Home

MLS Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLS Discussion Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #17

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: OFFICIAL 2013 MLS SEASON THREAD....

So... MLS...

Helluva goal from Caskey in the DDC Final just now.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #18

Bruins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
Being a Carlos Ruiz fan it would of been nice if Chivas USA got him like Chelis wanted.
They could have if they wanted, but they passed. D.C. was #17 in the order and he fell all the way to them.

As far as Chivas USA, they're going to be a disaster this year. They already tried this Mexican(-American) only crap 8 years ago, and look how that ended up...
Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
They could have if they wanted, but they passed. D.C. was #17 in the order and he fell all the way to them.

As far as Chivas USA, they're going to be a disaster this year. They already tried this Mexican(-American) only crap 8 years ago, and look how that ended up...
Don't really follow MLS, but I thought chivas USA allowed players from all nationalities
Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #20

Bruins's Arena

Ever since they hired Chelis, they've gotten rid of almost all of their non-Mexican(-American) players. Problem is, the Mexican(-American) players they've brought aren't going to be good enough.

They did the same thing in 2005, they figured they could easily compete with only Mexican players. It didn't work, and it won't work now. But for some reason they feel like trying it all over again.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #21
MVP

Honestly I don't even understand why the hell Chivas USA was created. Most if not all of their fans are only supporters because of their parent club. People can't really identify themselves with this team. For example if you're from Seattle then you're most likely a big supporter of the sounders, but Chivas USA isn't like that. They're a team built as a copy of another team. Same shield and the uniform follows the same guidelines. I mean when do you see a Real Madrid Portugal team? It's ridiculous. Vergara must've thought "hey since we have so many guadalajara fans in the USA, I'm gonna build this replica so they can see the Chivas in the US." Yeah not the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
Honestly I don't even understand why the hell Chivas USA was created. Most if not all of their fans are only supporters because of their parent club. People can't really identify themselves with this team. For example if you're from Seattle then you're most likely a big supporter of the sounders, but Chivas USA isn't like that. They're a team built as a copy of another team. Same shield and the uniform follows the same guidelines. I mean when do you see a Real Madrid Portugal team? It's ridiculous. Vergara must've thought "hey since we have so many guadalajara fans in the USA, I'm gonna build this replica so they can see the Chivas in the US." Yeah not the same thing.
If that was the case they'd of been better off putting the team in San Diego where the Chivas fanbase seems to be larger in my opinion. My neighborhood is filled with Chivas fans and I know my uncle would be a season ticket holder. The Galaxy are a way bigger attraction in LA and so are the numerous other sporting events that surpass a Chivas game.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
If that was the case they'd of been better off putting the team in San Diego where the Chivas fanbase seems to be larger in my opinion. My neighborhood is filled with Chivas fans and I know my uncle would be a season ticket holder. The Galaxy are a way bigger attraction in LA and so are the numerous other sporting events that surpass a Chivas game.
Exactly. San Diego would've been the perfect place. LA already has a team they should've put chivas USA in a city that doesn't have one. Even phoenix Arizona would have been a good place. The national team of Mexico plays there constantly and also Arizona doesn't have an MLS team.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #24
Rookie

wazzucoug02's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
So... MLS...

Helluva goal from Caskey in the DDC Final just now.

Was fun to watch, and nice calm finish. Miss Arlo doing all of the Sounders games.

When I saw the line-ups I didn't think there was any way that we would win the game with mostly Seattle Reserves vs the RSL mostly first team. Pleasantly surprised with the 1-0 win.

Can't wait for Saturday!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »