Home

***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: ***The Official Arsenal "Gunners" Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Apparently there is some tabloid talk across the pond that Arsenal are trying to sign Mikael Silvestre from ManU for less than a million pounds. Take it for what it's worth... nothing at this point. Although, I can't say I would mind having another experienced body at the back, even if he hasn't played regularly for a few seasons...

I totaly agree with you on this one. I dont understand why wenger didnt buy a quality defender this year just in case.

And theres still a possibility that Arshevin get to Arsenal as previously Zenit agree a transfer fee but Arshevin demanded a salary thats Arsenal was not willing to pay. But theres some story that tell that arshevin has lowered his salary demand and a move could be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #26
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean-sweep
And theres still a possibility that Arshevin get to Arsenal as previously Zenit agree a transfer fee but Arshevin demanded a salary thats Arsenal was not willing to pay. But theres some story that tell that arshevin has lowered his salary demand and a move could be done.
At this point, I don't think that I would even want him. I know Arsenal could use another attacking player given the frailty of Rosicky & RVP (not to mention Eduardo's ever changing rehab status) and the inexperience of Walcott, Vela & Bendtner, but he seems to me like a malcontent dressing-room disturber in waiting. No doubt he's a talented player, but I'd much rather see a sum of that magnitude be invested in an experienced CM like Alonso. Let Sp*rs have him for 15M+, he can take Berbatov's squad-disrupting place...
Old 08-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

I dont agree with you I"d rather have someone like Arshevin that can create and score at anytime cause we play good football but sometime we play too much of a good football that we cant seem to score and get past the 20 yard box and nobody is willing to take the responsiblity and creating individualy to get that goal, we seen it many time last season and Arshevin will definatly improve us in this area. I mean for 15m a experienced Winger and forward, thats what we need. Our midfield is very good young and I think we are in control in the midfield with those young guys. with Silvestre Officially an Gunners, I think we would be definatly set with Arshevin.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #28
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Van Persie with a goal in the international friendly today, maybe he'll start playing up to his talent in the league.

I hope Vela plays on Saturday, I'll be wearing my Vela jersey in anticipation.
But we all live in denial
Old 08-20-2008, 11:18 PM   #29
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I'll be wearing my Vela jersey in anticipation.
Is it one of the new ones? They're starting to grow on me and I'm excited to see the team wearing them in action on Saturday against Fulham (12:30PM on FSC)...
Old 08-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #30
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Is it one of the new ones? They're starting to grow on me and I'm excited to see the team wearing them in action on Saturday against Fulham (12:30PM on FSC)...
Yeah, it's the new home kit. I was thinking of getting the away kit, but I couldn't see myself wearing it that often in public.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #31
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Yeah, it's the new home kit. I was thinking of getting the away kit, but I couldn't see myself wearing it that often in public.
Or even in private if you ask me. They are HIDEOUS! I like the attempt to bring back the yellow, but could they have made it any busier? I almost wish that they would switch from Nike, as Swoosh Inc seem more concerned with 'new' designs as opposed to just making good-looking kits...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #32
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Or even in private if you ask me. They are HIDEOUS! I like the attempt to bring back the yellow, but could they have made it any busier? I almost wish that they would switch from Nike, as Swoosh Inc seem more concerned with 'new' designs as opposed to just making good-looking kits...
I actually like the away kits and they look sick in action. But they just wouldn't go with anything I wear, so I would look stupid wearing it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »