Home

"The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

This is a discussion on "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe] within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #65
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

Haha I see what you mean by goofy Angle. I read that in his voice and it totally works.

Nice next step in the Taker storyline. That's definitely my favorite one you've got. Hugh Morris is an interesting casting choice for the spot, but that visual of him and Sycho Sid laughing up the ramp together sold me. That's gonna be great.

I'm a fan of the relatively amicable nature of the Austin/Goldberg rivalry. I think feuds like that are good every once in a while. Or at least more that start like that and escalate later on. I'm officially rooting for Austin btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
Haha I see what you mean by goofy Angle. I read that in his voice and it totally works.

Nice next step in the Taker storyline. That's definitely my favorite one you've got. Hugh Morris is an interesting casting choice for the spot, but that visual of him and Sycho Sid laughing up the ramp together sold me. That's gonna be great.

I'm a fan of the relatively amicable nature of the Austin/Goldberg rivalry. I think feuds like that are good every once in a while. Or at least more that start like that and escalate later on. I'm officially rooting for Austin btw.
Yeah, there's really no other way to have an Austin/Goldberg feud. Austin didn't work very well as a heel, and I don't think Goldberg does, either. I don't know if it shows just yet, but I'm actually a big fan of heel vs heel feuds - I always thought wrestling needed more of that. As a fan, I never cared about rooting for one or the other as much as just being entertained - and good heels are fun and entertaining.

I hear you about Hugh Morrus. Basically, I want to make these guys who were never taken seriously - Hugh Morrus, Glacier, Ernest Miller, Doink, etc. - viable commodities. I don't want them to just be jobbers. I'd rather use some of the boring older guys for that if necessary. And I think Sid and Hugh Morrus is an interesting tandem. They're both nuts. I thought about throwing Mankind in there, but do I really want to do another Undertaker/Mankind feud? I don't think so. Maybe much later on, if it makes sense.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:08 AM   #67
Pro

sgf83's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't played a wrestling game since 2003ish when my buddies and I would sit around and get drunk playing Here Comes The Pain. Ah, the great memories. I'm sure the tenants of the neighboring apartments hated our guts!

Anyway, reading through yours and a few others write-ups have gotten me interested in playing a wrestling game again. My step-son is a huge wrestling fan so he is walking me 2k20 Universe and getting all the downloads I want to "relive" my glory days. With the 20 downloads a day max it will be forever before I actually get started with it but it looks fun.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:04 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgf83
I haven't played a wrestling game since 2003ish when my buddies and I would sit around and get drunk playing Here Comes The Pain. Ah, the great memories. I'm sure the tenants of the neighboring apartments hated our guts!

Anyway, reading through yours and a few others write-ups have gotten me interested in playing a wrestling game again. My step-son is a huge wrestling fan so he is walking me 2k20 Universe and getting all the downloads I want to "relive" my glory days. With the 20 downloads a day max it will be forever before I actually get started with it but it looks fun.
I'm no expert - like you, I have barely played any wrestling games since No Mercy on N64 - but 2k19 seems a lot better than 2k20. In 2k19 there is a workaround - I don't know if it works in 2k20 - where you look at the preview of a CAW, then press Download, and press cancel immediately. Every time you do that, it adds one to the number of DLs you have left for the day.

Even so, to get this complex massive WCW/WWE/ECW universe set up took me a LONG time, but it was worth it. I'm having a blast now.

Good luck, let me know if you need any tips of any kind - happy to help. Hopefully we'll see you posting about your universe, too!
Old 07-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #69
Rookie

ECW HARDCORE TV - AUGUST WEEK 4, YEAR 1

Joey Styles: "Welcome everyone to ECW Hardcore TV. Joey Styles here with Joel Gertner, and we are just a few days away from our major ECW Wrestle Kingdom Pay-Per-View extravaganza live from the Tokyo Dome in Japan! But with only a few days left before the event, some big questions remain unanswered. One will definitely be answered later tonight - when you'll see a 10-man over the top rope battle royale to determine who will have the right to face Rob Van Dam in Tokyo with the ECW World Television Championship on the line. For his part, The Whole Damn Show will not be defending that belt tonight - but he will be taking part in our main event, when he teams up with Edge and Christian to take on the ECW Tag Team Champions, Gangrel and Vampiro, plus Doink - The Brood!

"That's not all though, Joel. Tonight, we will see our very first call-ups of the season, so to speak. Because so many members of the roster will be participating in just a handful of matches, ECW President Paul Heyman has given one of the hottest young tag teams in the NXT developmental program an opportunity to show their stuff tonight. Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, otherwise known as the Motor City Machine Guns, will perform here on Hardcore TV tonight - but they'll face the toughest of tests, as they take on The Dudley Boyz!"

Joel Gertner: "Maybe we'll get more answers now, Styles. Looks like Hayabusa is coming out to the ring."

Hayabusa - one of the three members, along with ECW Champion Brock Lesnar and The Big Show, of ECW President Paul Heyman's stable of loyalists called The Industry - makes his way out to the ring and reminds fans that at the Wrestle Kingdom PPV in his home country of Japan, he will be one of six men competing in a ladder match for a special new prize, yet to be revealed. Hayabusa calls out Chris Benoit - who he challenged to participate in the match, and assigned the responsibility of selecting two of the other competitors (the Japanese star said he would be bringing a pair of special guests to fill the remaining two spots in the match) - and the Crippler makes his way to the ring.

Hayabusa asks Benoit if he's made his selections for the ladder match, and Benoit points to the stage, where Dean Malenko and Brian Pillman walk out from behind the curtain. Hayabusa nods, and says that although the ladder match will be every man for themselves, tonight, Benoit will team with Malenko and Pillman in a six-man tag match against the Latino World Order.

MATCH 1: Blitzkrieg v. Shark Boy

Standard cruiserweight style match here, with some fun spots. Blitzkrieg takes the victory with a 450 splash.

Spoiler

Edge and Christian head to the ring with microphones, but it is Christian who takes the lead. He says he can't wait to face The Brood tonight after Doink attacked him in the bathroom last week, preventing him from being at ringside for Edge's match with Vampiro. Christian calls Gangrel a coward, that he sends his underlings to do his dirty work for him. Christian address Doink, and says that he can tell the clown from personal experience that being one of Gangrel's followers is a waste of time. He tells Doink that Gangrel is only using him and poisoning his mind. Gangrel is a sick, hateful individual, according to Christian, and he will turn Doink into one, too, if the clown keeps letting him.

Edge chimes in, saying that what they do tonight to The Brood is a preview of what he and his brother will do to Gangrel and Vampiro at the Wrestle Kingdom PPV, when they take back the ECW Tag Team Championships.

MATCH 2: The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley/Chris Sabin) v. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley/D-Von Dudley)

The Motor City Machine Guns, one of the hottest tag teams in the NXT farm system, make their "major league" debut, and it is an impressive one. Shelley and Sabin surprise the veteran Dudley Boyz with their speed and array of exciting, new moves. They make such an early impact that the Dudleyz get frustrated - so much so that they introduce the youngsters to the extreme style. D'Von throws Sabin to the outside and DDTs him through the announce table, while Bubba Ray drills Shelley with a Bubba Bomb. D'Von slides back into the ring, and they hit Shelley with a 3D and the victory. The Dudleyz give the battered and bruised youngsters a pat on the back and a "job well done," smirking as they head back up the ramp.

Spoiler

Match 3: The Latino World Order (Eddie Guerrero/Chavo Guerrero/Juventud Guerrera v. Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko/Brian Pillman

Although Benoit, Malenko and Pillman are all on good terms, they can't get on the same page - their upcoming participating in the Wrestle Kingdom six-man ladder match creating some unspoken tension. The LWO, meanwhile, is a well-oiled machine, and take full advantage. They pick up the victory when The Juice delivers a Juvi Drive to Benoit.

Spoiler

AJ Styles is interviewed backstage about Shawn Michaels' attacking him before a match with Iron Sheik last week, a match The Phenomenal One still managed to win. Styles says he is amused to see Michaels so angry and doing things that are out of character for him. That shows Styles that he has gotten under Michaels' skin and gotten the Heartbreak Kid frustrated. But Styles says Michaels should be careful about trying to be something he's not. That's not a game, Styles says, that Michaels can win. Not against The Phenomenal One.

Match 4: 10-man Over the Top Rope Battle Royale (ECW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDER)

Shelton Benjamin and Perry Saturn are the first two men in the ring. They brawl back and forth until the third man enters - The Big Show. Benjamin and Saturn both immediately try and double team Show, who is able to manhandle both and eliminates Saturn just as the fourth entrant, Kanyon, comes down the ramp. Benjamin and Kanyon also attack Show in tandem, wearing Show down. All three are still in the ring when Tommy Dreamer, the fifth entrant, makes his way into the ring. Dreamer joins the party, with three men now trying to eliminate Big Show.

As entrant number six, Jerry Lynn, joins the fray, Big Show gets a second wind, and eliminates Benjamin and Dreamer both in short order. Kanyon, Lynn and Show duke it out as the seventh competitor, The Iron Sheik, enters. All four still remain when entrant number eight, Sabu, joins the match. Big Show manages to eliminate Kanyon by the time Fit Finlay, the ninth entrant, comes down to the ring. Sheik and Big Show make Finlay's stay very short, but Sheik follows in short order after a Jerry Lynn drop kick sends him stumbling over the top rope.

Big Show, Lynn and Sabu remain as the final entrant, Macho Man Randy Savage - making his first appearance in a month - enters the ring. Big Show starts taking each of them down, but they work together to fight back. When Show charges across the ring at Lynn - who moves out of the way - Sabu is there to pull down the ropes, and Show is moving too fast to stop himself from going over and out of the ring.

Savage is pumped up, and he starts dealing damage to both Lynn and Sabu, but the ECW stalwarts team up and eliminate him. From there, the fans are treated to a few minutes of a more traditional match, as Lynn and Sabu go at it, trading moves. Ultimately, Sabu gets the victory and the chance to face Rob Van Dam at the upcoming Wrestle Kingdom PPV event for the World Television Title.

Spoiler

Match 5: Shawn Michaels v. JBL

HBK wins this one in short order, finishing JBL with Sweet Chin Music out of the corner. As Michaels' hand is raised and he catches his breath, AJ Styles runs down the ramp with a kendo stick and attacks Michaels from behind. He cracks the stick over HBK's back several times before spitting on him and backing out of the ring, repeating "your time is up" several times in the process.

Spoiler

Match 6: Edge/Christian/Rob Van Dam v. The Brood (Gangrel/Vampiro/Doink)

An exciting match, as Doink and Rob Van Dam go at it to start, with the clown really holding his own. Eventually, a fired up Christian gets in the ring, and goes after Doink with everything he's got. Doink takes a great deal of punishment before tagging in Vampiro. He goes back and forth with Christian for a while, and eventually Edge and Gangrel get to face off. The match is a long one, and every member of both teams gets to face every member of the opposite team.

Eventually, Christian's anger gets the better of him and he haphazardly charges at Doink, who takes him down with a drop toe hold before tagging in Gangrel. The Brood's leader is able to take advantage of Christian's vulnerability and hit him with the Impaler, good enough to get the 3-count and the victory. The Brood flashes some sinister smiles as they celebrate the victory.

Spoiler

Before Hardcore TV comes to an end, Scott Steiner comes out to the ring[/b] and talks about facing Brock Lesnar for the ECW Championship one last time in just a few days at the Wrestle Kingdom PPV.

Scott Steiner: "It's been a while since I've been to the Land of the Rising Sun, but I still have my collection of freaks there, too. And let me tell you something, when I beat that punk Brock Lesnar and take his title while that bitch Paul Heyman cries and whines, the Big Bad Booty Daddy will be celebrating all night long with his freaks, Tokyo style!

"You see Lesnar, just because you've beaten me before doesn't mean you'll beat me again. It doesn't mean I can't beat you. I'm a genetic freak, and I've got the largest arms in the world - large enough to crack your head open like a walnut. I'm going to bust you up in Japan, kid, and your whole "Next Big Thing" ride is going to end abruptly."

Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman come out to the ring. Heyman begins to insult Steiner, promising that this time, Lesnar won't just beat Big Poppa Pump - he'll injure him, too. Steiner moves his arm, as if preparing to hit Heyman, but Lesnar steps in between. Instead, Steiner punches Lesnar, and they begin to brawl again. Neither is able to gain a clear advantage as the cameras fade out.

Last edited by GravesFan9; 07-24-2020 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #70
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Edit..........
Old 07-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #71
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

That last show was solid!

Okay, see I need promos to keep me sold on stuff. That's why even in my more brief ones I give detail or else you can get lost within the write-up.

Scott Steiners promo was perfect, and it made me more excited to see this match...one more time babay.

The New Brood is very fascinating to me. It could totally work for 1999-2002. I'm not sure how well it would translate beyond that time, but I am really enjoying what you have been portraying.

Overall, good stuff!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2020, 01:49 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
That last show was solid!

Okay, see I need promos to keep me sold on stuff. That's why even in my more brief ones I give detail or else you can get lost within the write-up.

Scott Steiners promo was perfect, and it made me more excited to see this match...one more time babay.

The New Brood is very fascinating to me. It could totally work for 1999-2002. I'm not sure how well it would translate beyond that time, but I am really enjoying what you have been portraying.

Overall, good stuff!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I could see The Brood continuing to be relevant if you de-emphasize the vampire/blood sucking stuff and make it more about them just being into kind of an alternative lifestyle (like some sort of goth/BDSM/underground weird scene) - and in my head, at least, that's what is already the case with them in my universe (although I do still think Gangrel should be spitting "blood" mist in people's faces :P).

Plus, from the VERY little I have seen, isn't Bray Wyatt kind of doing that alternative weird/dark thing? I don't know, I could be wrong.

On another note, I want to expand my FBI stable but I dont want to use any more of the old ECW people, I always hated Big Vito, and the only CAWs in the Community Creations of Tony Mamaluke and Chuck Palumbo are terrible. There's an okay Johnny the Bull, but he was kind of a loser, too. Any of these more recent guys with Italian names have gimmicks emphasizing their Italian heritage? I don't know anything about them, just names: Enzo Amore, Johnny Gargano (would be nice because he's already in the game; I'm right up against my CAW limit), Tommaso Ciampa, Santino Marella...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »