Home

OS NASCAR:Inside Line League (Schedule/Results)

This is a discussion on OS NASCAR:Inside Line League (Schedule/Results) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #81
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: OS NASCAR:Inside Line League (Schedule/Results)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Safe trip, Keith! We'll miss ya!

Bob, looks like Friday might be better so we can still have 8 or so.
Friday it is at 9pm(est)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #82
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Good racing last night gentlemen - I will have the results up later today. Nice wins by Dan and Terry if very different ways.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 04-27-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #83
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
I don't feel safe parking my car anywhere lol. Jk

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #84
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Standings are updated in first post on page one
Old 04-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #85
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Late reply, I know, but that was a really cool race at Vegas. Dan and Bob, that was a sneaky and very impressive way to run a 1-stopper and win it on fuel mileage. Like I said in the session, if you're going to lose a race, losing like that is a fun way to do it. I think if it was another 5 laps longer, I'd have gotten you both, because as it was I was coming out of turn 4 when you guys crossed the line and coming fast. But that drama at the end of the race was priceless.

ESPECIALLY since I didn't know I wasn't leading until 3 laps to go. I thought I was leading and running the last few laps, then noticed the "3rd" ticker in the upper right. I was like "WTF??"

Bristol was pretty much Bristol, though. It's something you have to really run long races at to figure out, but as much as you try to save your tires and everything else there, it's saving your brakes that will win you a race. Charging the corner hard and hooking up feels great, but your car will last 10 laps that way, then you can't get it slowed down midway through a fuel run.

My trick is to find a spot on the wall ads (usually the yellow ads, whatever those are) and brake just enough to let the car roll through the corner smoothly, without scrubbing so much speed that I drift down onto the apron, and certainly not carrying so much that it heads up to the wall. At that point, you throttle-steer it (more throttle if the car is coming down the track, less if it's going up) rather than scrubbing the tires up with steering input, and you're not burning the brakes up as hard every corner. That's one thing that ETX did model, is the brakes wearing out, and it's imperative at any short track that you take care of them.

You might be slower initially because you're taking care of them, but if you're charging the corners and burning up your brakes, you'll stick with a guy for 5 or 10 laps. Then the next 10, he gains .2 per lap. Then the next 10 he gains .5 per lap. When you're dealing with 50-lap green flag runs, you're going a lap down each cycle.

I'll climb down off of the pulpit now lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #86
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Late reply, I know, but that was a really cool race at Vegas. Dan and Bob, that was a sneaky and very impressive way to run a 1-stopper and win it on fuel mileage. Like I said in the session, if you're going to lose a race, losing like that is a fun way to do it. I think if it was another 5 laps longer, I'd have gotten you both, because as it was I was coming out of turn 4 when you guys crossed the line and coming fast. But that drama at the end of the race was priceless.

ESPECIALLY since I didn't know I wasn't leading until 3 laps to go. I thought I was leading and running the last few laps, then noticed the "3rd" ticker in the upper right. I was like "WTF??"

Bristol was pretty much Bristol, though. It's something you have to really run long races at to figure out, but as much as you try to save your tires and everything else there, it's saving your brakes that will win you a race. Charging the corner hard and hooking up feels great, but your car will last 10 laps that way, then you can't get it slowed down midway through a fuel run.

My trick is to find a spot on the wall ads (usually the yellow ads, whatever those are) and brake just enough to let the car roll through the corner smoothly, without scrubbing so much speed that I drift down onto the apron, and certainly not carrying so much that it heads up to the wall. At that point, you throttle-steer it (more throttle if the car is coming down the track, less if it's going up) rather than scrubbing the tires up with steering input, and you're not burning the brakes up as hard every corner. That's one thing that ETX did model, is the brakes wearing out, and it's imperative at any short track that you take care of them.

You might be slower initially because you're taking care of them, but if you're charging the corners and burning up your brakes, you'll stick with a guy for 5 or 10 laps. Then the next 10, he gains .2 per lap. Then the next 10 he gains .5 per lap. When you're dealing with 50-lap green flag runs, you're going a lap down each cycle.

I'll climb down off of the pulpit now lol
As always Terry - good stuff and valuable info. Can't wait to hit the track this Thursday(with my wheel of course)
Old 04-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #87
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Input like that is so valuable to someone like me who is still learning and is why I am glad that you are in the league with us Terry. Its really good when I can ride behind you for a lap or two (then you are usually gone after that).

Don't feel like you are a know it all because when it comes to racing I listen when you talk/write because you know more than I do and it shows on the track. So I am all ears and eyes

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 04-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #88
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Well, I appreciate that guys. I just know I'm not the best driver...I can frequently run out of talent. I have the know-how, but not always the skill

If you ever have a question, I'll do my best to answer it. I just don't like giving unsolicited advice, because that can be extremely annoying to people, so I try not to rant too much while in a session.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »