Home

"The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

This is a discussion on "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe] within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Main event was a very solid match!

I'm kinda getting done with Steiner and Brock! Steiner just doesnt do anything for me, and I am not sure why! Hoping for Brock to kick his *** one more time.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Yeah the Steiner thing might be dragging on a little longer than I planned. But I swear, it ends at the following PPV! I have a soft spot for Steiner, I don't know why. Going to give some other people a chance to shine.

I kinda want to create another belt for ECW to give more guys something to chase, just not sure what kind of belt.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesFan9
Yeah the Steiner thing might be dragging on a little longer than I planned. But I swear, it ends at the following PPV! I have a soft spot for Steiner, I don't know why. Going to give some other people a chance to shine.

I kinda want to create another belt for ECW to give more guys something to chase, just not sure what kind of belt.
Ignore Bard on this, gotta love Freakzilla lol

as for other belts for ecw, could always designate a hardcore title, but with a new name since its ecw like "extreme championship" or something, or go the opposite and have somethin like "Pure Wrestling Championship" for your technical guys, or since wcw has US, wwe has IC, could do a North American champ, bring the old million dollar championship back
Old 07-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #35
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I sorta like Steiner as an opponent for Lesnar. Not sure the match would be so good but the promos would be hilarious. I noticed you didn't have Steiner speak, are you reluctant to dive into the mind of freakzilla and determine what he might say? .

I have the same thoughts with my Universe for ECW. I'm waiting to see if I need another belt or not. The TV Championship is always an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2020, 11:24 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:

ECW did have another title for a bit, the FTW title, where Taz kinda did what Ted Dibiase did and made his own belt, defended with no rules, eventually was unified with the world belt
Old 07-19-2020, 04:13 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdViper
Ignore Bard on this, gotta love Freakzilla lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
I sorta like Steiner as an opponent for Lesnar. Not sure the match would be so good but the promos would be hilarious. I noticed you didn't have Steiner speak, are you reluctant to dive into the mind of freakzilla and determine what he might say? .

I have the same thoughts with my Universe for ECW. I'm waiting to see if I need another belt or not. The TV Championship is always an option.
Maybe the reason why I haven't had Steiner talking much is because I'm currently going through episodes of Raw/Smackdown/PPVs from around the time that I stopped watching, which is right around the time Steiner showed up (right now I'm in February of 2003) - and his mic work...leaves a lot to be desired. He was always kind of a trainwreck on the mic, but in WCW (and clips I've seen from TNA) it was usually (unintentionally) funny but his mic work in this feud with Triple H is cringeworthy.

But you're right, I do love Freakzilla and I need to give him some mictime, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdViper
as for other belts for ecw, could always designate a hardcore title, but with a new name since its ecw like "extreme championship" or something, or go the opposite and have somethin like "Pure Wrestling Championship" for your technical guys, or since wcw has US, wwe has IC, could do a North American champ, bring the old million dollar championship back.

ECW did have another title for a bit, the FTW title, where Taz kinda did what Ted Dibiase did and made his own belt, defended with no rules, eventually was unified with the world belt
All good points - I do already use the TV Title - and I strongly considered the FTW idea...but I settled on something original that will play into the next PPV, which is ECW Wrestle Kingdom in the Tokyo Dome. (Yeah, I know that's an NJPW thing, but I found a really nice ECW Wrestle Kingdom custom arena in Community Creations. Plus, the first actual use of the Wrestle Kingdom name wasn't until 2007 in real life.)
Old 07-19-2020, 05:53 PM   #38
Rookie

WCW THUNDER - AUGUST WEEK 2, YEAR 1

The Rock kicks off Thunder talking about tonight's main event, a tag team contest pitting him and Rey Mysterio against Shane Douglas and Mr. Perfect. The Rock says WCW fans should treat tonight's match like a movie trailer, because what he's going to do to Shane Douglas is a preview of what he'll do to him at Souled Out, when both of them take part in a Fatal 4-Way contest, along with Ric Flair and Tazz, with a future shot at the World Heavyweight Championship on the line.

MATCH 1: Batista v. Rick Steiner

After being transferred to the WCW roster by Vince McMahon, Batista makes his WCW debut by making quick work of Rick Steiner, ending the match with a Batista Bomb.

MATCH 2: Kidman v. Little Guido w/ Big Gudo

Little Guido spends much of the match applyoing a variety of hold and stretches. working over Kidman's legs - while Big Guido spends an equal amount of time trying to distract the referee from the outside to allow his tag team partner opportunities to cross the line.

Eventually, the referee gets fed up and ejects Big Guido from ringside. Little Guido begins arguing with the referee, giving Kidman the opportunity to him with the Kid Krusher inverted double underhook facebuster and setting him up for a match-winning Shooting Star Press.

After the match, Little Guido meets Big Guido on the ramp, and yells at him, smacking him on the back of the head.

Backstage, the camera focuses in on a door with a sign reading "Kronik - Breaking Necks & Cashing Checks. Inquire within." Inside, Brian Adams is sitting down, looking relaxed, smoking...something when his tag team partner, Bryan Clark, enters the room.

Brian Adams: "Is the deal set?"

Bryan Clark: "Hell yeah, the deal is set."

Brian Adams: "Did he give you a check yet?"

Bryan Clark: "He assured me he'll deliver it himself after its done."

Brian Adams: "You trust him?"

Bryan Clark: "I trust that I'll break his puny little neck if he doesn't."

Brian Adams: "Works for me. All right, let's go do this."

Bryan Clark: "Nah, brother. You just chill. I can handle this one all on my own."

Brian Adams: "Well, that works for me, too!"

Adams smiles, puts his feet up on the table in front of him, and takes another puff of whatever it is he's smoking while a grinning Clark walks out of the room.

Match 3: Disco Inferno v. Ultimo Dragon

Disco Inferno makes his return to WCW, his first appearance in the new WCW, and immediately begins to look overmatched, as Ultimo Dragon hits him with a number of crowd favorites - an Asai Moonsault, the giant swing, the dragon screw, the dragon suplex. As Dragon looks to set Disco Inferno up for the Dragon Bomb running sitout powerbomb, Bryan Clark comes out of nowhere and slides into the ring. The Kronik member shoves the referee down from behind and grabs Ultimo Dragon, nailing him with the Meltdown pumphandle slam. Disco Inferno slaps the referee to his senses and covers Dragon, picking up the victory.

Returning from a commercial break, the Thunder camera crew catches "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels walking into Kronik's smoke-filled locker room.

Daniels, clad in sunglasses and a sleeveless leather trench coat, places an envelope down on the table at which Brian Adams and Bryan Clark are sitting.

Christopher Daniels: Pleasure doing business, gentlemen. This could be the start of a mutually beneficial working relationship.

Adams grabs the envelope and peeks inside, then bumps fists with Clark.

Brian Adams: As long as you keep the checks coming, pal, we are at your disposal.

Match 4: Kane v. Stevie Ray w/ Booker T

A few days after crushing one Harlem Heat member, Kane makes quick work of Stevie Ray, finishing him off with a Tombstone Piledriver. After he is declared the winner, Kane continues beating on Stevie Ray, even as Booker T slides into the ring to try and pull him off.

Ric Flair is interviewed backstage about Tazz, who will be one of three opponents Flair will face in a Fatal 4-Way match in just four days at WCW Souled Out. Flair talks about how Tazz is used to being a big fish in a small pond, but he's going to be stepping foot in the ring with one of the most legendary wrestlers in the history of the sport. Flair plans on showing Taz why WCW used to use the slogan, "Where the Big Boys Play."

Match 5: The Rock/Rey Mysterio vs. Shane Douglas/Mr. Perfect

After a all four men see some back-and-forth action, Douglas takes The Rock to the outside and starts whipping The Rock into the steel steps, the barricade, the ring post - and then grabbing him by the head and slamming him into all of the same surfaces. As the referee's count hits 9, Douglas hits The Rock with a powerful running clothesline before turning around to try and climb back into the ring. But with his back turned, he doesn't see The Rock immediately kip up. The Rock hits Douglas from behind with a running clothesline of his own, knocking Douglas down. The Rock slides into the ring just before the referee's count reaches 10 - giving The Rock and Mysterio the victory by count out, a fuming Douglas screaming at the referee from the outside. as Thunder concludes.

WWE SMACKDOWN - AUGUST WEEK 2, YEAR 1

Chris Jericho appropriately kicks off Smackdown by coming down to the ring and talking smack about Scott Hall, who defeated Y2J at the Vengeance PPV in July to win the Intercontinental title, and then beat Y2J - with the help of the nWo - a couple of nights later in a ladder match to retain the title. Jericho says that after he won the 6-man battle royale several days ago on Raw, he earned a shot at kicking Hall's *** and taking back his IC belt next week on Raw.

Scott Hall comes out onto the stage, and after cracking a number of jokes at Jericho's expense, says that The Nation of Domination - who Hall and another nWo member will face at the Unforgiven PPV in September for the Tag Team Championships - should take notes, because what he plans to do to Jericho on Raw is tantamount to what the nWo will do to the Nation at Unforgiven.

MATCH 1: The New Age Outlaws v. DDP/Bam Bam Bigelow

Solid back-and-forth match that ends when DDP attempts a Diamond Cutter that Mr. *** counters, eventually hitting a Famouser for the victory.

Wearing sunglasses, a leopard-skinned vest, tan pants and bright red loafers, Ernest "The Cat" Miller - who won the WWE Light Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam - makes his way down to the ring, the belt slung over his shoulder, with a microphone, but not before pausing on the stage to do a little dance:

Ernest Miller: "Don't worry, everybody - it's already been a few days since SummerSlam, when I beat up on that greasy little rat X-Pac and won this gold - so you can bet your *** I already called my momma!

"What is it that I've always told all of you people? What is it that I'm always out here saying? That's right, I'M THE GREATEST! I tell you what, it feels good to be out here with this gold on my shoulder. It feels good to be a THREE-TIME World Karate Champion! It feels good to be the WWE Light Heavyweight Champion. It feels good to be one of the finest lookin' men the women out here have ever laid eyes on, and it feels good to have hands and feet that should have to be registered as lethal weapons! Just ask that punk X-Pac!"

The crowd boos and groans as Miller brags.

"That little nobody X-Pac even lost to some psycho in a mask this past Raw. I'm sure my good friend Rick Martel will have no trouble beating up on that weird freak tonight. But I'm here to let X-Pac, that mask-wearing jive turkey, and anyone else in the WWE know that Ernest "The Cat" Miller is the champ, and he's going to stay the champ. I'm the greatest! Somebody betta call my momma AGAIN!"

MATCH 2: Psychosis v. "The Model" Rick Martel

Psychosis controls the pace of the match, keeping Martel off balance with his quick and high-flying moves. But it is Martel who is able to pick up the victory, after Ernest "The Cat" Miller makes his way to ringside and is able to hit Psychosis with a low blow that goes unseen by the referee.

British Bulldog comes out to the ring and express his anger about how his now-former United Kingdom tag team partner, William Regal, turned on him during his match with Kurt Angle on Raw. Bulldog says its no wonder the fans never like Regal, he's the epitome of the uptight, elitist British snob that Americans always make fun of - and rightfully so. Bulldog promises that he'll get his revenge on Regal as the fans cheer in approval.

Match 3: The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer v. Tatanka (WWE Hardcore Championship)

The Undertaker starts the match by whipping Tatanka into the ropes and nailing him on the rebound with an emphatic big boot. He motions to Paul Bearer on the outside, who slides a steel chair into the ring. Undertaker waits for Tatanka to get back to his feet before slamming him over the head with a vicious chair shot. He continues beating Tatanka with the chair until the referee pulls it out of his hands. Undertaker stalks the referee until the ring until he notices Tatanka slowly getting to his feet. Undertaker grabs Tatanka and hits him with a Tombstone Piledriver for the victory. On his way back up the ramp, Undertaker flings the Hardcore Championship belt at Paul Bearer with disgust.

Match 4: The Great Muta v. Hugh Morrus

Hugh Morrus puts up an impressive fight, controlling the match for several impressive stretches. Ultimately, Morrus attempts a moonsault that Muta rolls out of the way of, giving the Japanese legend the opportunity to hit the dazed Morrus with the Shining Wizard for the victory.

Jeff Jarrett comes out to the ring to announce that he will join Scott Hall in representing the nWo for their Tag Team Championship match against Faarooq and Mark Henry at the Unforgiven PPV - a match they earned when the nWo defeated The Nation of Domination in an 8-man tag team match at SummerSlam. He takes the opportunity to make a number of cracks at the expense of The Nation, particularly Mark Henry. Jarrett says that come Unforgiven, he and Scott Hall will make the Nation regret ever getting in the way of the nWo.

Match 5: Chris Jericho/The Hurricane v. nWo Hollywood (Scott Hall/Buff Bagwell)

Chris Jericho wins the match for his team when he forces Scott Hall to submit to the Walls of Jericho, while The Hurricane makes sure to keep Buff Bagwell occupied on the outside.

Last edited by GravesFan9; 07-19-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:09 AM   #39
Rookie

WCW SOULED OUT - AUGUST WEEK 2, YEAR 1

WCW Souled Out kicks off with a backstage interview with The Hart Foundation - Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart. The Hart Foundation tells WCW interviewer "Mean" Gene Okerlund that they aren't worried about their Tag Team Championship match tonight with Lex Luger and Konnan of the nWo Wolfpac. Hart says that he and his partner have each beaten both Luger and Konnan in singles competition over the last few weeks, and they're not worried. Hart explains that he and his partner are the class of WCW's tag team division, and they'll prove that once again when they crush the Wolfpac later tonight.

MATCH 1: Goldust/The Godfather v. The Impact Players

Huge pop for the fan favorite team of Goldust and The Godfather, and a chorus of boos for their opponents. The teams trade off momentum swings before Lance Storm nails The Godfather with a vicious super kick and locks in the Canadian Maple Leaf. The Godfather, however, does not tap out and gets out of the hold, tagging in Goldust. The Bizarre is full steam ahead, taking the fight to Storm before hitting him with The Final Cut, but Justin Credible breaks up the ensuing pin attempt. A tag to The Godfather leads Storm taking a ride on the Ho Train followed by the Pimp Drop, but Credible again breaks up the pin.

Storm eventually makes a much-needed tag, and Credible soon hits The Godfather with a Super Kick of his own, but this time Goldust breaks up pin. Credible also gets a taste of the Ho Train/Pimp Drop combo, but he manages to kick out, and makes a desperate tag to Storm shortly afterward. The Godfather and Storm trade strikes for a few moments until Storm manages to roll his opponent into the Canadian Maple Leaf again, and this time, The Godfather taps out.

Vader makes his way to the ring, telling WCW fans to savor the last few moments of their beloved hero Sting's title reign, because pretty soon, it's going to be VADER TIME!

MATCH 2: Rey Mysterio v. Mr. Perfect (WCW U.S. Championship)

Curt Hennig controls the match early on with a methodical, ground-and-pound pace until Mysterio turns the tide with a springboard cross body from the apron, followed by a spring board leg drop. But when he misses a risky flying hurricanrana from the top rope to a standing Hennig, Mr. Perfect grounds him again with a series of stretches and holds. Mysterio catches his breath, and counters Hennig into a DDT. Mr. Perfect throws him out of the ring, but Mysterio lands a jumping DDT on the outside when Hennig follows him out of the ring. Mysterio hits a springboard moonsault from the apron to a standing, dazed Hennig.

Back in the ring, Mysterio hits a frog splash but Hennig kicks out at 2. A wheelbarrow into a face plant lets Mysterio set Hennig up for a 619 that busts Mr. Perfect open. Rey hits a Dragonrana, but can't get the immediate pin; by the time he goes for the cover, Mr. Perfect kicks out just before the 3-count. Hennig hits a few slams and takes Mysterio into the corner, but Rey reverses, hits another springboard leg drop, and follows it up with the 619/West Coast Pop combo for the victory. Mysterio wins the U.S. Championship.

Backstage, "Mean" Gene catches up with "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels before his WCW Cruiserweight Championship defense against Ultimo Dragon. Okerlund ask Daniels why, after humbling himself in front of Ultimo Dragon on Nitro, he then paid Kronik to attack Ultimo Dragon during his match on Thunder, costing him his match against Disco Inferno.

Daniels says that Okerlund is as gullible as Ultimo Dragon. Daniels explains that he would never actually humble himself before anyone, and he's about to show Ultimo Dragon and all the boys in the back why they should be humbling themselves before The Fallen Angel.

MATCH 3: Ultimo Dragon v. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (WCW Cruiserweight Championship)

Ultimo Dragon takes control early, hitting Daniels with an inverted flying headscissors and a series of masterful takedowns. Daniels takes back control and plays mind games with Dragon, ultimately lulling him into a vulnerable position. Daniels eventually hits a diving moonsault from the top rope, but Ultimo Dragon kicks out. Ultimo Dragon hits a leaping tombstone piledriver, and Daniels rolls out of ring. Ultimo Dragon follows him out, but Daniels sends him into the steel steps and quickly returns to the ring. He climbs to the top rope and dives to the outside, hitting Dragon with a soaring cross body. Back in the ring, Daniels hits Dragon with the Angel's Wings for the victory.

The Rock speaks with "Mean" Gene Okerlund backstage, explaining how confident he is about winning the Fatal 4-way match tonight between him, Ric Flair, Shane Douglas and Tazz. The Rock guarantees he will win the match, and he will earn the shot at the World Heavyweght Championship that comes with it.

MATCH 4: nWo Wolfpac (Lex Luger/Konnan) v. The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart/Jim Neidhart) (WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP)

A slow, grind-it-out style match eventually finds Konnan locking in the Tequila Sunrise on Jim Neidhart smack dab in the center of the ring. With his partner moments away from being forced to tap out and lose the match, Bret Hart slides into the ring and hits Konnan in the head with one of the tag team title belts. The referee calls for the bell, and the Wolfpac win by disqualification, which means the Hart Foundation retains the belts.

Triple H comes out to the ring and discusses how severely he plans to punish Kevin Nash later tonight during their steel cage match. He realizes he's one of the new guys here in WCW, so in case some people here somehow do not understand who exactly he is, he's going to show them. He's going to make sure everyone here in WCW understands that he will not let anything get in his way of being the World Heavyweight Champion. He will end friendships and end careers if he has to, he doesn't care.

Kevin Nash comes out on the stage and interrupts Triple H. Nash can't wait to see Triple H try to end his career. Nash says he's going to teach Triple H a lesson that he should have taught when they first became friends. He's going to teach Triple H to know his place.

MATCH 5: The Rock v. Shane Douglas v. Tazz v. Ric Flair (Fatal 4-Way)

The competitors split up into pairs of two as the match begins - Flair battling Tazz in the ring, and The Rock fighting Douglas on the outside. Eventually, The Rock sends Douglas back into the ring and hits him with a Rock Bottom, but Tazz breaks up the pin. They switch dance partners at this point, The Rock squaring off with Tazz while Douglas dukes it out with Flair. Douglas gets Flair with the Franchiser, but the Nature Boy kicks out after a count of 2. All four men are in close quarters at this point. Douglas puts The Rock in an inverted Figure Four, which Flair breaks up before applying his own trademark Figure Four to Douglas. Douglas manages to break the hold and forces Flair to rest on the outside of the ring. Tazz sets his sights on Douglas then, slamming him to the mat with a Tazzplex. But as Tazz gets up, he walks right into a Rock Bottom. Flair tries to get back into the ring to break up the ensuing cover, but just barely misses breaking up the pinfall. The Rock wins the match, earning a World Heavyweight title shot at an upcoming episode of Nitro.

Sting cuts a short promo from the backstage area. Sting says that all he's heard Vader talking about for the last few weeks is how he's going to use his size and power to crush Sting. But Sting has faced men of all sizes before, from cruiserweights to super heavyweights - and he's overcome them all. He's not afraid of Vader, his size or his strength. Sting is going to show Vader that brains and heart ban overcome brawn.

MATCH 6: Kevin Nash v. Triple H (Steel Cage match)

Triple H comes out of the gate at full speed, assaulting Nash with everything in his arsenal, using the cage walls as weapons and doing everything he can to end the match quickly. Triple H lays Nash out with a spinebuster and starts climbing the side of the cage. Nash gets to his feet and grabs a hold of Triple H's leg, pulling him back down to the ring. Nash goes to work beating Triple H down with a series of strikes to the back and the head, using his arms and legs to wear down his opponent. Triple H regains momentum by hitting Nash with a low blow.

Triple H whips Nash into the ropes, hitting him with a jumping high knee on the rebound. He picks him up and whips him again, this time slamming Nash down with his patented spinebuster. Triple H picks Nash up and sets him up for the Pedigree, but Nash reverses the move and send Triple H flying over his head.

Nash takes control and begins picking Triple H apart. He gets Triple H in the corner, and chokes him with his foot, extending his leg and using the top rope for leverage. When triple H slumps down to a sitting position, Nash peppers him with knee smash after knee smash. Nash spends several minutes heaving Triple H into the cage walls or rubbing his face up against the steel. Nash lands a sidewalk slam on Nash, and then whips him into the ropes only to send him crashing to the mat after a big boot. Nash demolishes Triple H with a Jackknife Powerbomb, and leaves the cage through the door to win the match.

MATCH 7: Vader v. Sting (WCW World Heavyweight Championship)

Just as he said he would, Vader began the match imposing his will on the much-smaller champion. After a series of forearm strikes, Vader starts running Sting ragged from one corner of the ring to the other. A falling powerslam, a bearhug, a side belly-to-bell suplex, and a series of other moves has Sting reeling. Eventually, Vader lands a chokeslam, setting Sting up for a Vaderbomb. Vader confidently goes for the cover, but Sting kicks out just before the three count.

Vader, frustrated, slams Sting down with another powerslam, but Sting gets right up and knocks Vader down after a series of running clotheslines. Sting lands the Stinger Splash in the corner and then hits Vader with a Scorpion Death Drop. Vader kicks out after a count of 2.

Vader regains control with a series of forearm clubs. But when he goes for a second chokeslam, Sting uses his legs to leverage his way out of it as Vader stumbles into the corner. Sting uses the opportunity to hit another Stinger Splash, setting Vader up for the Scorpion Deathlock. Sting locks in the hold, applies the pressure, and Vader taps out. Sting wins and retains the World Heavyweight Championship.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:58 AM   #40
Pro

sgf83's Arena

Glad to see the Hart Foundation retain even by DQ. I was hoping Flair would win the 4-way to get the title shot. WOOOOOOOO! Vader let an opportunity slip there against Sting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »