Home

The Official OS New England Patriots Haterz Club

This is a discussion on The Official OS New England Patriots Haterz Club within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #49
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Official OS New England Patriots Haterz Club

I respect the Patriot organization.

I like Tom Brady as a QB.

That said, I think their head coach is overrated (what did he do before he lucked into starting Tom Brady?), their defense is good...not great, and I hate the fact that they knocked the Steelers out of the 2002 SB.

I hate them, but at the same time I respect them.

It's going to be that much sweeter when the Steelers beat them in the playoffs.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:41 PM   #50
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBox_Roughneck
That said, I think their head coach is overrated (what did he do before he lucked into starting Tom Brady?), their defense is good...not great, and I hate the fact that they knocked the Steelers out of the 2002 SB.
Are you serious?

He won two Super Bowl's as defensive coordinator with the Giants in 1986 and 1990. He was the assistant head coach when the Patriots went to the Super Bowl in 1996. Obviously, as you know, he's won 2 out of the last 3 Super Bowls as head coach.

So, he trails only Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs and Bill Walsh in titles as a head coach and is the only other man in history to win multiple Super Bowls as both an assistant and a head coach.

I'd say he's not overrated at all. Maybe I'm biased but I think he's one of the best coaches of all time.

You should read the book "Patriot Reign" to get a good look inside the Pats' organization and see how Belichick runs things.

Here's something for ya: In Patriot Reign, Belichick was scouting both Tim Rattay and Tom Brady when they were seniors in college. Those were the only two QBs coming out that year (2000) that he wanted. After reviewing both, he decided on Brady. He thought he would be gone in the 3rd round and could not believe when he saw Tom's name still on the board. He then said, "He's too good to be there" and proceeded to draft him with the 199th overall pick in the draft.

Belichick also received heat from within the organization to start Bledsoe when he came back but refused to because he knew how much better Tom was. So please don't say BB was lucky to be starting Tom Brady. Belichick knew long ago that he was going to be good.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:11 PM   #51
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales
Are you serious?

I'd say he's not overrated at all. Maybe I'm biased but I think he's one of the best coaches of all time.

You should read the book "Patriot Reign" to get a good look inside the Pats' organization and see how Belichick runs things.
Ok, he gets props for scouting Brady. He also gets props for being a good defensive coordinator.

He also gets deductions because he didn't really do anything when he was in Clevelend.

Sorry.

He's a good defensive coach. I'll give you that. And based on what you told me he did a great job scouting his future QB.

That's all the props he's going to get from me.
Man, I hope both our teams are at full strength when (if) we meet again. I want to see how the Steelers handle your team with Corey Dillon taking the handoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2004, 12:32 PM   #52
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

OVR: 13

I see those hosers won again.

MIZZOU - KC Chiefs

http://www.geezergamers.com/
Old 11-29-2004, 08:06 PM   #53
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

I heard a bunch of Chowds on JT the Brick last night talking ish that if/when they play the Steelers again they'll win because of Corey Dillon. If anybody can stop Dillon, it's the Steelers. He's not exactly Jim Brown to begin with. They played against him twice a year before 2004 so they know him well. And his former head coach is now our defensive coordinator. So Chowds, explain to me how he'll make such a huge difference?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:13 PM   #54
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm no Chowd, but I think he would make a difference. Enough to win, I dont know? But I know for damn sure we would be in single digits running the ball. There is no way we can allow Faulk to carry the load for us, as you can tell what happens when he does. Brady looked like **** during the game, and the Steelers flat out owned us. That is the one team I do not want to face come January, especially if it happened to be at the Ketchup.

The main difference in a re-match would be having Law and Poole back, instead of Gay and Moreland. Steeler fans have to admit not having those two in the game increases their chances in that game.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 11-29-2004, 08:27 PM   #55
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoBowl
I see those hosers won again.
yep they probably could switch their D to offense and their offense to D and still win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2004, 08:54 PM   #56
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

I want the Patriots to play the Steelers in the playoffs, no matter where it is.

And as far as you guys, the Steelers, doing very well against Dillon...it doesn't matter. The Ravens had previously owned Dillon and he ran for 123 yards against them in awful conditions yesterday. He would absolutely make a difference. You know the Patriots aren't going to throw the ball 50 times and run only 6 if Dillon is playing. He will get his yards and open up the passing game, no matter who New England is facing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »