Home

***Official Backbreaker Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Backbreaker Thread*** within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: ***Official Backbreaker Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
IMO they HAVE to release this game in June/July in order to have any chance to be succesful. I think any football fan would probably get it just to have something new and fresh to play. AS long as they include a franchise and allow pretty much full customization then it could really take off. Time will tell...
Yep, I agree totally. The customization has been confirmed, but we are just waiting on the franchise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #66
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow, where have I been. I just found out about this game today. Looks awesome - as a APF 2k8 fan I think this game could be great. I'm amped.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BledsoeHoF
If I am not mistaken Take2 got the rights to use it in their games aswell ( I dont think it exclusive ) and GTA4 is rumored to have it as was APF2K8 but it didnt ( 2k9 maybe? ).

It was a big thing there last year on the 2K boards.
GTA4 DOES have it. I've seen it mentioned in countless previews and interviews.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 02-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta95
GTA4 DOES have it. I've seen it mentioned in countless previews and interviews.
Yep, IGN has a preview discussing what euphoria means to GTA.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:23 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 21

has anyone asked if they will allow MODs for the PS3 version like what Epic has done with the PS3's version of Unreal Tournament 3......

just thinking of the possibilities....Life would be soooo good if this was possible.... I would pay extra for this feature........ The Graphics, physics, and animation is already there for us (and seem to be way advanced of anything out there right now).......

I know we can customize the uniforms to our liking...and I like their new control ideas... but if this is going to be their only football game.... I would love to be able to modify it down the road to my likening....every facet.....from # of people on the sidelines (cheerleaders,cameramen, chain gang, mascots).. to remapping the controls to what ever we want....to just about everything

either way...can't F'n wait
Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #70
All Star

bkfount's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
It was indeed a big thing as well, I was an abid follower of APF2k8. While it is very possible it could use this technology, there are still doubts that APF2k9 will even be released considering how badly it sold.

The thing about Backbreaker is, it was built from the ground up with a modern graphics engine, and centering around the technology. The makers of euphoria know the most about it and what it is capable of, thats my optimism.
yeah, I want something new, something next gen. Madden is trash, and APF2k8 was basically a better looking NFL2k5. They did nothing new with it at all, and copped out with a game meant to cash in on their fanbase. That's fine, it's just nothing special. The only way I'd buy APF2k9 is if they added this engine to it.

There should never be any more canned animations in sports games with the existence of this engine. Even if backbreaker sells less than expected, at least it will be a proof of concept for a new engine and what it can do for a football game. I'd rather pay $60 to play something new to a genre than to pay $60 for the same old rehashed garbage.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #71
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
yeah, I want something new, something next gen. Madden is trash, and APF2k8 was basically a better looking NFL2k5. They did nothing new with it at all, and copped out with a game meant to cash in on their fanbase. That's fine, it's just nothing special. The only way I'd buy APF2k9 is if they added this engine to it.

There should never be any more canned animations in sports games with the existence of this engine. Even if backbreaker sells less than expected, at least it will be a proof of concept for a new engine and what it can do for a football game. I'd rather pay $60 to play something new to a genre than to pay $60 for the same old rehashed garbage.

Co-sign

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #72
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I don't think there's any question what a true physics system could do for football games (and all sports games). Unfortunately I think what we've shown as consumers is that the most important factor we need in a football game is the NFL license itself. It'll be interesting to see what the expectation of this title is when it drops. Right now it's claim to fame is the player interaction, primarily the tackling. But football and every other sport is so much more than that. OL/DL play, DB/WR interaction, linebacker play, playbooks, team playing styles, presentation, etc. I like that the Backbreaker devs are looking to go against convention on what traditional football games have been. But I don't think people can expect anything more than a really basic franchise mode at best, and it'd be unfair to expect the game to nail every gameplay aspect. There are just so many things that would have to fall right for the game, and it's already starting at a huge disadvantage with the lack of the license.

The devs are saying the right things though. And the tech videos released so far show some promise. Even with all the complaining that goes on with Madden or APF, I really don't think Backbreaker will contain the AI complexity contained in either game. Time will tell whether people hold that against them

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »