Home

NBA Off Topic Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Off Topic Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-18-2022, 10:10 AM   #433
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Off Topic Thread

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...en-utah-jazzs/

Quote:
Purple wasn’t the plan for the franchise’s rebrand, but became the plan after initial public reaction to the black/white/yellow scheme was exceptionally critical. But because they locked in that latter scheme with Nike, the purple jerseys are either the “City” jerseys or the “Classic” set, expected to change every year. That’s why the video also revealed two new other purple jerseys, to be worn in the 2023-24 season.

Keep the slander alive boys, they hear us.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 06-18-2022, 10:35 AM   #434
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I kinda like the black and yellow scheme I just wish the jerseys weren't so generic lol

But yeah, bringing the purple back is 100% a "we ****ed up" move, they'll be full-time after one year

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 06-18-2022, 12:30 PM   #435
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Agreed.

I’d gladly take making the second round once or twice in a 3-5 year span of making the playoffs knowing full well that my team doesn’t have a championship roster or superstar player.

There’s just something different about how you feel about a season when your team makes the playoffs vs. not making the playoffs at all.

I’m cool with it as long as we don’t get swept lol. If you make it to the playoffs you gotta at least win one game to talk about.
Yeah, I'm sure teams like Kings, Pacers, Knicks would gladly take a stretch like the 7 seconds or less Suns. Being a fun, ultra-competitive team that's a lock for 2nd or conference finals. Yeah winning a chip is important, it's not everything. Plus teams have to be realistic with themselves. When Sixers got Harden, I wasn't expecting a ring. Heck, I was glad they got to the second round. I knew with their lack of depth and the usual disappearing act by Harden, that they weren't going far. So, this season wasn't a failure for the Sixers.

While saying that, I'm not just talking about an annual playoff team that fizzles out. I'm talking about a playoff team with a clear identity/culture. The team that the whole fanbase rallies behind and is known throughout league. Where they might not be a true contender, but you know it's a battle every game. While I'm glad Sixers made the second round the last 3 of 4 years and had a legit chance in each of them to move to the Conference finals, they don't fall into that category I'm talking about. They haven't had a true identity or that culture. They're just going off of nature talent. I want their identity to match that Philly culture of being gritty, blue collar, tough, hustle. They don't have that type of player on the team. So for me, give me TJ McConnell(who the fanbase loved when he was there) and someone like Marcus Morris(who fits the bill and is from Philly). So for me, improving their bench with guys who fit that Philly culture will make them more of a team the fanbase can get behind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2022, 03:28 PM   #436
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Agreed.

I’d gladly take making the second round once or twice in a 3-5 year span of making the playoffs knowing full well that my team doesn’t have a championship roster or superstar player.

There’s just something different about how you feel about a season when your team makes the playoffs vs. not making the playoffs at all.

I’m cool with it as long as we don’t get swept lol. If you make it to the playoffs you gotta at least win one game to talk about.

For sure. Hell, I’m not even a Wizards fan but I was getting kinda excited with their obviously flukey hot start this season and it felt like people around DC were starting to get excited some too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 06-18-2022, 03:30 PM   #437
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yeah, I'm sure teams like Kings, Pacers, Knicks would gladly take a stretch like the 7 seconds or less Suns. Being a fun, ultra-competitive team that's a lock for 2nd or conference finals. Yeah winning a chip is important, it's not everything. Plus teams have to be realistic with themselves. When Sixers got Harden, I wasn't expecting a ring. Heck, I was glad they got to the second round. I knew with their lack of depth and the usual disappearing act by Harden, that they weren't going far. So, this season wasn't a failure for the Sixers.

While saying that, I'm not just talking about an annual playoff team that fizzles out. I'm talking about a playoff team with a clear identity/culture. The team that the whole fanbase rallies behind and is known throughout league. Where they might not be a true contender, but you know it's a battle every game. While I'm glad Sixers made the second round the last 3 of 4 years and had a legit chance in each of them to move to the Conference finals, they don't fall into that category I'm talking about. They haven't had a true identity or that culture. They're just going off of nature talent. I want their identity to match that Philly culture of being gritty, blue collar, tough, hustle. They don't have that type of player on the team. So for me, give me TJ McConnell(who the fanbase loved when he was there) and someone like Marcus Morris(who fits the bill and is from Philly). So for me, improving their bench with guys who fit that Philly culture will make them more of a team the fanbase can get behind

I’ll take everything you said except for the guy who was coaching the 7 seconds or less

You guys have arguably the MVP on your team. That gives you something additional to root for as a fan.
Old 06-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #438
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

NBA Off Topic Thread

I’d rather be the 15 Royals or 08 Celtics than those Suns. Give me the chip. Otherwise, just let us suck. Don’t give me hope.

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 06-18-2022 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:59 PM   #439
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

FVfk4KJVEAIfaJ9.jpg

A simple adjustment that would help with the generic-ness tremendously

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 06-18-2022, 06:13 PM   #440
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

I don’t know if it’s the font or the shade of yellow but some combination of those is the problem to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »