Home

A New NHL Series game.

This is a discussion on A New NHL Series game. within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: A New NHL Series game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_ya_mitts
I'm only speaking for me here but I still play NHL2K10 on PS3. I sometimes jump on CHEL (PS4) but for anything offline it's 2K10 all the way. With slider adjustments you can get a really nice simulation game from it
Do you mind sharing your sliders?
I've meant to grab a copy of 2k10 and try it out
Old 12-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #18
Rookie

Drop_ya_mitts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Do you mind sharing your sliders?
I've meant to grab a copy of 2k10 and try it out
No problem brother. I'll be on it this weekend so I'll dm you sat/sun🤙
Old 02-15-2021, 03:06 PM   #19
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
We all know we are really paying for the names of players and team names. So who would really care if you have a guy named STANLEY FROSBY # 87 on the Pittsford Emperors. I personally like the game 5 years into the future when most of the future players are retired.

Lets here your opinions?
I have been saying this ever since 2k folded up their tent. If I could get a fun, well made hockey sim with a season/franchise mode.....I wouldn't care if it was a completely fictional league with fictional players. EAs NHL series is just awful. Sucks bc a good hockey game is honestly my favorite sports video game to play, and now I have none. Well, I have a used copy of NHL 19 that just gets used as a coaster.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 02-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I have been saying this ever since 2k folded up their tent. If I could get a fun, well made hockey sim with a season/franchise mode.....I wouldn't care if it was a completely fictional league with fictional players. EAs NHL series is just awful. Sucks bc a good hockey game is honestly my favorite sports video game to play, and now I have none. Well, I have a used copy of NHL 19 that just gets used as a coaster.
I think you're probably in the minority. Most casual gamers expect real life players in sports games unless the games are full out arcade titles.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 02-16-2021, 03:19 PM   #21
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
I think you're probably in the minority. Most casual gamers expect real life players in sports games unless the games are full out arcade titles.
Agreed.

However, my favorite game for the PS2 was NHL Hitz Pro, a full out arcade title that I managed to tweak into a pretty good sim experience. So, I suppose it would be possible for a company to release, like you said, a full on arcade game, but have the ability to customize the experience however you like. That would be my dream, haha.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2021, 04:50 PM   #22
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

NHL Hitz Pro with realistic sliders still has a lot of "sim" experiences that have been unrivaled by any other game to date. Mainly, the net front scrambles and shots are simply incredible. They actually look and feel as desperate/intense/chaotic as a real life NHL scramble. People diving to shoot, diving to block, the goalie diving around when tired, the defense filling the net when the goalie is busy trying to recover. The "dump puck" feature in that game is also amazing and incredibly useful! Wish EA would take some ideas from that and implement it in their games.

Could you imagine if NHL Hitz Pro goalies didn't kick out so many ugly rebounds from far out while also being outside of the crease? If they played at modern NHL goalie depths with the ability to control rebounds consistently, as well as if the game had on-the-fly line changing, I honestly the game would be timeless (if it's not already). If that series had one more year to improve, it would've easily been the greatest hockey video game ever made. It still might be, but one more year would've probably solidified it.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:43 PM   #23
MVP

Was Hitz Pro the same across platforms?
Old 02-17-2021, 01:51 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
NHL Hitz Pro with realistic sliders still has a lot of "sim" experiences that have been unrivaled by any other game to date. Mainly, the net front scrambles and shots are simply incredible. They actually look and feel as desperate/intense/chaotic as a real life NHL scramble. People diving to shoot, diving to block, the goalie diving around when tired, the defense filling the net when the goalie is busy trying to recover. The "dump puck" feature in that game is also amazing and incredibly useful! Wish EA would take some ideas from that and implement it in their games.

Could you imagine if NHL Hitz Pro goalies didn't kick out so many ugly rebounds from far out while also being outside of the crease? If they played at modern NHL goalie depths with the ability to control rebounds consistently, as well as if the game had on-the-fly line changing, I honestly the game would be timeless (if it's not already). If that series had one more year to improve, it would've easily been the greatest hockey video game ever made. It still might be, but one more year would've probably solidified it.
Nah.

NHL94 is the GOAT. 🤣

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »