usually play the opening game of a series plus clinch and elimination games.
I used to do it this way with quick counts, but with the new sim option, I might try to play the full first game of a series, then 6 innings of the 2nd game and 3 innings of the third game. That'd be playing 3 games in 2, so 2/3 of a 162 game season.

I always start the season however with rivalry exhibitions: STL at CHC, LAD at SF, NYY at BOS. That's how I tune my dynamic difficulty and the camera, options, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2024, 02:20 PM   #32
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

With 24 dropping early access this week, I had went back and am playing 23 to get ready, but between playing some exhibition games, I FINALLY got around to checking out the Negro League addition in 23.

I know I am WAAAAYYYY late on this, but I never started it last year, and in reality will not finish it, I was very impressed with what I played, just seeing the crowd in what appeared to be time era clothes was very impressive.

So needless to say, I will more than likely start with the Negro League with 24 while I wait for bryanm to drop his slider set.

May or may not do the Jeter stuff, haven't decided on that yet.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »