Home

2022-23 UEFA Competitions Thread

This is a discussion on 2022-23 UEFA Competitions Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2022, 09:44 PM   #25
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2022-23 UEFA Competitions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
He actually improved that part of his game a lot, but his head definitely wasn’t in it today. Hasn’t looked right at all so far this season. Not the only one on the team either. What the hell is up with Fabinho?
Improved what? His willingness to track runners in behind? Damn, give him a new contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 04:40 AM   #26
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Or, you know, just "convert" TAA to a winger already if his liabilities in defence are such a concern. But that would mean moving Salah elsewhere.

@nicroni
Old 09-08-2022, 08:26 AM   #27
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
2022-23 UEFA Competitions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Improved what? His willingness to track runners in behind? Damn, give him a new contact.

Overall defending. But I know you don’t watch much other than Arsenal.

You are better than reverting to the lazy narratives that the announcers use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Or, you know, just "convert" TAA to a winger already if his liabilities in defence are such a concern. But that would mean moving Salah elsewhere.
The main issue right now is that they are playing Harvey Elliott in the right side midfield role and he prefers his left foot. He is also 19, wants to get forward all the time, and doesn’t understand when he should be defending. Also is not good at winning the ball back. When they were rolling last year they were playing Henderson over there a lot and TAA/Hendo/Salah had a very good understanding, and Hendo was the main reason that worked. Having Eliiott over there isn’t working right now because he’s always trying to get into the places that Salah wants to get to and he’s not helping out in defense.

This is just one of a couple things that Klopp for whatever reason isn’t doing something about given who he has available, but with more options coming back from injury, it should improve. We have no one in midfield right now that is a ball controller. Both Thiago and Arthur are that type of player. I don’t panic this early in the season. Liverpool were 11 points behind City in January last year and almost won the league. But there are concerns that need to be addressed until the squad is more healthy.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 09-08-2022 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:56 AM   #28
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Overall defending.
Sure, but my point was on that goal it had nothing to do with defensive skill—he just stopped and watched play. It wasn't that he lost track of a man, he just didn't give a single ****.

His defensive qualities not matching his peers has been fine considering his passing skill and vision, regardless of his position. However, that was a player just not caring. I don't think I ever saw Ozil give that little of a ****—close, but not quite.

Not saying it's indicative of something more, just that it was immensely lazy.

Quote:
But I know you don’t watch much other than Arsenal.
I don't give a single hoot about other English clubs, but I do watch other leagues/UEFA competitions.

Quote:
You are better than reverting to the lazy narratives that the announcers use.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #29
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

No doubt, and it’s not the first time he’s switched off like that.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:31 AM   #30
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
He's not a good enough dribbler to take defenders on 1v1 to do that. I just think, like Bret said, he needs better cover at RMF since he's Liverpool's primary deep playmaker. He'll never be an elite defender but with Matip & Konate back he'll have more cover. IF Konate comes back OK he'll be a huge help since he's the most athletic defender they have and when fit, one of the top 3 most athletic CBs in the league.

I do think teams are finally starting to overload that right side while also dribbling at VVD on the other side. For a while, no one dribbled at VVD (rightly so) but it seems like the sharks smell blood.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:44 AM   #31
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

I think we can all agree that Liverpool losing is really the only thing of note for this weeks CL games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 12:30 PM   #32
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
For a while, no one dribbled at VVD (rightly so) but it seems like the sharks smell blood.
I recall some scrub that Arsenal shipped out on loan named Pete, or Pepe going right by him a few times. Wonder happened to that guy...huh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »