Old 07-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #321
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
So a question I have is now that OAK has made this move for pitching, do they do anything to shore up the hitting, and if so, what?

I thought for sure they'd trade for a 2B who might be an upgrade over Sogard an Callaspo.

Do they even need to think about offense at this point?
I would be surprised if Beane isn't looking for an upgrade at 2B. They seem to have gone all in on this season, so they might as well send a couple more prospects if there is a significant upgrade available

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #322
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I would be surprised if Beane isn't looking for an upgrade at 2B. They seem to have gone all in on this season, so they might as well send a couple more prospects if there is a significant upgrade available
Yeah, I would think that too, but I wonder who they'll target. I mean, Sogard and Callaspo just can't be your 2B on a championship team, can they?
Old 07-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #323

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Normal Billy Beane wouldn't but looking at the landscape tells you that they will be in a rebuilding mode in at most 2 years unless they can come up with some major funds/miracles.

Given that, wouldn't be shocked to see it since it's pretty clear Beane wants to do anything he can to get a ring in the next couple years before it's too late.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #324
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yeah, I would think that too, but I wonder who they'll target. I mean, Sogard and Callaspo just can't be your 2B on a championship team, can they?
Zobrist is high on their list. He fits their mold with his ability to play multiple positions. All their remaining prospects are in single A now though. Not the easiest place to trade from.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #325
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

They were talking in the Braves game today that the A's have expressed interest to Arizona in Martin Prado, most likely to play 2B.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #326
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
They were talking in the Braves game today that the A's have expressed interest to Arizona in Martin Prado, most likely to play 2B.
I could see Prado, simply because of his positional versatility and his lower asking price compared to Zobrist. I can't see OAK having the goods to get Zobrist, but Prado seems more likely.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #327
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
As a Cardinals fan, it stings to see the Cubs building such a good farm. I'm a huge fan of Bryant and Baez and now Russell.

But as a baseball fan, its awesome to see the Cubs and Theo making some great moves and putting the team in position to compete within a few years. If just 60% of their big prospects show up and perform, they'll have a dangerous offense. Just have to see how Theo will deal with the pitching. They have a lot of middle infield potential depth with Baez, Russell, and Alcantara.

In a few years they could throw out a line up of:

C - Scwarber
1B - Rizzo
2B - Russell
3B - Baez
SS - Castro
LF - Soler
CF - Alcantara
RF - Bryant

Not sure if Alcantara can play CF, but that's pretty intimidating.

Edit: Totally forgot about Almora, he'd most likely be the center fielder.
No knock on you, but id bet money all those guys dont make it the majors. I could compile a list 100 pages long of all the prospects we salivate over only to forget them a few years later.

History tells us a few will flame out, and the holes will be filled with FA and guys no one is mentioning. But it will be interesting to see who pans out and who doesn't.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #328
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
No knock on you, but id bet money all those guys dont make it the majors. I could compile a list 100 pages long of all the prospects we salivate over only to forget them a few years later.

History tells us a few will flame out, and the holes will be filled with FA and guys no one is mentioning. But it will be interesting to see who pans out and who doesn't.
tis is true. But normally you have them scattered around it's rare to have 3 in Top 10 and 4 or 5 in the top 30. i get we are way too into prospects but Cubs have given themeselves a chance. in 2 1/2 years. Impressive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »