Home

Week 9 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 9 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-02-2023, 11:44 PM   #25
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Week 9 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Pickett was really bad in the first half, but it had to be his ribs. Their play calling completely changed in the second half, with nearly every throw being within a few yards of the LOS. That's a pretty clear indicator to me that Kenny was hurting.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Gotta get Pickens more involved, supposedly Diontae had to calm him down.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 09:01 AM   #26
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Just a few observations after last night's game.

I have been very critical of Canada and rightfully so, however I felt he called a better game last night, now could this be due in part to being on the sidelines for the first time in his career? Who knows but I feel it is better for a coach to be on the sidelines to get "up close and personal" with the players.

I still believe he's not the answer going forward, but glad to see it was a little bit better.

As far as Pickett goes, I don't believe he's the long term answer for the Steelers, whether his ribs were still an issue or not, he missed throws that should not have been missed....

1-Johnson sat down in zone coverage very early in the game, and Pickett sails it over his head..

2-The underneath crosser to Pickens who had easily beat his man, Pickett sails it again...

3-The deep pass attempt to Austin in which a properly placed pass would've resulted in a TD, but Pickett missed it.

But I will say that he made a couple of throws that were nice, but I feel that if the defense doesn't keep the team "in the game" neither Canada nor Pickett have the capability to comeback from a deficit larger than 10-14 points...just my opinion.

Jones played an overall nice game getting his first start on the Oline, accept for the bonehead play towards the end of the game that nearly cost the Steelers.
JPJ played an awful game, not sure what was going on there, but he was all "handsy" last night and it definitely helped the Titans with key first downs.

The running game was going pretty good as well, although I will say that the C Cole has to be replaced, and replaced SOON...he's a damn turn style and gets beat frequently, and still had issues snapping the ball in shotgun formation.

I don't see Pickens lasting long in Pittsburgh, he is a dynamic receiver and can be a real game changer, but for some unknown reason Canada just does not involve him much in the gameplan...could that be due to teams double coverage? who knows, but I see a "diva" in the making...there was a shot late in the game, I believe it was Johnsons TD and it clearly showed Pickens on the bench with a towel over his head which appeared to me like he was not happy at all. He also needs to learn how to toe drag, definitely a missed opportunity there in the endzone.

Speaking of Johnson, I could not believe when it was said that his last TD was with Ben!..

Overall obviously the win is nice, I just feel that the Steelers are still not "ready for primetime"....
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-03-2023, 09:17 AM   #27
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Just a few observations after last night's game.

I have been very critical of Canada and rightfully so, however I felt he called a better game last night, now could this be due in part to being on the sidelines for the first time in his career? Who knows but I feel it is better for a coach to be on the sidelines to get "up close and personal" with the players.

I still believe he's not the answer going forward, but glad to see it was a little bit better.

As far as Pickett goes, I don't believe he's the long term answer for the Steelers, whether his ribs were still an issue or not, he missed throws that should not have been missed....

1-Johnson sat down in zone coverage very early in the game, and Pickett sails it over his head..

2-The underneath crosser to Pickens who had easily beat his man, Pickett sails it again...

3-The deep pass attempt to Austin in which a properly placed pass would've resulted in a TD, but Pickett missed it.

But I will say that he made a couple of throws that were nice, but I feel that if the defense doesn't keep the team "in the game" neither Canada nor Pickett have the capability to comeback from a deficit larger than 10-14 points...just my opinion.

Jones played an overall nice game getting his first start on the Oline, accept for the bonehead play towards the end of the game that nearly cost the Steelers.

JPJ played an awful game, not sure what was going on there, but he was all "handsy" last night and it definitely helped the Titans with key first downs.

The running game was going pretty good as well, although I will say that the C Cole has to be replaced, and replaced SOON...he's a damn turn style and gets beat frequently, and still had issues snapping the ball in shotgun formation.

I don't see Pickens lasting long in Pittsburgh, he is a dynamic receiver and can be a real game changer, but for some unknown reason Canada just does not involve him much in the gameplan...could that be due to teams double coverage? who knows, but I see a "diva" in the making...there was a shot late in the game, I believe it was Johnsons TD and it clearly showed Pickens on the bench with a towel over his head which appeared to me like he was not happy at all. He also needs to learn how to toe drag, definitely a missed opportunity there in the endzone.

Speaking of Johnson, I could not believe when it was said that his last TD was with Ben!..

Overall obviously the win is nice, I just feel that the Steelers are still not "ready for primetime"....
Agree with everything you said.

This **** still bothers how he didn't get 2 feet inbounds here. Attachment 208883

Last edited by jeebs9; 11-03-2023 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:37 AM   #28
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Agree with everything you said.

This **** still bothers how he didn't get 2 feet inbounds here. Attachment 208883
Exactly, it's like he has no sideline awareness at all...he had more than enough room to toe drag, toe tap or whatever...lol

I mean does he still think he's playing college football?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 11-03-2023, 10:57 AM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Exactly, it's like he has no sideline awareness at all...he had more than enough room to toe drag, toe tap or whatever...lol

He honestly might have thought the rules are the same. He looked to be in disbelief when it was ruled incomplete even though it was clear as day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-03-2023, 11:08 AM   #30
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:

Exactly!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
He honestly might have thought the rules are the same. He looked to be in disbelief when it was ruled incomplete even though it was clear as day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm sorry but I think you're making excuses for a professional football player. All I practiced was sideline awareness when I played. This seems like a concentration issue. It shows all over the offense. These little details missing. Like Kramer said. He could of literally done anything to keep that last foot in.

Too add the list of ways. He could of caught it and then dead stick/log (just fell to the ground. One knee = two feet)

Last edited by jeebs9; 11-03-2023 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:27 AM   #31
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Here is Pickens after the TD by Johnson, which hasn't happened since Big Ben played....

Does this look like a great team player? looks to me more like someone pouting that he isn't in the limelight, I would think he would be happier for Johnson finally getting into the endzone.
Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 11:50 AM   #32
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Here is Pickens after the TD by Johnson, which hasn't happened since Big Ben played....

Does this look like a great team player? looks to me more like someone pouting that he isn't in the limelight, I would think he would be happier for Johnson finally getting into the endzone.
Ok now you're pushing it lol. It's a photo. I'm not about to jump all in on this. Anything could be happening here. Literally anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »