Home

NHL Off-Topic thread

This is a discussion on NHL Off-Topic thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #1217
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL Off-Topic thread

The answer to becoming a Ducks fan is always a resounding HELL NO
Old 11-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #1218

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ready-started/

Sounds like a lose-lose on playoff front. Either Bettman gets his way and things stay the same, or whoever is behind the push gets enough support and we have a play in game for the 2nd WC (so 8v9 seed basically).

O well, we probably won't care in 2020 about this anyways because we'll just be waiting until 2021 for NHL to end the lockout.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #1219

Majingir's Arena

So, about those Sens.......

Hockey rarely has these juicy and controversial moments compared to other sports, but this one is big. I don't have an issue with what was said, it's the fact that it went public, and because of the driver himself too. Not even a leak or hack, he purposely did it and seeked out the media after it didn't get attention at first on YouTube.

Everything said is so common in the workplace, whether it be a minimum wage retail job, an office job, or pro sports, everyone has these types of conversations about others at some point. Unfortunately that is what media is picking up on the most.

What should be the story is that an uber driver did this. Because it's hockey it won't get the big attention, but you know if something like this happened to an NBA team, media would be ripping uber big time. Recording people is one thing, but posting video is another. There needs to be laws about handling of these videos. Like what people can do with recorded videos and how long they're allowed to keep videos before deleting them. Especially if there's no security reason for keeping it.

Interesting hockey thought on this I heard, Sens claimed this was dealt with days before video came out. Coincidence that they lost 9-2 days earlier as well? I wonder what made them come clean. Maybe they knew this guy would do something? Gave him a bad review maybe? No tip? Maybe they only found his camera recording near end of drive?

Last edited by Majingir; 11-06-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:59 AM   #1220
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Read something saying he was upset about the tip and started tweeting the video to some media members as a result.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 11-07-2018, 06:27 AM   #1221

Majingir's Arena

Either way, that guy should be fired and probably made an example of to send a message to all drivers about abusing privacy, and to customers who have privacy concerns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #1222

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
NHL Off-Topic thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Either way, that guy should be fired and probably made an example of to send a message to all drivers about abusing privacy, and to customers who have privacy concerns.

Uber allows drivers to use recording devices provided they follow state laws when doing so which vary.

Arizona is a one party consent state so the driver didn’t do anything against either the rules of Uber nor the rules of the state.

That’s from the story in the Washington Post.

I think it would be different if the video was used for any sort of profit or blackmail but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

It would be difficult to fire this driver with cause if all that is true.

Last edited by kehlis; 11-07-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #1223

Majingir's Arena

Recording the video is fine, but posting it is the issue. Especially when it was only posted to hurt those involved. If they hit him or made him uncomfortable in any way, I could understand him wanting to alert people about it. But posting the video of guys saying bad things about their coach, when that's the only thing they did, it's not right.

Is it against the law to actually make that type of video public? I know I heard on tv that in Arizona they are allowed to film someone without that person knowing, but they weren't sure about the rest.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #1224

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Recording the video is fine, but posting it is the issue. Especially when it was only posted to hurt those involved. If they hit him or made him uncomfortable in any way, I could understand him wanting to alert people about it. But posting the video of guys saying bad things about their coach, when that's the only thing they did, it's not right.

Is it against the law to actually make that type of video public? I know I heard on tv that in Arizona they are allowed to film someone without that person knowing, but they weren't sure about the rest.
Like I said, Arizona is a one party consent state meaning he is within his rights to be the only person to consent to camera recording (remember, anything he does could be shown if anything were reversed) so by him consenting to record, the video can be released regardless of circumstance.

That said, I'm not saying it's morally right, it just isn't grounds for termination as it falls within the law.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »