Home

MLS Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLS Discussion Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #9

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: OFFICIAL 2013 MLS SEASON THREAD....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzucoug02
Agreed that he is passed his prime, but he can still contribute.
As a Revs fan, trust me. He can't. He made a terrible Chivas team even worse when we were able to offload him on them.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

First season I'll be truly into MLS. More than likely from a neutral standpoint right now. I'd lean towards Chivas USA because since the parent club is the one my family supports, but the management has annoyed the hell out of me by sticking with just mexican players while teams like TJ, Toluca, America, etc. have been winning thanks to Central and South Americans. They also are being stubborn as hell with Enriquez and Fabian. More than likely will be mainly watching in support of younger USMNT players to make a big impact.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
First season I'll be truly into MLS. More than likely from a neutral standpoint right now. I'd lean towards Chivas USA because since the parent club is the one my family supports, but the management has annoyed the hell out of me by sticking with just mexican players while teams like TJ, Toluca, America, etc. have been winning thanks to Central and South Americans. They also are being stubborn as hell with Enriquez and Fabian. More than likely will be mainly watching in support of younger USMNT players to make a big impact.
Dude seriously? The parent club of Chivas USA has played with ONLY Mexican players for 100+ years AND they are the team with the most championships AND they reached the final of Copa Libertadores (the most competitive tournament in the America's) in 2011 with ONLY Mexican players. They also have the most progressive and prestigious youth system. We support our youths, not just buy all kinds of players from foreign countries who don't even feel the colors of the jersey. As for Fabian and Enriquez, you have to be careful of when you allow a player to go to Europe. Too soon and his career is over. Vela left Chivas at about age 17, and disappeared in Europe until now that he's finally reaching a good level. Fabian isn't in his best right now and neither is enriquez. You think sending them out right now is gonna help?

ALSO, for many many years chivas has been the foundation of the Mexico national team, in 2005 Chivas eliminated Boca Juniors 4-0 in Copa Libertadores, reaching the semi finals, with about 7 players gone because of international duties. This is how strong they're youth system has been. Seriously man read up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Can't wait! We've looked pretty good this preseason against clubs like Tijuana (even though it was reserve squad) and also K-League competition. Look out for McBean, Gaul, Villarreal and Meyer this year. I think they'll be huge contributors. Also Keane signed an extension and Juninho is now officially ours.

Too bad Landon won't be back until late March. Hopefully we don't bomb out of CCL again because of his absence.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
Dude seriously? The parent club of Chivas USA has played with ONLY Mexican players for 100+ years AND they are the team with the most championships AND they reached the final of Copa Libertadores (the most competitive tournament in the America's) in 2011 with ONLY Mexican players. They also have the most progressive and prestigious youth system. We support our youths, not just buy all kinds of players from foreign countries who don't even feel the colors of the jersey. As for Fabian and Enriquez, you have to be careful of when you allow a player to go to Europe. Too soon and his career is over. Vela left Chivas at about age 17, and disappeared in Europe until now that he's finally reaching a good level. Fabian isn't in his best right now and neither is enriquez. You think sending them out right now is gonna help?

ALSO, for many many years chivas has been the foundation of the Mexico national team, in 2005 Chivas eliminated Boca Juniors 4-0 in Copa Libertadores, reaching the semi finals, with about 7 players gone because of international duties. This is how strong they're youth system has been. Seriously man read up.
I know about how good Chivas has been. But the league is progressing and they're pretty hard to watch with Enriquez and Fabian having to carry the team in my opinion. I understand they've been so successful with that mindset, but with the progression of the league as far as buying and producing players from Brazil, US, Central and South America, I feel like they are going to be left behind. I'm just worried Chivas will hold onto Fabian and enriquez stunting their progress and prevent the quality up and coming youth players from getting their chance. I'd really like to see Fierro make a loan appearance for Chivas USA this year and play the whole 90. I'm fairly new to soccer but I understand the prestige of the club. I just feel that breaking that policy and buying a quality foreigner or two could end up bridging the gap. Especially with how low in the table they were in the Clausura .
Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
I know about how good Chivas has been. But the league is progressing and they're pretty hard to watch with Enriquez and Fabian having to carry the team in my opinion. I understand they've been so successful with that mindset, but with the progression of the league as far as buying and producing players from Brazil, US, Central and South America, I feel like they are going to be left behind. I'm just worried Chivas will hold onto Fabian and enriquez stunting their progress and prevent the quality up and coming youth players from getting their chance. I'd really like to see Fierro make a loan appearance for Chivas USA this year and play the whole 90. I'm fairly new to soccer but I understand the prestige of the club. I just feel that breaking that policy and buying a quality foreigner or two could end up bridging the gap. Especially with how low in the table they were in the Clausura .
(The 100% Mexican part is TRADITION not policy. Us real fans are proud of that and I guarantee that if they ever violated that tradition there would be a huge riot. This tradition isn't because of the current management, it's the fans. It's what the team stands for. It's what the team is. Chivas is more Mexican than the Mexican national team. LITERALLY!)

Well, Enriquez isn't starter right now. He hasn't been playing as good as he can. He's playing better now though since he's trying to get his starting slot back. Fierro isn't playing any matches because he's with the Mexico U-20 squad in fact he just played about 10 minutes ago in the 3-0 win over Salvador. And right now, PSV is looking at Fabian, Enriquez, and Fierro for next season and I wouldn't doubt that Fabian will leave. Enriquez has a different mentality, and it looks like enriquez would be more inclined to stay while Fabian is anxious to show his talent in Europe. I doubt they'd let Fierro go but that's because Sanchez (the starting RW) has dropped his level significantly. And right now they're in 7th place and playing better every game. They've finally figured things out with Galindo and Vergara is finally staying out of all the soccer stuff.

But anyways, I would've agreed with you partially if this would've been posted a few months ago, but right now not at all. I got carried away, and I apologize. I just love chivas!! Lol
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
(The 100% Mexican part is TRADITION not policy. Us real fans are proud of that and I guarantee that if they ever violated that tradition there would be a huge riot. This tradition isn't because of the current management, it's the fans. It's what the team stands for. It's what the team is. Chivas is more Mexican than the Mexican national team. LITERALLY!)

Well, Enriquez isn't starter right now. He hasn't been playing as good as he can. He's playing better now though since he's trying to get his starting slot back. Fierro isn't playing any matches because he's with the Mexico U-20 squad in fact he just played about 10 minutes ago in the 3-0 win over Salvador. And right now, PSV is looking at Fabian, Enriquez, and Fierro for next season and I wouldn't doubt that Fabian will leave. Enriquez has a different mentality, and it looks like enriquez would be more inclined to stay while Fabian is anxious to show his talent in Europe. I doubt they'd let Fierro go but that's because Sanchez (the starting RW) has dropped his level significantly. And right now they're in 7th place and playing better every game. They've finally figured things out with Galindo and Vergara is finally staying out of all the soccer stuff.

But anyways, I would've agreed with you partially if this would've been posted a few months ago, but right now not at all. I got carried away, and I apologize. I just love chivas!! Lol
Yeah I've heard about the PSV interest. I'd like to see some more links when it comes to loans from Chivas to Chivas USA and it looks more plausible this year with Chelis coaching there. Being a Carlos Ruiz fan it would of been nice if Chivas USA got him like Chelis wanted. I think Agudelo could really benefit playing with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Yeah I've heard about the PSV interest. I'd like to see some more links when it comes to loans from Chivas to Chivas USA and it looks more plausible this year with Chelis coaching there. Being a Carlos Ruiz fan it would of been nice if Chivas USA got him like Chelis wanted. I think Agudelo could really benefit playing with him.
I don't know what it is about chelis but as soon as he starts coaching a team they start playing with balls! No matter which team it is! And I agree for example I had no idea Mario de Luna had been loaned to Chivas USA or Giovanni Casillas until I found their twitters! Lol I'm positive Chelis can get chivas USA to really turn around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »