Home

A New NHL Series game.

This is a discussion on A New NHL Series game. within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2022, 10:36 PM   #33
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A New NHL Series game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queff
Licensing is quite important for casual players.
But if anybody would release a hockey game with no licences but great editor like PES has, then basically the community will create licensed teams, players very quickly.
I would even play some indie hockey game. I mean that I do not need AAA graphics, but great gameplay which is fun and kind of realistic.

It is a pitty that 2k gave up upon NHL series. I bet that if they would not give up, we would have great hockey game here.

For me would be enough if 2k would re-released NHL 2k8 with just current rosters and 32 teams in the franchise and add let the resolution upscale to 4K, make the menu in current gen resolution and sell it on Xbox Series and PS5 and have it cross platform. They could add some My Team mode so they can earn some extra money for this pay to win mode
I would like to see how many people would buy such game where they would put minimal effort. If this would be bought by sufficient number of people, then 2k could invest a bit in upgrading the game for next years.
This post 100% look how popular that baseball game without licensing is . Ea game has become so bad anything would work
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 10-10-2022, 08:26 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Super Mega Baseball has done pretty well despite having fake players and teams.
It helps that the gameplay is really solid.
EA has purchased the company who produced that game, Metalhead.
Rumour has it the next iteration will have MLB players.

EA has also said that they were open to having Metalhead making other sports games.
I'd love a hockey game in the same vein as Super Mega Baseball. I think it could be a massive hit.
Old 02-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
Sales for NHL sucks because the game sucks.
Year after year of the same thing yet somehow managing to get worse as it goes along is the MAIN reason why sales suck.
Like someone said, we don’t even need the licence , just make a solid game and people will follow .
I would suggest looking at HB Studios and their golf game vs EA’s golf game. The Golf Club2 is superior to that Rory disaster and people are starting to take notice.
I don’t see why it can’t happen for NHL.
I would love if SAN Diego Studios would take a crack at making the game.
You know what's funny about this thing with The Golf Club? It's come full circle now, EA is back with a NEW golf game that IS COMING TO PC (EA PGA Tour) because they've clearly seen it demonstrated that there is a value market there. I don't care what people say when they assume all these companies are masterfully looking at analytics to determine "why they should make a hockey game". Hell no, if anything, most publishers demonstrate time and time again they have no clue what the market wants most of the time. Publishers are largely reactionary.

If someone bring a quality hockey game to PC and other platforms, EA will likely follow by stepping up there game and doing the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2023, 11:33 PM   #36
Roster Maker

Moto Guzzi Dude's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queff
Licensing is quite important for casual players.
But if anybody would release a hockey game with no licences but great editor like PES has, then basically the community will create licensed teams, players very quickly.
I would even play some indie hockey game. I mean that I do not need AAA graphics, but great gameplay which is fun and kind of realistic.

It is a pitty that 2k gave up upon NHL series. I bet that if they would not give up, we would have great hockey game here.

For me would be enough if 2k would re-released NHL 2k8 with just current rosters and 32 teams in the franchise and add let the resolution upscale to 4K, make the menu in current gen resolution and sell it on Xbox Series and PS5 and have it cross platform. They could add some My Team mode so they can earn some extra money for this pay to win mode
I would like to see how many people would buy such game where they would put minimal effort. If this would be bought by sufficient number of people, then 2k could invest a bit in upgrading the game for next years.
I couldn't agree with you more! 2K's NHL2K8 is still the best game IMHO. It was WAY ahead of its time and the competition.

If you have a XBOX 360 grab a copy and head over to here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...box-360-a.html

Enjoy!! I just posted the current rosters post the trade deadline! Also, I've posted All Time and Historic rosters under the roster topic!

Now go play 2K!! Enjoy!! It looks incredible on a 4K TV too I might add!!

P.S. I've written to 2K suggesting that they release a generic hockey game where we could customize everything. I'd wager that it would be much more relatable because then we could create high school, college, junior, NHL, and any other league we wanted. Far more people have played high school hockey than will ever play in the NHL. But we could have it all! Just upload the logos like we did with NCAA Football with their create a team website. Or via a USB stick inserted into the console. I'd literally take anything over EA's repetitive rehashed garbage.

Last edited by Moto Guzzi Dude; 03-23-2023 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:02 PM   #37
Roster Maker

Moto Guzzi Dude's Arena

OVR: 1

Amen to all of the above! As I’ve said, if you’re like me you’ve grown tired of the rehashed EA Sports NHL series video game. Every year they claim that they’ve improved it. However, every year we gamers end up debugging their games within THEIR forum and then to add insult to injury they repeatedly (year after year) ignore our requests for features we’d like to have incorporated within the game. Some of these features were formerly in the games; so, go figure why they were removed or why we can’t have them back.

They also give us the repeated response of “we don’t know what the developers are doing” within their forum. If you criticize them too harshly re: anything they don’t like they may even ban you for a while or altogether. God forbid you should question the all-powerful Oz behind the curtain.

It's no wonder this ranking happened: https://www.ranker.com/list/why-peop.../john-saavedra

Along with this article heading:
EA Was Voted Worst Company In America Two Years In A Row

I just wish 2K would come back to making a hockey game! Even a generic game where we could customize everything would be great! Just look at the football game that Modus Games is creating!

https://modusgames.com/news/maximumfootball/

On top of that, they’re going to give it away for free!! Can you imagine the hockey equivalent of this game that will be out in the near future? I wrote to them suggesting that they also create a hockey game and they even replied! Here’s their response:

Thanks for the inquiry Jeffrey!

At the moment we're 100% focused on Maximum Football, but after that, who knows?

Best wishes,

Kael Barend
Modus Games
[email protected]
https://modusgames.com/publishing/

A much better response than what you’d most likely hear from EA. Crickets! Why would they respond though? You don’t have to cater to your customers when you’re the only game in town (no pun intended).

So, here I am trying my best to convince a company (e.g., Modus, 2K, San Diego Studios) to enter the hockey video game market.

For Pete’s sake, there’s a garage/gas station sim game being sold in the Microsoft Store now. You mean to tell me that more people want to run a virtual garage/gas station than play a hockey game? I don’t believe it. How can there not be a market for a new and better hockey game than what EA is peddling? For the first time in many years, I stopped buying their rehashed hockey game and I have ZERO regrets.

I’m back to playing 2K Sports NHL2K8 with an updated roster and loving it!!

How sad is it that I’m happier with a 15-year-old XBOX 360 video game over a current generation console game? Although I will say that a 4K TV does a great job of upscaling the graphics.

I’d even be thrilled if they’d port that game to the new generation consoles or make it backwards compatible! Anything!! Please!!

My hopes are as follows: That enough people in the gaming industry read this forum content and are convinced to jump into the hockey video game market.

I’ve created a list of what I’d love to see in a new hockey game for the new consoles. Here’s what I have so far. Please add more content with anything you desire. The more the better! Keep on posting, wishing and dreaming! Thank you!!

Complete Franchise mode with all the features.

Complete season mode with all the features.

Cross platform play online.

AI and playability that equals or exceeds what 2K’s NHL2K8 gives. Nothing else should be worked on or added until the game plays or functions flawlessly. NO virtual hockey card stores with a crappy game attached please!

Complete customization to include:

Helmet-less player option so you can accurately create players such as Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito.

Custom goalie masks to include the Vintage Jason Friday the 13th style (Plante, Cheevers, etc.) and current types with a myriad of colors and patterns. Also, the helmet/cage combination like Hasek wore.

At least 50 different styles of jerseys to facilitate the creation of custom teams.

Ability to upload logos for teams, jerseys and helmets so we can create high school, junior and college teams as well as NHL teams.

At least 50 different face choices with different skin tones, hairstyles, mustaches etc. when creating custom players.

Ability to create an unlimited number of custom players and teams.

A custom color creator with at least 50 favorite slots and the ability to use RGB color values for accurate team colors when creating players/teams. Also, preset colors for brown leather gloves and palms.

A complete collection of player and goalie gear available for creating players to include (but not limited to:

Current and retro player helmets from: Bauer, Cooper, CCM, Easton, Mission and Jofa (old Gretzky, Lemieux and Selanne helmets). With half shields and college face masks as well.

Player gloves to include (current and retro): Jofa, Bauer, Cooper, CCM, Sherwood, Eagle, TPS/Louisville, Easton, Mission, KOHO, True, Warrior.

Goalie gear to include (current and retro): Vintage plain gear, Jofa, Bauer, Brown, Cooper, Sherwood, CCM, TPS/Louisville, Vaughn, Brian’s, Easton, Mission, KOHO, True, Warrior.

Player and goalie sticks to include (current and retro): Jofa/Titan, Bauer, Cooper, CCM, TPS/Louisville, Montreal, Easton, Mission, KOHO, True, Warrior, Christian, Reebok, Nike, Sherwood, Canadien, Northland.

Custom music!

Custom music capabilities exactly like 2K’s NHL2K8 game.

Fans and celebrations!

Stands that include fans wearing the jerseys of the teams on the ice.

Hat trick/Stanley Cup celebrations, penalty shots, OT, etc. Everything that’s in the real game should be in the video game.

Laser light shows, spotlights, fireworks, flames, etc. re: the start of the games.

Great play by play announcers!

A great play by play announcer like Jim Hughson, Gary Thorn, Bill Clement or Michael "Doc" Emrick.

These items are just off the top of my head to start. Please add more! Thank you!

Last edited by Moto Guzzi Dude; 04-03-2023 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Add article link re: EA.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:32 PM   #38
Rookie

I would of been happy with Super Blood Hockey if it had customization available so I can make my own teams and players

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »