Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2024, 08:29 AM   #561
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Packs logic is swayed by what his organization (GB) has done with their last 2 QBs but he had/has (if Love turns out to be the real deal) the luxury of having stability at the QB position for 25+ years. The Falcons aren’t the Packers and Kirk ain’t Favre/Rodgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First of all, ain’t no “if” sir. Love is the real deal. Just because ya’ll bum ***es ain’t got no Qb YET don’t mean you gotta question my boy

The other thing is…Kirk doesn’t have to be Favre/Rodgers for it to work. Hell, Alex Smith wasn’t no HOFer either but it still didn’t mean Mahomes didn’t learn anything from him/Reid when he was sitting for a year behind Alex Smith after going 10th overall. And if I recall, I don’t remember anyone giving the Chiefs crap for wasting a top 10 pick on a Qb in the same year they had one of the best records in the league at the time(12-4).

I keep bringing us up because we heard the same **** from people when we drafted Love. “Why wouldn’t they give Rodgers more weapons instead of wasting his years?” Hell, I was one of them!

If folks wanna question paying Kirk, that’s completely fine and I understand. Even if people want to question to the pick selection itself, that’s cool too. My only thing is people acting like there isn’t zero logic to it or pretend like top 5-10 picks haven’t sat or made immediate impacts right away and also acting like Qb Development is linear when we all know that it isn’t.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2024, 03:21 PM   #562
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
First of all, ain’t no “if” sir. Love is the real deal. Just because ya’ll bum ***es ain’t got no Qb YET don’t mean you gotta question my boy

The other thing is…Kirk doesn’t have to be Favre/Rodgers for it to work. Hell, Alex Smith wasn’t no HOFer either but it still didn’t mean Mahomes didn’t learn anything from him/Reid when he was sitting for a year behind Alex Smith after going 10th overall. And if I recall, I don’t remember anyone giving the Chiefs crap for wasting a top 10 pick on a Qb in the same year they had one of the best records in the league at the time(12-4).

I keep bringing us up because we heard the same **** from people when we drafted Love. “Why wouldn’t they give Rodgers more weapons instead of wasting his years?” Hell, I was one of them!

If folks wanna question paying Kirk, that’s completely fine and I understand. Even if people want to question to the pick selection itself, that’s cool too. My only thing is people acting like there isn’t zero logic to it or pretend like top 5-10 picks haven’t sat or made immediate impacts right away and also acting like Qb Development is linear when we all know that it isn’t.

I’ve seen enough of Alex Smith here in DC to know it’s more Andy Reid than Smith but again, there’s a big difference between what happened in KC and Atlanta. Atlanta’s at least 125 mil on Kirk. KC at the time was in the last year of Smith’s deal with only $13 mil left. They even restructured it.

Unless you have your QB of the present and future, I just don’t like investing that much $ into one position with huge uncertainties floating around (will Kirk come back and produce or will Penix turn out to be a stud).

Time will tell but I wish the Falcons nothing but the worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2024, 03:38 PM   #563
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Another big point that seemly nobody is talking about. Do we really think in 2024 a NFL team is going to sit a QB taken 8th overall for 2 years?

If a year from now Penix looks good in preseason like he is ready. Do we really think he isn't going to get the chance to start week 1. If that's the case this actually looks worse because Cousins isn't going to stick around as a backup and you've officially wasted 70 something million. The fan base has zero attachment to Cousins so will quickly start calling for the backup when things go bad.
Old 04-29-2024, 04:43 PM   #564

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Another big point that seemly nobody is talking about. Do we really think in 2024 a NFL team is going to sit a QB taken 8th overall for 2 years?

If a year from now Penix looks good in preseason like he is ready. Do we really think he isn't going to get the chance to start week 1. If that's the case this actually looks worse because Cousins isn't going to stick around as a backup and you've officially wasted 70 something million. The fan base has zero attachment to Cousins so will quickly start calling for the backup when things go bad.

I do, yes. Are we forgetting he tore his Achilles heal last year and hasn’t played a game since?

If he’s good to go, he will start. Penix is a safety net.

(Doesn’t mean I agree with them drafting them where he did)

I don’t think any team wants to make the mistake the Broncos just did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-30-2024, 07:26 AM   #565
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan

Then you move him if he doesn’t want to stick around after getting replaced.

But if you think he’ll be sitting 2 years, then that means you also think Kirk will be good and the Falcons will be good during that span. Keep in mind, he’s gonna be in the same boat as Rodgers where we don’t know what they’ll look like coming off a Torn Achilles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2024, 10:01 PM   #566
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

If these Justin Fields returning punts rumors are true, the guy's QB career is done. You don't use a QB to return punts in the NFL...
Old 05-02-2024, 11:18 PM   #567
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
If these Justin Fields returning punts rumors are true, the guy's QB career is done. You don't use a QB to return punts in the NFL...

"The Return of Slash"
Old 05-03-2024, 03:29 AM   #568
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Lol Slash was that dude during the 90s man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »