Home

OS NASCAR:Inside Line League (Schedule/Results)

This is a discussion on OS NASCAR:Inside Line League (Schedule/Results) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #57
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: OS NASCAR:Inside Line League (Schedule/Results)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith74
I'll be around later tonight also.

It's kinda like the cautions, we may just have to wait and see. This is so different than public rooms. In public rooms, it seems like you spend the whole race under caution. People bounce off walls and keep going.

It's whatever makes it fun. If anyone of us is not having fun because of something, then we need to be vocal about it. This is all for fun....an escape for a little while from the real life.....As of right now, I'm having a blast except for the fact that I'm having to race with a controller....lol....
Controllers get really interesting when you are trying to do finesse passes or just hold your spot in a three wide. It's easy to lose your nerve in a pack w/controller.

General racing, general passing are fine...drafting effectively is a little tougher. I can see a wheel rig being a big advantage at the two superspeedways.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #58
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I would be vehemently against having damage in these races. Think about the slobfest we had at the start at Daytona. All but 2 guys would have been out 3 laps in. Bristol, you're going to bang off of people a lot with controllers.

If everybody had a wheel and could hold a line, that would be one thing. But you can't do anything about trying to go 3 wide with controllers. Somebody's going to bang into somebody else, not intentionally, but it's just the nature of console racing.

Also, the collision model is way too far off to consider a league environment with damage, IMO. I tried to go down under Dan at Daytona and his car looked like I hit it at 30mph from the side. I probably did, but on my end I was a foot behind his rear end. Coming from iRacing, it will probably take me a good 3 or 4 weeks to learn where I'm "hitting" cars here, and in that span we're ending guys' races short every week.

Plus, the fun factor stays when you or somebody else makes a mistake and you plow a wall at 200--then just go back and change the tires and get back in the mix. If you were doing 20mph slower due to aero damage, it wouldn't be as fun, and guys would get more frustrated with taking each other out.

I personally think, based on our first full night of racing, that it's perfect as-is and I wouldn't monkey with the formula too much.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #59
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
I would be vehemently against having damage in these races. Think about the slobfest we had at the start at Daytona. All but 2 guys would have been out 3 laps in. Bristol, you're going to bang off of people a lot with controllers.

If everybody had a wheel and could hold a line, that would be one thing. But you can't do anything about trying to go 3 wide with controllers. Somebody's going to bang into somebody else, not intentionally, but it's just the nature of console racing.

Also, the collision model is way too far off to consider a league environment with damage, IMO. I tried to go down under Dan at Daytona and his car looked like I hit it at 30mph from the side. I probably did, but on my end I was a foot behind his rear end. Coming from iRacing, it will probably take me a good 3 or 4 weeks to learn where I'm "hitting" cars here, and in that span we're ending guys' races short every week.

Plus, the fun factor stays when you or somebody else makes a mistake and you plow a wall at 200--then just go back and change the tires and get back in the mix. If you were doing 20mph slower due to aero damage, it wouldn't be as fun, and guys would get more frustrated with taking each other out.

I personally think, based on our first full night of racing, that it's perfect as-is and I wouldn't monkey with the formula too much.
In all my racing over the years, having damage on with a group that races with controllers has never been a good thing. Sure we race with it on during NASCAR 2003 and iRacing, but everyone uses a wheel. I am also a fan of the way everything currently is, but as I stated, I wanted to open it up for discussion and let everyone have a say.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #60
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
In all my racing over the years, having damage on with a group that races with controllers has never been a good thing. Sure we race with it on during NASCAR 2003 and iRacing, but everyone uses a wheel. I am also a fan of the way everything currently is, but as I stated, I wanted to open it up for discussion and let everyone have a say.
Terry did bring up a valid point that 'bubbles' still exist around the cars online, even if to a much smaller extent than the previous game. I trusted Terry when we were in that situation and was quite surprised ( as he was) by the contact, which I'm sure was the bubble effect.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #61
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3
I agree with as is. Bob you said something (I think) that we were doing 2 races a thurs just to get caught up with the season. So why don't we just up the laps when we get caught up to the current race weekend. My opinion would be to leave damage off with just the fact of it being online and occasionally goofy crap happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #62
Rookie

Keith74's Arena

OVR: 9

Hoping to make it tonight. I have two people picking up furniture at 3:30 before our new furniture (which was bought while I was away in Oklahoma two weeks ago ~ sneaky wife) is delivered tomorrow morning. I then have my youngest son's soccer game at 6 to 7:30. All this is Central time. If nothing else, I'll make Bristol.

I leave for Denver on Saturday, so I will be absent for the races next week. I won't return until Friday May 3rd.

After that, I will be done traveling for a few months and soccer will be over.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #63
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith74
Hoping to make it tonight. I have two people picking up furniture at 3:30 before our new furniture (which was bought while I was away in Oklahoma two weeks ago ~ sneaky wife) is delivered tomorrow morning. I then have my youngest son's soccer game at 6 to 7:30. All this is Central time. If nothing else, I'll make Bristol.

I leave for Denver on Saturday, so I will be absent for the races next week. I won't return until Friday May 3rd.

After that, I will be done traveling for a few months and soccer will be over.
Well the race(s) will not start until 9:30(est) tonight Keith, and we will look at the possibility of moving next weeks race to Friday - if it works for everyone else.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #64
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3
Amped for some lefthand turns tonight!!!😁

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »