Home

Old 12-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #12001
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB Off-Topic

So there is another women coming forward about Addison Russell's behavior. Doesn't look good for him or the Cubs.

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/12/19...n-you-thought/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #12002
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
So there is another women coming forward about Addison Russell's behavior. Doesn't look good for him or the Cubs.

Sounds like he has anger issues and is unstable. I'll be surprised if he plays another game in the majors; his stock was already down and I don't see any team willing to put up with this baggage for what he brings to the table. Cubs should have traded him and gone with Baez at SS back in 2017.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #12003
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15

Quote:
She adds that Russell once paid his child support with $600 worth of quarters and dollar bills despite the fact that he has made millions playing baseball.
This might be the worst detail of all. "She" is Addison Russell's ex-girlfriend (who gave birth after he started seeing his soon-to-be ex-wife).

If he's not released in 24 hours, my view of Theo Epstein sinks another level (from god to mere king).

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 12-20-2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: fact check
Old 12-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #12004
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
This might be the worst detail of all. "She" is Addison Russell's mistress (who conceived and gave birth while he was still married to his ex-wife).

If he's not released in 24 hours, my view of Theo Epstein sinks another level (from god to mere king).
I'm not even sure how he is only paying $600 in child support...that alone is probably way less than he was ordered to pay and grounds for legal action.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:07 AM   #12005
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I know no one is nearly as bad as they're made out to be when they're a public figure but when you have multiple people reporting on this guy's behavior and it being consistently ugly like this than you have to know that Russell has serious issues. If he's still on the Cubs roster by the new year (I can see the Cubs acting slow since it's the holiday season) then Theo Epstein should be ashamed of himself.

The anecdote about the child support money is indicative of a man who doesn't give a damn and has little to no maturity. If you're fine with swinging your baby maker all over the place than at the very least offer financial help when the consequences arises.

Addison Russell may be a great ballplayer but he's a greater douche.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #12006
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Interesting article, how broke teams are ruining everything and how old school stats still have too much power. Bonus quote from my favorite player to hear from, Greinke.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/ther...to-the-opener/

[quote=Zack Greinke] “[The opener is] really smart, but it’s also really bad for baseball,” Arizona starter Zack Greinke says. “It’s just a sideshow. There’s always ways to get a little advantage, but the main problem I have with it is you do it that way, then you’ll end up never paying any player what he’s worth because you’re not going to have guys starting, you’re not going to have guys throwing innings.

“You just keep shuffling guys in and out constantly so nobody will ever get paid. Someone’s going to make the money, either the owners or the players. You keep doing it that way, the players won’t make any money.”

[/spoiler]

Rays are the real evil empire.

SPTO, this one my assuage your worries about Bryce and Manny:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/what...ok-like-today/

10/310 would be nothing. A-Rod's first contract in today dollars is 10/592 lol. Really shows how salaries have stagnated and why the 30 million dollar number that some people are turned off by is not what it looks like.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 12-20-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #12007
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

[quote=DieHardYankee26;2049641479]Interesting article, how broke teams are ruining everything and how old school stats still have too much power. Bonus quote from my favorite player to hear from, Greinke.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/ther...to-the-opener/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Greinke
“[The opener is] really smart, but it’s also really bad for baseball,” Arizona starter Zack Greinke says. “It’s just a sideshow. There’s always ways to get a little advantage, but the main problem I have with it is you do it that way, then you’ll end up never paying any player what he’s worth because you’re not going to have guys starting, you’re not going to have guys throwing innings.

“You just keep shuffling guys in and out constantly so nobody will ever get paid. Someone’s going to make the money, either the owners or the players. You keep doing it that way, the players won’t make any money.”

[/spoiler]

Rays are the real evil empire.

SPTO, this one my assuage your worries about Bryce and Manny:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/what...ok-like-today/

10/310 would be nothing. A-Rod's first contract in today dollars is 10/592 lol. Really shows how salaries have stagnated and why the 30 million dollar number that some people are turned off by is not what it looks like.

1. I think Grienke has a point here to some degree. analytics is going to kill earning potential for starters in a lot of ways especially guys in the middle to near the end of their careers when they're squeezed out and having to sign short term deals.

2. GOOD LORD! A-Rod making 10/592....I think if that happened today i'd blow up in classic Lewis Black style.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-20-2018, 05:55 PM   #12008
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Ah!

The both of ya's, do me a favor... edit both of your posts and change [/spoiler] to [/quote]. Mmmkay thanks.

What we really have to do though is first fix the save statistic, or give the hold a lot more meaning. That'll fix the back-end of things with these overpaid and overrated closers. A team doesn't need to assign a closer, and a closer shouldn't need to only come in what are currently known as save situations (specifically of the one-or-less innings variety).

Assuming five-man rotations will still be a thing, I really want to see a team open the season with their #4 starter. In a perfect world that puts your #1, 2, and 3 against another team's #3, 4, and 5 respectively (obviously it doesn't continue that way for many reasons, but you get the picture). That way you're not messing too much with the in-game formula.

But hey, let teams do their thing. I know NL teams aren't ever going to want to do that because of no DH, yet another reason why they should keep things as is there.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »