Home

The worst pick up players.

This is a discussion on The worst pick up players. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The worst pick up players.

I've got more.

The guy who tries to "coach" you and tell you what and what not to do.

The guy who takes it to the hoop to the same side every single time they get the ball.

The guy who snags all the offensive boards but never finishes the play.

The guy who'll post up his man and when you throw him the pass, he NEVER catches it cleanly.

The guy who has all the strength available to him, but gets the ball, posts up for about 1 second, and then goes with a fadeway jumper.

The, "I'm taller than everyone else and could possibly dominate the paint BUT I don't feel like it", guy (I might be guilty of this one)

The guy with beastly handles but no ball control or passing skill.

The guy who trash talks you to an oblivion if he steals the ball from you or blocks your shot

The tall guy who gets blocked by his defender who is much shorter than him

The guy who gets his *** owned, lets his man burn him and if his man scores, he complains about a "lack of help defense".

The "I think I'm Dirk Nowitzki" guy. It's OK to be a faceup big guy, but STOP CHUCKING 3'S!

The guy who posts up and tries all these post moves, traveling about 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time, he misses/gets the ball stripped.

Last edited by TheUpperLegion; 02-23-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: had even more to add :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
The guy that OD's trying to get a rebound. Im all for hustle and bustle and everything of the sort but no need to punch me in the face every time the ball is in the air.

The worst are the "im on the school bball team so I wont even bother with you guys" guys. Because when they actually decide to grace you with their talents, they make you wonder why your not on the school team....
I might be guilty of this one but it's really truly only when I'm playing with people that are also on the team. I mean, I'm more comfortable with them and I feel more confident giving them the ball. But if I'm just playing with other guys, not on the team, I make sure I spread the ball around.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 12

The guy that tries to run a motion offense in a pickup game, calling for backscreens and such

The guy that yells, "HELL NAW" whenever anybody shoots

The 6'6 guy that dunks on a 5'10 dude and taunts, "GET YO *** UP!"

The guy that really plays PF or C but feels the need to take on the PG role at the park because he is a "real basketball player".
Old 02-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #68
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threes_Co.
The guy that tries to run a motion offense in a pickup game, calling for backscreens and such

The guy that yells, "HELL NAW" whenever anybody shoots

The 6'6 guy that dunks on a 5'10 dude and taunts, "GET YO *** UP!"

The guy that really plays PF or C but feels the need to take on the PG role at the park because he is a "real basketball player".
a pickup game is exactly when you SHOULD be doing that because you don't have set plays. if you aren't running off a screen or setting a screen what the **** are you doing? lol. thats how the game of basketball is played you got to use your teammates to get open
Old 02-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
a pickup game is exactly when you SHOULD be doing that because you don't have set plays. if you aren't running off a screen or setting a screen what the **** are you doing? lol. thats how the game of basketball is played you got to use your teammates to get open
On-ball screens and backdoor cuts are fine. Yelling at a teammate b/c he didn't set you a screen for you to curl off like Ray Allen is not.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #70
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threes_Co.
On-ball screens and backdoor cuts are fine. Yelling at a teammate b/c he didn't set you a screen for you to curl off like Ray Allen is not.
i'm a big so i set screens a lot, when my teammate curls off it for an easy bucket is a beautiful thing. to me thats like an assist. and there is nothing better in basketball than to set up your teammates for easy scores. lots of times i set downscreens to get a shooter/perimeter player open on the wing, if that doesn't work then i immediately post up and thats when i want the ball to either collapse the defense or let me make a 1 on 1 move. to me, thats basketball 101, if my teammates don't get that theres a solid chance its not going to be a very fun game.

also, if my teammate is on the perimeter already and i set a backscreen, of the best things for a shooter to do is use it, then stop and turn right back around and bring his defender off the screen again. if my teammates don't want me to set off-ball screens for them ... well idk but that wouldn't be basketball.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #71
Banned

I respect your play style but I've just never been one to set off-ball screens in a streetball game.

I can tell you're one of those guys who loves doing the dirty work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #72
MVP

HotSauce2k3's Arena

OVR: 13

I'll admit I have been the fake hustle guy in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »