Home

2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game ..

This is a discussion on 2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game .. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:16 AM   #33
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: 2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game ..

I love 2K football but come on, let it go. I'm just getting tired of these 2K is better posts. The team at EA did a hell of a job on this game, I'm really into this game and can't say I will have more fun with 2K. But than again, how can I? The game has been only out for one freaking day. Give it some more play time. I am sure the first time you played 2K2-3-4-5, whatever, it wasn't love at first sight.

Give the game a chance, it might not be 2K but EA did not drop the ball around this time. They produced a very solid football game.

By the way, one comment I don't understand of yours is the graphics. How does 2K have better graphics? If you believe this, you must be viewing NCAA 07 on a 70s black and white tv and viewing 2K5 in HD.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
I love 2K football but come on, let it go. I'm just getting tired of these 2K is better posts. The team at EA did a hell of a job on this game, I'm really into this game and can't say I will have more fun with 2K. But than again, how can I? The game has been only out for one freaking day. Give it some more play time. I am sure the first time you played 2K2-3-4-5, whatever, it wasn't love at first sight.

Give the game a chance, it might not be 2K but EA did not drop the ball around this time. They produced a very solid football game.

By the way, one comment I don't understand of yours is the graphics. How does 2K have better graphics? If you believe this, you must be viewing NCAA 07 on a 70s black and white tv and viewing 2K5 in HD.
Well said.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:34 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like this game, its fun and I haven't bought an EA football game since NCAA 2002 on PS2, I skipped last year in protest of the NFL but reconciled that I could at least buy the NCAA game this year. I can adapt to the gameplay, there are some pluses to 2k's graphic engine but this game is beautiful on the 360 so I have no complaints there other than the occasional poor animation. But I am enjoying playing the actual football part of the game.

The one thing I am noticing sorely lacking is presentation. Halftime, post game, pre game, I'm just sucked completely out of the game and left remembering I'm just playing a video game. I don't understand why they leave that aspect of the game empty. College Hoops 2k6 was killer in that regard. Anything close to that would have made me a happy. In game replays are too few and far between and if you select a play you can't go back and review the last play?

Anyhow its a fun game, I like it but its nowhere close to perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 07:47 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just want to reiterate, I wasn't trolling...just stating what I believe as fact. However, I will be playing this game. I didn't play $60 for it to leave it on the shelf. I will also point out that I never said this was a bad game, I just don't know that yet....and I actually think it is "ok" right now.

A few other things...To be honest, I am not playing this on a HDTV, so maybe that is part of my problem with the graphics.

Also, I did fall in love with 2k when I first saw it. The presentation sucked me in. Little did I know the gameplay was where it really excelled. I am sorry but EVERY Madden game and NCAA game since has played like a late 90's video game to me since. That is just a fact for ME. I am not raining on your parade, or making a personal attack on you. I am just disappointed RIGHT NOW and I want EA to step it up. I WILL give it a chance to be better than past NCAA games or past Madden games, but that is all it will be.

Alas, I will probably buy Madden too.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:51 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

So, NFL2K5 excelled in the gameplay department?
- The DB AI was some of the worst in any football game
- The DL glitch
- Corner routes being money
- RB's trucking DL twice their size

2K5 was a great game, don't get me wrong, but it needed major tweaks to make it a great playing football game.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:51 AM   #38
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

If you guys see 2k5 on the thread title, I'd venture to say that it's quite easy to ignore it if you're all tired of it. The dude clearly said he wasn't trying to be a troll.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-19-2006, 07:53 AM   #39
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
So, NFL2K5 excelled in the gameplay department?
- The DB AI was some of the worst in any football game
- The DL glitch
- Corner routes being money
- RB's trucking DL twice their size

2K5 was a great game, don't get me wrong, but it needed major tweaks to make it a great playing football game.

With edits (as tedious as they may be) the DB AI was a lot better. The aggresiveness rating was a huge part of that. Corners and Safeties with high agressiveness ratings would gamble so much on pass plays.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #40
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I swear some people are starting to sound like my grandparents. "When I was your age there was this football game made by 2K Sports..." Get over it already people. 2K5 was a good game but it also had several flaws. NCAA on the 360 is possibly the best sports game I have ever played. 2K5 got bland after a while. The floaty ball on pass plays was so annoying. Not to mention the questionable DB A.I.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »