Home

The worst pick up players.

This is a discussion on The worst pick up players. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2024, 11:17 PM   #1257
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The worst pick up players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Either way, I'm quite unnerved at the prospect of microfracture surgery, just on account of everything I've seen and read about its drawbacks over the years. Can't help but think of Amar'e and Penny. I'm betting it's what I need, but I'm getting a second opinion just in case.

So anyway, looks like I've got a fun summer waiting for me.
Fun fact: After undergoing microfracture surgery last summer followed by six months of rehab, a follow-up MRI in January revealed that my microfracture procedure had failed.

I'd been open about my skepticism of undergoing the procedure in 2023 but I hate that I seemed to be right. Now I'm meeting with a younger surgeon who is recommending I undergo an OATS procedure this summer on the same knee. Whereas microfracture surgery relies upon my body to grow new cartilage (it didn't), OATS takes cartilage from another part of my knee and patches the defect directly. I am optimistic of a better outcome but I am not looking forward to losing another summer due to injury.

In some ways, I suppose I'm grateful I just about made it to 40 without sustaining any sort of serious knee injury, considering the wear and tear I ran myself through over the course from playing three consecutive decades of basketball.
Old 02-26-2024, 06:04 AM   #1258
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Fun fact: After undergoing microfracture surgery last summer followed by six months of rehab, a follow-up MRI in January revealed that my microfracture procedure had failed.

I'd been open about my skepticism of undergoing the procedure in 2023 but I hate that I seemed to be right. Now I'm meeting with a younger surgeon who is recommending I undergo an OATS procedure this summer on the same knee. Whereas microfracture surgery relies upon my body to grow new cartilage (it didn't), OATS takes cartilage from another part of my knee and patches the defect directly. I am optimistic of a better outcome but I am not looking forward to losing another summer due to injury.

In some ways, I suppose I'm grateful I just about made it to 40 without sustaining any sort of serious knee injury, considering the wear and tear I ran myself through over the course from playing three consecutive decades of basketball.
Man good luck on this journey!!!

I wouldn't say I've given up on pick up ball. But I'm sticking in my lane at this age. I picked up rollerblading last summer. It's been a fun little experience. I get the cardio I need. But every now and then I'll just hit a basketball streak during the summer. PXL_20230902_214211248.jpg

Just for context. I'm wearing impact shorts and these invisible knee pads underneath my jeans (above). So I won't be shocked if this stuff makes it on to a basketball court. I just don't got time to get hurt right now.

Last edited by jeebs9; 02-26-2024 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-26-2024, 09:39 AM   #1259
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Was already planning on getting back into Rollerblading this year but that picture reminding me to go ahead and order these bad boys now lol
Old 02-27-2024, 06:38 PM   #1260
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Man good luck on this journey!!!

I wouldn't say I've given up on pick up ball. But I'm sticking in my lane at this age. I picked up rollerblading last summer. It's been a fun little experience. I get the cardio I need. But every now and then I'll just hit a basketball streak during the summer. Attachment 210513

Just for context. I'm wearing impact shorts and these invisible knee pads underneath my jeans (above). So I won't be shocked if this stuff makes it on to a basketball court. I just don't got time to get hurt right now.
I'd been blading for years prior to my knee issue. It's an amazing alternate means to get a workout. I abandoned it for years because it fell out of fashion but I'm glad I circled back around.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:49 AM   #1261
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I avoided it because I never wanted to smack my face into the concrete lol. I'm not good at anything that requires wheels or a board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2024, 09:13 AM   #1262
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

How cool would it be to have everyone here meet up at a court to hoop?

I mean, it probably woulda been more interesting about 10 years ago. Now it'd just be a bunch of old heads huffing and puffing, moving slow and just posting up every trip like a 5 on 5 Big3 game

"Trip"...just caught that I wrote that. Know damn well this'll be a half court game

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 03-05-2024, 08:31 PM   #1263
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I avoided it because I never wanted to smack my face into the concrete lol. I'm not good at anything that requires wheels or a board.
Look I haven't been rollerblading since I was 15-16 years old. I'm 40 now. Get a helmet and pads. I would even go to basketball courts and circle around that for a little then play ball. It was rough. But it was definitely worth it. To build up to that photo above. Now I rollerblade pretty much anywhere. I snowboard during the winter. I can tell my body is way more prepared than years before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
How cool would it be to have everyone here meet up at a court to hoop?

I mean, it probably woulda been more interesting about 10 years ago. Now it'd just be a bunch of old heads huffing and puffing, moving slow and just posting up every trip like a 5 on 5 Big3 game

"Trip"...just caught that I wrote that. Know damn well this'll be a half court game

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Hahahahahahahaha I actually would love to do something like that. I've tried to meet up with forum members over the years. It always falls part. But I totally agree it's halfcourt or everyone is playing defense

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »