Home

1/30 - 2/15 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 1/30 - 2/15 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-31-2024, 08:21 PM   #17
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 1/30 - 2/15 Games Discussion Thread

Driving team (Magic) vs Spurs (Wemby). This should be fun
Old 01-31-2024, 08:30 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Besides the above. I'm so disappointed that so many key players are out tonight.

No Luka vs the Wolves
Zion out vs the Rockets
Jokic out for the Thunder

All really great match up if only those players players SMH
Old 01-31-2024, 09:15 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I get that but some instances it isn’t in their control and in years past players under the same circumstance weren’t getting their money taken away. So I definitely get players having the “this hurts me but it didn’t effect this guy or this guy” mindset.

Not saying what you’re describing isn’t fair but I do feel like if players are missing games for reasons out of their control it does become a bit unfair. And I do think someone getting hurt and missing like 60 games is different than someone actually getting hurt but making a comeback and missing that 65 game mark by like 2-3 games because of that.. especially if that player felt “good to go” but was held out and extra few days from the medical team. And we’ve been told that happens all the time.
Is the contract in their control though? Genuine question, seems like in the NBA there is less freedom to "customize" contracts.

The NFL part of my brain wants to say "well you agreed to a incentive heavy contract instead of having a higher salary so deal with it" but I don't know if that reasoning applies to NBA contracts*.

*I would like to take this time to say I strongly dislike the NBA's "max contract" system.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:20 PM   #20

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I get that but some instances it isn’t in their control and in years past players under the same circumstance weren’t getting their money taken away. So I definitely get players having the “this hurts me but it didn’t effect this guy or this guy” mindset.

Not saying what you’re describing isn’t fair but I do feel like if players are missing games for reasons out of their control it does become a bit unfair. And I do think someone getting hurt and missing like 60 games is different than someone actually getting hurt but making a comeback and missing that 65 game mark by like 2-3 games because of that.. especially if that player felt “good to go” but was held out and extra few days from the medical team. And we’ve been told that happens all the time.
I just have less faith that there would be an an endpoint. If you lower it to 60 and a guy is at 59, why should that cost him $40M? Maybe he missed the game because of an Ayton situation. That could seem unreasonable using this logic.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:33 PM   #21
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Is the contract in their control though? Genuine question, seems like in the NBA there is less freedom to "customize" contracts.

The NFL part of my brain wants to say "well you agreed to a incentive heavy contract instead of having a higher salary so deal with it" but I don't know if that reasoning applies to NBA contracts*.

*I would like to take this time to say I strongly dislike the NBA's "max contract" system.
For the most part, no.

They can tell their Agent was they want and go from there but ideally it’ll come down to the team. The player will generally focus on the yearly average as opposed to minute details(Unless the player is repping themselves, in which case they’ll want to know about EVERY thing in that deal).

I only know this because I was listening to a space on Twitter with some Agents over the offseason and basically breaking down the process and what players want/don’t get, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2024, 09:43 PM   #22
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Nets hanging around the Nets. Cam Thomas doing Cam Thomas things
Old 01-31-2024, 09:44 PM   #23
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Cam is looking good so far, which means Vaughn bout to yank him for the rest of the game.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:52 PM   #24
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Royce O’Neal at the 5 and Mikal running the 4 spot.

Perfectly normal lineup there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »