Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-23-2024, 11:30 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
So what do yall say is the general trade value for Trae Young? This seems like the first offseason where I could finally get my wish.

Because I see lakers fan not wanting to include Austin Reeves in any trade. The Spurs fans don't want to include like Keldon Johnson or give back the draft picks.

The media is going to talk about the garbage lakers offer and that's a 2K trade not a realistic one. Remember Atlanta can't just tank as San Antonio controls their draft pick for the next 3 years. The teams that make sense are limited however The Spurs and Magic both seems like good fits with a bunch of assets to trade for him.
Part of me feels like the interest from SA might not be there, I feel like they would have more interest in trying to bring back Murray. But I have no idea Atlanta's level of interest in moving both, or multiple pieces in general.

Lakers will have 3 first round picks. But if Atlanta is aiming to compete they are going to need something back in return and I don't think they have much to offer or are willing to offer.

I don't think Orlando needs him, or any PG. But I'm not running the Orlando Magic so who knows. Suggs is an excellent point of attack defender and the offense is going to run more and more through Paolo and Franz.. I think they need an off-ball shooter more than a ball dominant guard.

I also wonder what Young's value is. This is consecutive years (I couldn't find the '22 results) of him being listed with the most overrated in the anonymous players poll. Makes me wonder how coaches, GMs view him as well. He wasn't an All-Star last year, isn't cracking All-NBA teams every year, so basically he's "overrated" despite only being a fringe All-Star to begin with, seems a bit harsh honestly.

I'm not sure what is realistic. Washington to move off of the Poole trade but idk how excited Atlanta gets about that. I could see Phoenix wanting to do a Beal swap but I think they are out of assets, Atlanta wouldn't want just Beal, and Beal's NTC transferred so why would he want to move either? I could see maybe the Nets getting involved, they have a long jam of solid wing players and they probably value Trae at least a bit more than Dennis. If the Pelicans and CJ keep struggling maybe there is something there that could happen too. They don't really have an actual PG and have enough defenders around Trae to make that work. They already have those same issues with CJ.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:26 PM   #10
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I don’t wanna speak in absolutes but I highly doubt the Nets get involved in acquiring Trae.

Marks has pretty much said he wants them being “flexible” and in a position to grab one of the “big fish” if they happen to become available, which does happen quite frequently. If not, they’ll be fine waiting it out to next offseason when they have more money off the books, especially *that* guy’s contract being freed.

I know March Stein mentioned Spurs and Murray reuniting and also a possible CP3 move for the short term as they continue to focusing on the development of Big Vic.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:00 PM   #11
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

It's hard to see a offer that's coming that will blow Atlanta away enough to move trade when it all comes down to it. I'm not looking to move Murray for the salary filler and two 1st down the line from LA. Because that's not going to get you out of the play in. I mentioned Orlando because it seems like they need some shooting after they lose in the 1st round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2024, 05:09 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

Unless you are giving him to me for free (salary and middling picks), keep him.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:37 PM   #13
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Who’s the next coach for the Lakers going to be?
Old 05-03-2024, 03:56 PM   #14
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Ham officially out as Lakers’ HC.

When will Rob be next?
Old 05-05-2024, 12:53 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Icon6 Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Wonder how the Clippers offseason goes. Obviously, Paul George is the priority, then they'll decide on Harden. Apparently, they don't want to give PG 13 the full max. I do wonder how PG13 considers the Kawhi Leonard health uncertainty and Harden consistent playoff drop-offs. I just don't see how they can just run that back as is unless they're certain that Kawhi can stay healthy.

As a Sixers fan, honestly, I'm good on PG13. Just like I'm good on Bron, KD, and Jimmy Butler. I'm good on either trading for and or maxing a mid 30s forwards. All three would be 5 years too late for me. I rather take the Denver Nuggets team building approach then going all in with a big 3. If we're making a "significant" trade, I'd rather go after someone like Lauri Markkanen or Mikal Bridges. If not, I rather have a deeper roster. I'd rather trade for guys like Deni Avdija and Alex Caruso, resign Oubre and Batum, sign either Drummond or Eubanks as backup Center, a backup PG like Dennis Smith Jr., another 3 & D wing, and another stretch 5. That would be a good 10-11 players

Last edited by illwill10; 05-05-2024 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2024, 04:38 PM   #16
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
If we're making a "significant" trade, I'd rather go after someone like Lauri Markkanen
Get ready to pay up my boy, he ain't cheap

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »