Home

2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game ..

This is a discussion on 2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game .. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:49 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: 2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
NFL2K is DEAD
DEAD
DEAD
DEAD
DEAD
DEAD
DEAD
DEAD
DEAD

I'm sad about it too but it's the reality.
True, but the rosters update at OS keep the game alive. I am loving NCAA this year but I still wonder what if.... .
Old 07-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #58
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

It seems to me no matter who the developer is (2k5 or EA) we have fleeting glimpses of what a game could be, but we never seem to reach that point.

NCAA 2004 was a great game, but still needed some tweaks to make it perfect. EA, I felt, dropped the ball in 2005 and 2006. I haven't played madden for 3 years now, but it seems like it still suffers from everything I read on this board.

2k5 had great graphics and presentation, but the gameplay was broken, as was the franchise. Who can say whether their future releases wouldn't be marred by the technical problems and poor gameplay of their other releases. Namely mlb series (terrible gameplay), basketball series (pre 360), College Hoops (technical issues although appears to be solid game).
Old 07-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #59
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Personally, I don't even think 2K5 was the best 2K series FB game let alone best FB game. I'm amazed anyone can find it an all round good game. Online may have been ok but offline play was way behind 2K4. I think the worst season I ever had was with the Browns and that was 12-4 playing on the hardest settings I could find. The AI was perhaps the worst i've seen in a sports game for a long time.

2K5 was built to attract the casual Madden gamer - they changed the button lay out, they made it dead cheap, and they released it well before Madden. It amazes me that supposed NFL realism enthusiasts think it was even the best game in the series. As i've always believed, 2K5 was a "fly ball" sacrifice to get 2K6 to the home plate, it's just EA took the home plate and moved the game into their own private stadium before it could happen.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
What, picking a power back and pressing Y is a better running game?
Agreed.

Warrick Dunn bulldozing over Ray Lewis is realistic?

More like the NFL gave up the right to any who had the most money. Its not Ea's fault you would of done the same.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.

Last edited by NBASLAM2001; 07-19-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 4

lol!!

u know what's funny..
people will bite your head off when u bring up 2k5 or seem like u dislike EA's supposed new and better efforts..

but on the mlb catagory--fans will admitt that 2k is messing up and ea has the better game......

EA football games suck to hell!!!!!!!!!!!! all the 360 football is the same crap with pretty paint and all the features sucked out of it..so they can bring them back year after year and make a million bucks u nutts suck!!!..

your blinded by the light to see ea football games is simple little trolls on the field doing amazing superman things.

NFL2K5 is the best playing football game out there (still is)the best looking.

oh yeah nfl2k5 fans do yourself a favor pop back in the game
put the difficulty setting on LEGENDS...put human and cpu fatigue down to o then go 3 clicks to the right.....put HUMAN PASSING down to 0-then 3 click to the right....put the CPU CATCHING down to 0-then 16 clicks to the rights and turn HUMAN pursuit up 4 clicks to the right

WALA!!!! madden 06-2010 worst fears and still beater ESPN NFL 2K5....go do you'll self a favor bring ea their damn gameback!! and tell them we don't want this garbagea anymore free-the slaves--that is the ncaa football,nfl,nascar exclusive rights and let other people play ball!!!!!!!!!!!.....it's easy to be the king of the court when the only one playing!!--or playing your shadow!!.....

release the prisoners (ncaa'fb,nascar,nfl)and we'll let go of the hostage(mlb license)
EA is a king when no one else is racing!! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
lol!!

u know what's funny..
people will bite your head off when u bring up 2k5 or seem like u dislike EA's supposed new and better efforts..

but on the mlb catagory--fans will admitt that 2k is messing up and ea has the better game......

EA football games suck to hell!!!!!!!!!!!! all the 360 football is the same crap with pretty paint and all the features sucked out of it..so they can bring them back year after year and make a million bucks u nutts suck!!!..

your blinded by the light to see ea football games is simple little trolls on the field doing amazing superman things.

NFL2K5 is the best playing football game out there (still is)the best looking.

oh yeah nfl2k5 fans do yourself a favor pop back in the game
put the difficulty setting on LEGENDS...put human and cpu fatigue down to o then go 3 clicks to the right.....put HUMAN PASSING down to 0-then 3 click to the right....put the CPU CATCHING down to 0-then 16 clicks to the rights and turn HUMAN pursuit up 4 clicks to the right

WALA!!!! madden 06-2010 worst fears and still beater ESPN NFL 2K5....go do you'll self a favor bring ea their damn gameback!! and tell them we don't want this garbagea anymore free-the slaves--that is the ncaa football,nfl,nascar exclusive rights and let other people play ball!!!!!!!!!!!.....it's easy to be the king of the court when the only one playing!!--or playing your shadow!!.....

release the prisoners (ncaa'fb,nascar,nfl)and we'll let go of the hostage(mlb license)
EA is a king when no one else is racing!! lol
Stop trolling. First, and only warning.

Everyone else, ignore this nonsense.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:33 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 21

I dont think anyone is trying to be a troll.

EA gameplay and 2K gameplay have their plus and minus points, and we all have our preference. However we all dont have a choice anymore which is what sux.

If you gonna do things to exclude others from competing with you then dang it, you cant be sleeping on innovation when you are charging $60 a pop.

Some of you are content with playing a repeat year after year, but some of us would like some change...at the very least every 2-3 years add something of substance and impact to the game.

This NCAA 2007 is a good playing game but its old. To the Noobs it wont seem that way, but to us lifers, man give us something to talk about.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 4

what do you mean mod..i read the whole thread and added a comment...how can that be trolling?--is this thread closed?..i don't go typing the same thing every thread i hardly post..just my oppinion on this topic..

i think your blinded with the power mod.....be fair
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »