Home

What the hell Patty Kane???

This is a discussion on What the hell Patty Kane??? within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: What the hell Patty Kane???

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
sooooo....you approve of this move, don't approve of this move?? lil bit hard to tell. lil bit.

of course i don't approve of the action, but it's just hilarious (in the sense of, "wtf?") that kane would do something like this. 20 cents? seriously? most random arrest...ever. which is why i don't mind it. if he had done something really serious like other athletes have it'd be different, but now he'll be facing questions like "do you regret getting so upset over 20 cents?" lmao

i can see him being belligerent and it makes me like him even more, lol

Last edited by tyler289; 08-10-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #34
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
How would that be sweet?
Considering what Heatley and Stallworth got compared to Vick and Burress,yah it'd be sweet.

Millions of $ and he beats up a 62 year old cab driver over 20 cents.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #35
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Sports fans in Buffalo have been complaining about how many athletes or public figures get arrested here, and how it must ruin our reputation. Really? Now I've heard everything. Was it Buffalo's fault Kane did what he did?

Exactly. Now put that argument to rest already. Not a good decision by Pat and he may have to live with it for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #36
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Reports/Facts starting to trickle in

from espn

Quote:
Police say the cab driver was beaten because he did not have 20 cents in change to give Kane, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and the NHL rookie of the year the following year. The 62-year-old cab driver, identified as Jan Radecki, said he was punched, grabbed by the throat and had his glasses broken.

His attorney said it is customary for some Buffalo cab drivers to lock the doors of their vehicles with the passengers inside -- if they think they might be stiffed on their fare.

"Early Sunday morning, Pat Kane was involved in an unfortunate situation with a cab driver in Buffalo," Kane's agent, Pat Brisson, said. "The cab driver's attorney in recent media reports was quoted as saying that the incident has been blown out of proportion. Kane has retained Paul Cambria as his attorney in this matter. Cambria has told me that, based on the evidence that he has reviewed in this case, there is no doubt that Mr. Kane will be fully exonerated.

What I can gather, Cabbie had doors locked, Kane payed, Cabbie expected big tip, wouldn't unlock door, and then incident occured.

Now my conclusion is based on that and some reports here by Chicago media, so take with a grain of salt.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't care what the situation was in reality...the fact that he beat up a 62 year old cab driver drives me nuts.

I hope at some point he's in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets the hell beaten out of him. That's the kind of guy that would make it pleasurable to punch him right in the face.

F U kane ya *****!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #38
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
What I can gather, Cabbie had doors locked, Kane payed, Cabbie expected big tip, wouldn't unlock door, and then incident occured.
I think your theory is probably right but still Kane pulled a punk move. He's a fairly well off guy so giving a bigger tip then a regular person isn't going to be the end of the world for him. He should've just paid and be done with it.

The cabbie is not faultless but for heaven's sake show some maturity and back away rather then wailing on a defenseless 62 year old guy.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

lol: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1248404/ the cabbie has been driving without a license. I'm sure Kane's lawyer is gonna attack that point to no end plus the fact that the cabbie has had DUIs makes him even less credible. Additionally his lawyer will probably offload the blame to Kane's cousin for everything that unfolded.

In the end, this is just another blatantly obvious attempt at trying to milk the benjamins from an athlete.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #40
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRruPt-
lol: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1248404/ the cabbie has been driving without a license. I'm sure Kane's lawyer is gonna attack that point to no end plus the fact that the cabbie has had DUIs makes him even less credible. Additionally his lawyer will probably offload the blame to Kane's cousin for everything that unfolded.

In the end, this is just another blatantly obvious attempt at trying to milk the benjamins from an athlete.
Well now we know why the cabbie's lawyer is downplaying this like crazy and seeking an out of court settlement.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »