Home

MLB Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MLB Off-Topic within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #385
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
He's a high school pitcher. High School pitchers don't usually make it, I don't care how good they seem.
Every other team would have been a little nervous negotiating with him after they heard about his elbow and I believe some would have done the same thing the Astros did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's a high school pitcher and he was still good enough to be the #1 overall pick. Now he'll go to UCLA, an excellent baseball program that's churned out prospects like Gerrit Cole and Trevor Bauer. No other team would have caused a stink over his elbow because there's no problem with it. Andrews said it was fine. You don't need more proof than that. The Astros made a giant fuss over what they damn well knew was absolutely nothing. After years of doing such, for the first time they failed to cheat the system. I love the players in the organization but I couldn't like the FO less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #386
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameRoN0407
Halladay, Kershaw, MadBum, Cain, Hamels, Beckett, Gio Gonzalez, James Shields, Lester, etc. would disagree.

He's been cleared by probably the best and most well-respected orthepedic arm surgeons in sports. I think that is enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
He's a high school pitcher and he was still good enough to be the #1 overall pick. Now he'll go to UCLA, an excellent baseball program that's churned out prospects like Gerrit Cole and Trevor Bauer. No other team would have caused a stink over his elbow because there's no problem with it. Andrews said it was fine. You don't need more proof than that. The Astros made a giant fuss over what they damn well knew was absolutely nothing. After years of doing such, for the first time they failed to cheat the system. I love the players in the organization but I couldn't like the FO less.

They offered him around $6.2 million for their first offer and their last offer was $5 million. It's not like they were offering him crap. I did see the thing about Andrews clearing him so I am questioning the FO myself now.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #387
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
They offered him around $6.2 million for their first offer and their last offer was $5 million. It's not like they were offering him crap. I did see the thing about Andrews clearing him so I am questioning the FO myself now.

I don't question that they offered him at least a near-fair amount but there's no question that they tried to get him at a discount through less than ethical means.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #388
MVP

kmoser's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
I don't question that they offered him at least a near-fair amount but there's no question that they tried to get him at a discount through less than ethical means.

I see what you are saying now. I'm kind of wondering why they didn't go after the other two guys since they couldn't get him.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #389
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
I see what you are saying now. I'm kind of wondering why they didn't go after the other two guys since they couldn't get him.

They didn't want to sign with the Stros after that debacle. I wouldn't have wanted to either. Casey Close didn't even pick up the phone today for Aiken.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #390
MVP

kmoser's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
They didn't want to sign with the Stros after that debacle. I wouldn't have wanted to either. Casey Close didn't even pick up the phone today for Aiken.

I bet that was pretty frustrating for Luhnow. It's his fault though. Even after this and the whole trade leaks ordeal, I still like him as our GM. He, and partially Wade, have done a good job building the farm system.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #391
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Is there a way that the Astros would lose that compensatory pick, or if it would get lowered, if it is found that they manipulated their offer or are found of some kind of wrongdoing?

It feels wrong that they should get the #2 pick next year because of this.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #392
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Is there a way that the Astros would lose that compensatory pick, or if it would get lowered, if it is found that they manipulated their offer or are found of some kind of wrongdoing?

It feels wrong that they should get the #2 pick next year because of this.

I really don't know. But can we officially call this the Aiken-gate scandal? Astros set a new low by trying to scam their #1 pick, and they should not have that pick, but one in the compensary 1st round.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »