Home

***Official Backbreaker Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Backbreaker Thread*** within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: ***Official Backbreaker Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
if it hasn't been brought up....
would it be crazy for them to strike a deal with the AAFL league... should not cost much...actually it would be more beneficial for the AAFL to have their own football game(more exposure).....so with the teams that already in the game...with an extra AAFL league or a future DLC with the AAFL...

it'd fun....

it also sounds like I can recreate the XFL......ahhh good times.....can't f'n wait....
Yeah affiliation with a number of different leagues has been brought up, but I think because they are using their slightly futuristic theme that will be a no go. What has been stressed on the forums is that we should be able to customize everything about a league or tournament down the the rules on the field, and the fields you use. How cool would it be for them to add a stadium or two with walls on the sides and let euphoria take it from there?

I think they plan to add enough customization in this game to let you create just about any league.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #50
MVP

Everyone the new question of the month is up! It is all about how they plan to map out the controls and it sounds amazing! A great read.

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/showthread.php?t=412

Old 01-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #51
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Everyone the new question of the month is up! It is all about how they plan to map out the controls and it sounds amazing! A great read.

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/showthread.php?t=412
nice...sounds good, but I wish they went into more detail about passing as we'll be throwing w/ the right stick.

so far, so good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
nice...sounds good, but I wish they went into more detail about passing as we'll be throwing w/ the right stick.

so far, so good.
Yeah, they really didn't talk about the passing system which is a little disappointing, but I love what they did talk about. It really shows they are dedicated to making it a complete next-gen experience and not just "a tech demo."

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/showthread.php?t=238 Thats a link to the attribute poll which the developers put out for community input on which system we thought was best. The "Blend" system was most voted for, sounds pretty interesting.

Quote:
Backbreaker Fans,

Recently on the forum, a very interesting debate took place about which player value and attribute system would work best in Backbreaker. Based on this discussion we have organized this poll to engage your thoughts on the best way to structure Backbreaker. Please vote once on your most desired system, and explain why you chose that system below. While the following are only a handful of ideas, we continue to try to think ‘outside the box,’ and we invite you to help us in our quest to find the best system, which may be something yet to be discovered. Please continue to add your ideas and opinions and to challenge us and yourselves. Lastly, while we will continue to absorb your input, we cannot make any promises that any particular system will be used.

Systems

Number system: This system, as commonly used in other games, breaks down a variety of athletic and position specific attributes and ranks them 1-100.

Special Skills/Deficiencies: This system does not include numbers, but shows where a player may excel at a specific skill (ex. Lock-down corner, runs crisp routes, pancake blocker, cannon for an arm, etc.) or be deficient at a certain skill (ex. Slow feet, poor in man coverage, etc.). Players are identified with icons on the field to help identify potential mismatches.

Combine Testing Scores: This system uses testing scores from a variety of commonly used tests in pre-season training/testing and combine tests (such as vertical leap, 40-yard dash time, pro agility time, bench-press reps of 225 lbs in 30 seconds, etc.) From these tests, as well as position-specific training exercises, one identifies and grades their players’ athletic abilities and skills. Thus, one is forced to evaluate their own players.

Combo: This system involves using one rating, an overall rating of a player, and also incorporates the special skills/deficiencies identifier/icons. It shows the overall value of a player as well as what they do extremely well or poorly.

Blend: This system involves taking a handful of athletic/mental and position-specific attributes. An example for a quarterback would be speed, agility, strength, and concentration (athletic/mental attributes). Then arm strength and passing accuracy (position-specific attributes). These six attributes will each be given a value (1-100 or 1-10 or 5 stars, etc.). Attributes would combine to create special skills as well. For instance, a quarterback with high speed, agility, and concentration ratings may be a great "scrambler." Furthermore, a quarterback with a very high passing accuracy rating might have be a "bull's eye" quarterback. These special skills would be identified through icons on the field.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #53
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Yeah, they really didn't talk about the passing system which is a little disappointing, but I love what they did talk about. It really shows they are dedicated to making it a complete next-gen experience and not just "a tech demo."

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/showthread.php?t=238 Thats a link to the attribute poll which the developers put out for community input on which system we thought was best. The "Blend" system was most voted for, sounds pretty interesting.
I saw that, i visit the forum sometimes to see whats going on. Blend seems like numbers only, i don't get the distinction.

I've always thought that numbers is fine for speed, but not other things like concentration 88 & 91 don't make sense, it's either A,B,C kind of thing.

w/ this game, since impacts are based on speed and size, strength and angle - maybe they don't need a 'tackle' attribute ? It would be more about who makes better decisions that way...i don't know but i'm excited and this will be a release purchase for me.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I saw that, i visit the forum sometimes to see whats going on. Blend seems like numbers only, i don't get the distinction.

I've always thought that numbers is fine for speed, but not other things like concentration 88 & 91 don't make sense, it's either A,B,C kind of thing.

w/ this game, since impacts are based on speed and size, strength and angle - maybe they don't need a 'tackle' attribute ? It would be more about who makes better decisions that way...i don't know but i'm excited and this will be a release purchase for me.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. If you page through some of the responses there are a few different takes on how blend works.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I hope the controls work out well, right now it seems to me like they are going overboard with the analog stick controls. I like the aggressive and control allowing you to only do certain moves, but I don't know about the left stick control for speed. It will probably take some time to get used to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 PM   #56
All Star

bkfount's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
if it hasn't been brought up....
would it be crazy for them to strike a deal with the AAFL league... should not cost much...actually it would be more beneficial for the AAFL to have their own football game(more exposure).....so with the teams that already in the game...with an extra AAFL league or a future DLC with the AAFL...

it'd fun....

it also sounds like I can recreate the XFL......ahhh good times.....can't f'n wait....
I don't really see the point. The AAFL has zero capital to really justify a license being worth anything. They have nobody nfl flukies, horrible generic logos and team names. They'd be fine going their own way with generic content and letting people customize things.

This game sounds completely fresh and very next gen. Regardless how it sells, at least someone is going next gen with the football genre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »