Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-13-2024, 04:12 PM   #377
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Steelers and veteran WR have mutual interest in a deal

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Steelers have made some huge moves early in free agency. Their signing of linebacker Patrick Queen was a historic one, as it was the largest free agent deal the team has ever handed out.

Queen was a big signing as he fills a major need on the Steelers’ defense. They have been desperately trying to find a replacement for Ryan Shazier since his career-ending injury and have yet to fill the void successfully.

There is optimism that Queen can get the job done. Arguably the best part of his acquisition is that it directly weakens one of their rivals. Queen spent the first four seasons of his career with the Baltimore Ravens before coming over to Pittsburgh.

Could he soon be joined by another former rival? According to Wesley Cohen on X, there is mutual interest between the Steelers and free agent wide receiver, Tyler Boyd. Boyd was a second-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals but is a local kid who played collegiately at Pittsburgh.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...4c35afab&ei=11
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 03-13-2024, 05:21 PM   #378
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Before we got Roquan Queen was benched in favor of Bynes. Its not a coincidence that he had a career year year playing alongside Roquan. I expect a dropoff next season, only question is of how much.

As Steelerfan mentioned by the end of the year we had Myles Jack out there, I'll take the chance. Steelers love scheming LBs to shadow slot WR or decent tight ends over the middle of the field.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 03-13-2024, 07:46 PM   #379
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
They can take an $85mil cap hit now... which is basically impossible.. so its $35.4mil for 2024 and $49.6mil for 2025.
Apparently they can choose to take the higher cap hit this season. I haven't heard what they chose but it would make sense to take the bigger hit this season

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 03-13-2024, 08:33 PM   #380
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
As Steelerfan mentioned by the end of the year we had Myles Jack out there, I'll take the chance. Steelers love scheming LBs to shadow slot WR or decent tight ends over the middle of the field.
Yeah Queen is pretty good in coverage. And its a friendly deal to the Steelers. They can basically move on from him after next year which surprised me a bit.

Ravens fans have seen this before with Ray Lewis. Ray made every LB we lined up next to him look better and I suspect the same thing was going on with Roquan and Patrick, which is why Houston scoffed at Queen wanting over $10 mil a year.

But they way its structured, its a great signing for Pitt
Old 03-13-2024, 09:19 PM   #381
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Good luck Mason....

Quote:
Mason Rudolph, Titans agree to one-year deal

Quote:
Quarterback Mason Rudolph will not be returning to Pittsburgh for 2024.

Per Mike Garafolo of NFL Media, Rudolph has agreed to a one-year deal with the Titans worth up to $3.62 million.

Rudolph, 28, had been with the Steelers since the club selected him in the third round of the 2018 draft. He took over as the team’s starter late in the 2023 season after Kenny Pickett had suffered an ankle injury and Mitch Trubisky proved ineffective.

Pittsburgh won its last three games of the regular season went Rudolph at QB, earning a playoff berth as the No. 7 seed. But it was a short run, as the Steelers lost to the Bills in the wild card round.

Rudolph completed 55-of-74 passes for 719 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions during the 2023 regular season. He finished his first postseason start 22-of-39 for 229 yards with two touchdowns and one pick.

While Rudolph started eight games in 2019 when Ben Roethlisberger was sidelined by an elbow injury, it took until 2023 for him to start multiple games in a season again. He started one game in 2020 and another in 2021 before serving as Pittsburgh’s third QB in 2022.

In 21 career games with 13 starts, Rudolph has completed 63.5 percent of his passes for 3,085 yards with 19 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He’s compiled an 8-4-1 record as a starter.

Now headed to Tennessee, Rudolph is expected to serve as the backup to rising second-year quarterback Will Levis. The Titans also currently have 2022 third-round pick Malik Willis on their roster.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mason-r...210137168.html
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2024, 08:00 AM   #382
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Is Cousins even going to be healthy Week 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM   #383

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Apparently they can choose to take the higher cap hit this season. I haven't heard what they chose but it would make sense to take the bigger hit this season

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

53 this year and 32 next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-14-2024, 11:55 AM   #384
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Zay Flowers hands
Spelled “Lamar Jackson Legs” wrong but I respect you going with the easy answer lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »