Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2024, 06:40 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Get ready to pay up my boy, he ain't cheap
I know, I didn't want to even mention him lol. Danny Ainge isn't going to let a good young white player in Utah go for cheap lol. But, he would be a great offensive fit next to Embiid and Maxey. He would add much needed size, 40% 3pt shooter at a high clip, and add more rebounding. I don't think he's a realistic trade target, I can Utah trying to make moves to be more competitive.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:52 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Ham officially out as Lakers’ HC.

When will Rob be next?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coaching fire so universally liked across the internet as the Lakers fan applauding gettin rid of Ham lol.

I do think part of their issues started with Rob, Jeanie, whoever’s unwillingness to offer Ty Lue a respectable contract. You could argue not pulling the trigger on a Kyrie trade (if possible) as well.

Perhaps they believed getting Bron’s guys was giving him too much power, especially after he endorsed the Russ move. But man it’s tough to deny watching Kyrie for Dallas right now would have given the Lakers a much better shot in these Denver games that came down to a few late possessions.

I was shocked the entire staff was let go given Phil Handy’s connection to Bron, and he’s been working with AR too. But I guess that doesn’t mean he can’t be brought back with the new staff.
Old 05-06-2024, 12:14 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I’m seeing the Pelicans are expected to not offer Brandon Ingram a contract extension. I assume this puts him on the trade block this off-season.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:34 AM   #20
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Per Yahoo Sports:

https://x.com/yahoosports/status/178...qEId3d4KHhv-qw
Old 05-06-2024, 08:37 AM   #21
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coaching fire so universally liked across the internet as the Lakers fan applauding gettin rid of Ham lol.
Might be the only franchise who fans wanted their coach gone by year 2.

That fanbase don’t believe in Stability. What I want to know is how long is that Bubble Ring gonna carry Rob for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2024, 08:38 AM   #22
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Wonder how the Clippers offseason goes. Obviously, Paul George is the priority, then they'll decide on Harden. Apparently, they don't want to give PG 13 the full max. I do wonder how PG13 considers the Kawhi Leonard health uncertainty and Harden consistent playoff drop-offs. I just don't see how they can just run that back as is unless they're certain that Kawhi can stay healthy.

As a Sixers fan, honestly, I'm good on PG13. Just like I'm good on Bron, KD, and Jimmy Butler. I'm good on either trading for and or maxing a mid 30s forwards. All three would be 5 years too late for me. I rather take the Denver Nuggets team building approach then going all in with a big 3. If we're making a "significant" trade, I'd rather go after someone like Lauri Markkanen or Mikal Bridges. If not, I rather have a deeper roster. I'd rather trade for guys like Deni Avdija and Alex Caruso, resign Oubre and Batum, sign either Drummond or Eubanks as backup Center, a backup PG like Dennis Smith Jr., another 3 & D wing, and another stretch 5. That would be a good 10-11 players
So you’re good with Philly wasting Embiid’s best years then? Like as far as trying to maximize their chances while he can still be real effective.
Old 05-06-2024, 09:32 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
So you’re good with Philly wasting Embiid’s best years then? Like as far as trying to maximize their chances while he can still be real effective.
No, definitely not. I get the idea of going all in. My only hang up is, who is the big name it that's realistic to require and raises them to legit contender status. It would one thing if you're talking about a young PG13 young Klay Thompson. I think a young Klay would be the best fit as a legit 3 and D wing who doesn't need the ball. All these speculated guys are Mid-Thirties. I do think next year would've been the better year to have a lot of cap space

My thing about Big Threes is that I'm more concerned about fit more than just assembling the most talent. With Maxey and Embiid expected to have high usages, that third guy needs to be a legit high clip 3 and D wing who doesn't need to high usage. I would be okay with Paul George because he's a high clip 3 point shooter and still a plus defender. Also, because it would allow the Sixers to maintain their draft assets. That way, they could use those picks in order to help get better players since they'll likely be a 2nd apron team. In a perfect world, Maxey-George-Embiid would be the big 3. They could use those draft assets to get a couple guys like Caruso and Avdija. Maxey-Caruso-George-Avdija-Embiid would be a strong lineup. Then, resign Oubre to the ML. Sign either Drummond or Eubanks as backup Center. Then they would just need a legit vet backup PG. That would be a very good top 8.

I would be okay with Jimmy Butler. But, we know he'll BS through most of the season, not shoot 3s, and miss 25-30 games.

My only hangup with PG13 is how much of this is just him using Sixers(and Magic) as leverage. I think if Clippers were willing to offer his full max, I think he would've already signed. I only see him opt out if he can't trust Kawhi's health going forward.

Last edited by illwill10; 05-06-2024 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:00 AM   #24
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Ingram should fetch a pretty good haul, I just don't know what it is they are looking for. I would look to trade C.J as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I’m seeing the Pelicans are expected to not offer Brandon Ingram a contract extension. I assume this puts him on the trade block this off-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »